Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The official Antawn Jamison sucks thread

Jamison is pretty cooked.. but he can score a bit still, however will probably give it up down the other end.
    Last season he showed very poor shot selection, even worse defending and didnt rebound well. He is a classy person from all reports though.
    I wont be surprised if he averages around 10mpg for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Anybody who watches basketball knows Jamision is a good player. He is still a good scorer and being 6th man instead of being depended on will make him far more capable of shooting a high clip than he did last season.
    I watched many Cavs games, and I would not class him as a good player.
    He verged on being a bad player at times, but I'll settle for average. He definitely still has good skills though.

If he can curb his shot selection, stay healthy (36 I think so some risk there) and at least try defensively, he may be a good role player.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I watched many Cavs games, and I would not class him as a good player.
    He verged on being a bad player at times, but I'll settle for average. He definitely still has good skills though.

If he can curb his shot selection, stay healthy (36 I think so some risk there) and at least try defensively, he may be a good role player.
    As I said he's not expected to do a lot but help the 2nd unit offensively which struggled badly last year. Anything from 10-12 a game with the odd strong game will be an added bonus.

It's hilarious how players all of a sudden turn shitty according to some people here as soon as they sign with the Lakers.

Banned

Herp derp let's lower our expectations just because he will be on the bench. You guys don't understand how bad he is. He cannot finish around the basket consistently. He'll be 10 inches from the basket and he'll throw up a dinky teardrop or something rather than dunk it and it rims and clinks out. It's incredible how many misses he makes so close to the basket.

That's the problem, you can't depend on him even on the bench. No one saw how terrible he was in Cleveland with Lebron and Shaq?

Local High School Star

Jamison>>>Murphy

And that's all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's hilarious how players all of a sudden turn shitty according to some people here as soon as they sign with the Lakers.
    Jamison was a damn good player once, but he's not anymore. He's decent I guess, but I wouldn't let the the 17 PPG fool you. That said, I saw him drop 30 on Kevin Love earlier this year

Quote Originally Posted by Noof
    Jamison>>>Murphy

And that's all that really matters.
    Everyone in this thread is better than Murphy too. What's your point?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Yea **** all of you trying to tell me he'd be good

I think the Lakers would be best if their first option on offense were a Jamison/Nash pick and roll. Just start every other halfcourt set with that, and go from there. No one runs it better than Jamison, and no one initiates it better than Nash. Yes they're old, but Stockton and Malone were still killing people with it at nearly 40. All they need is the coach to emphasize it, and declare it important, and both players will rise to the occasion.

Every Lakers possession that is simply a Kobe staredown and then bricked 3 early in the shot clock could be that P and R set instead. Imagine how much easier that would make Kobe's 30 points. He can totally still drive and do his midrange pullup thing. Those long early bricks are killing a team rhythm that should be excellent, with Nash + Jamison + D'Antoni.

Kobe is blamed entirely too much for the Lakers' failures. He plays very well. But there has to be something else going on that he is a part of. If all the offense is is Kobe bailing you out, that's bad for the team and for Kobe. Gets everyone discouraged, even when Kobe pulls it off.
    Last edited by Clifton; 01-12-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I think the Lakers would be best if their first option on offense were a Jamison/Nash pick and roll. Just start every other halfcourt set with that, and go from there. No one runs it better than Jamison, and no one initiates it better than Nash. Yes they're old, but Stockton and Malone were still killing people with it at nearly 40. All they need is the coach to emphasize it, and declare it important, and both players will rise to the occasion.

Every Lakers possession that is simply a Kobe staredown and then bricked 3 early in the shot clock could be that P and R set instead. Imagine how much easier that would make Kobe's 30 points. He can totally still drive and do his midrange pullup thing. Those long early bricks are killing a team rhythm that should be excellent, with Nash + Jamison + D'Antoni.
    Jamison shouldn't be on the floor.

Dude is a softy

I still remember him saying that he'll lockout KG and it ended up him getting massacred in the post. It was 2010 Cavs-Celtics series

College superstar

just lets you know how bad the cavs actually are if old man Jasmison was the second best player on the team last year

Jamison shouldn't be on the floor.
    I think if he got into a rhythm and were treated like an all-star he would play like one.

On the Wizards he was team captain and he always gave you 20. I know he's a lot older now, but he was the slowest and most unathletic guy on the court even in his prime.. still could give you 25 a night. How you regard your players as a coach affects how they play. Do I have a definite role? Am I valued for what I bring? Do I know what is expected of me? If the answer to these questions is a resounding yes you get Rajon Rondo; if it's no you get John Wall.

I know he's old but he's the only player on the Lakers who can catch a pass.

And as for the defense, what difference does it make? He's no worse than anyone else on that team.

where are all those Losers again saying Lebron had no excuse for losing because Antawn was his teammate?