Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you dunk??

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacMagic's Avatar

Default Re: Can you dunk??

Sure. On my mini-hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Oh gotcha. It's clear now. I thought you were saying you couldn't do any other dunks now aside from the bounce. Your explanation makes much more sense.

Also, there's comfort in being able to pull off that bounce dunk while bringing it back a little bit. It means you could have scored a 50 in an NBA Dunk Contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2yfZ7yZ-XY
    i remember watching that in HS

when you watch the dunk contest you wanna see dudes do dunks you could never do, i do that dunk in warmups

Quote Originally Posted by TMacMagic
    Sure. On my mini-hoop.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Brb. Going outside.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Nope. almost though.

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Nope. almost though.

Oh gotcha. It's clear now. I thought you were saying you couldn't do any other dunks now aside from the bounce. Your explanation makes much more sense.

Also, there's comfort in being able to pull off that bounce dunk while bringing it back a little bit. It means you could have scored a 50 in an NBA Dunk Contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2yfZ7yZ-XY
    Yeah, that's hilarious...
    I can't remember all of Fred Jones' dunks, but I'm pretty sure I could do all of them when I was 18, since I don't remember anything spectacular from him that year. It was all J-Rich's dunks (as usual) that got me amped up that year.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah, that's hilarious...
    I can't remember all of Fred Jones' dunks, but I'm pretty sure I could do all of them when I was 18, since I don't remember anything spectacular from him that year. It was all J-Rich's dunks (as usual) that got me amped up that year.
    Yep, the only two I'm remembering off hand is that first Jones dunk and his first finals dunk, where he performed a pretty solid bounce-360 extension. It would have been a great opening round dunk, but I was still so bitter about him making the finals in the first place (then winning) that I didn't give that 360 any credit at the time.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6ziQSscrM
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-20-2012 at 10:00 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

I dunked for my first time! I once had dunked an alley opp, but this one was legit - off 2 feet with one hand. Felt great! I was acting like Im in the post, made a spin move, then 2 quick steps and elevated for the slam. Awesome!

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Being 5'7 doesn't really help But I hope to get a late growth spurt even though I'm 19 already

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    I dunked for my first time! I once had dunked an alley opp, but this one was legit - off 2 feet with one hand. Felt great! I was acting like Im in the post, made a spin move, then 2 quick steps and elevated for the slam. Awesome!
    Wow, congrats. Particularly impressive that you did it seemingly without a big running start. Nicely done.

NBA rookie of the year

Dunked the first time when I was 14, but it was barely and my first in game dunk was when I was 15-16.

But I've probably played alot more than you guys which gave me an advantage and I'm now 6'7 and I was like 6'3 when I dunked the first time.

Post a vid. I couldn't dunk off an alley oop until I could dunk with two hands with a running start.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Post a vid. I couldn't dunk off an alley oop until I could dunk with two hands with a running start.
    I was talking about those ugly alley opp's when other guy who is standing under a basket and throwing it up like a ref throws a jump ball.

Wow, congrats. Particularly impressive that you did it seemingly without a big running start. Nicely done.
    Running start doesnt give me any advantage, or I dont know proper technique. Will try something tomorrow.

I was talking about those ugly alley opp's when other guy who is standing under a basket and throwing it up like a ref throws a jump ball.
    So was I