Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: LeBron's new sneakers to cost $300!

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    BB4's are a classic, but I'm tired of these excessive retro releases. Even Reebok released another Answer IV, and this isn't the first time they've done this.
    I mean, I think a part of me likes exclusivity, but I think a bigger part of me like availability. I think at this point, I get to experience the best of both worlds. I live in an environment that's mostly not crazy enough about shoes to allow me to likely be the only guy with a pair of classic BB4's or True Blue III's amongst my crowd. I get to wear the shoes I like, and I don't have to worry about one of those situations like when you discover a cool band only to find out everyone else is listening to them the next day.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Shoes better come with rocket packs. I retired from the game in 2007. Glad I never went back.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Good old Converse

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Just to reiterate what others have already said, the $300 price tag is only for the shoes that come with Nike+, aka the Vertical Measuring technology. Though, even at $185, that would be well out of my price range. I was pretty pumped for my $90 pickup last week though; likely the best shoe deal I've made in a while.

Back to the Nike+ technology though, will that not be one of the most skewable technologies ever? It will measure one's vertical accounting for the moment feet leave the ground and when they come back down, is that correct? If so, won't any kind of non-traditional landing provide a funky result? And they mentioned being able to "share" your scores online. Could folks not just hang on the rim for a split second and bring about a high (but not too high) result that'd not truly represent one's ability?

Bought the same shoes last month. Definitely a classic. Also, those Lebrons are sick. Defintiely going to have to add them to my collection. I have numbers 2-9. Still need to get the 10s and find a pair of 1s on Ebay

Just to reiterate what others have already said, the $300 price tag is only for the shoes that come with Nike+, aka the Vertical Measuring technology. Though, even at $185, that would be well out of my price range. I was pretty pumped for my $90 pickup last week though; likely the best shoe deal I've made in a while.

Back to the Nike+ technology though, will that not be one of the most skewable technologies ever? It will measure one's vertical accounting for the moment feet leave the ground and when they come back down, is that correct? If so, won't any kind of non-traditional landing provide a funky result? And they mentioned being able to "share" your scores online. Could folks not just hang on the rim for a split second and bring about a high (but not too high) result that'd not truly represent one's ability?

all of VC's were garbage....

shox in the back are ugly as ****

should have gotten da Paytons

I mean, I think a part of me likes exclusivity, but I think a bigger part of me like availability. I think at this point, I get to experience the best of both worlds. I live in an environment that's mostly not crazy enough about shoes to allow me to likely be the only guy with a pair of classic BB4's or True Blue III's amongst my crowd. I get to wear the shoes I like, and I don't have to worry about one of those situations like when you discover a cool band only to find out everyone else is listening to them the next day.
    It's a different story here where almost EVERYONE in my school wore Jordans, that tends to turn you off to a certain degree. When Nike started re-re-releasing them the stocks started to drop so I ended up selling most of mine.

Then there was the concords incident and I was off the game for good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

I think I still have my Payton IV tucked away in the closet. They weren't as comfortable as the VC's though.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

F*cking ridiculous. I could think of so many better things to buy with $300.

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Copping them! Honestly Lebron is killing the sneaker game right now. Best quality and best looks so I won't mind paying an extra 50 for them ( paid 267 with tax for my elites) not as good looking as the 9s tho

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

Good old Converse
    I love Converse All-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

I love all the older Nike Shox:

Quote Originally Posted by LBJDW305
    Copping them! Honestly Lebron is killing the sneaker game right now. Best quality and best looks so I won't mind paying an extra 50 for them ( paid 267 with tax for my elites) not as good looking as the 9s tho

9s are amazing. Copped the Freegums and Mangos a few months ago. Too bad I missed out on the Cannons.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Maybe I'm nostalgic, but I still like LeBron's 1st shoe the best.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Only America where basketball sneakers go for $300

BRB, some insecure ******* starts bashing me and says something along these lines, "STFU MAN, America's the best country in the world, you mad that WE DA BESS!"

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Maybe I'm nostalgic, but I still like LeBron's 1st shoe the best.

This is the pair I still need to get. I didn't get heavy in the shoe game until 04.