Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: What is the worst finals MVP performance in modern history?

Let's all just agree that finals mvp is an overrated award.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    1. The level of play in the 2010 finals, the level of defense, coaching, the value of rebounding , and the fact that half the players in the series couldn't buy a shot due to all these things need to be factored in. The degree of of offensive responsibility Kobe had in the series also needs to be contextualized. He scored an absurd clip of the teams actual points that series. His defensive impact should also be taken into account.

2. In Dirk's 2011 case the fact that he was the only consistent source of scoring for the Mav's and the fact that the offense was largely dependent on his ability to score needs to be recognized. He was by some distance the best and most important player on either team.

3.In Duncan's 2005 case. How did Duncan get dragged into this? He averaged 20,14,and 2 against one of the best defensive front courts this game has ever seen. When did 20 and 14 become bad. Jesus Christ.

As others mentioned he had a huge defensive impact - but it was more about the security of having him allowing perimeter defenders to do their thing than the other way around.

Agendas don't read.

this ongoing Kobe vs. Mj vs. Lebron is mad annoying

every day its the same thing: KOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKO BEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBE KOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKOBEKO BEKOBEKOBEKOBE/LEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLE BRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBR ONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRONLEBRON

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Lol, for those who are adamant that Pau Gasol should have won that Finals MVP in 2010, am I the only one who remembers how he played when the series moved to Boston for three games?
    Anything to make Kobe look worse, its funny how this board works

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    This is the 3rd time you copied and pasted that same post.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=196355

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showpost...2&postcount=26

Didn't Jordan shoot 41.4% that series? Which is Kobe's career finals.
    lol, that jackass Ne1 tries waaaaaay too hard, lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    How did you miss that the entire point of my post was to NOT judge everything on numbers? Jeez.

anyhow, it's not called the "PMVP". We're talking about the finals. Dirk's finals were good. Not great.

He didn't have some kind of epic defensive impact and he did go on long stretches where his shot wasn't falling. Like I said though, even with his shot not falling, his late game heroics give him an edge.

What am I saying here that's not factually correct?

But you did with Dirk

We all know its FMVP. I was just letting you know how great Dirk was that year in his Playoff run.

No one is going to make a "EPIC" Defensive impact with Load that Dirk had to carry on Offense. Only person maybe is Duncan but he still had much better players who can create on offensive end then Dirk did.

wtf you talking about being Factual?

im gonna protect chauncey billups, the whole point of fmvp is best player on best team and even though its arguable i thought chauncey was most important.

i feel like all around great teams (like those pistons) that werent carried definitively by a superstar (d wade heat) make it harder to have a definitive fmvp, but it doesnt make it less important

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    1. The level of play in the 2010 finals, the level of defense, coaching, the value of rebounding , and the fact that half the players in the series couldn't buy a shot due to all these things need to be factored in. The degree of of offensive responsibility Kobe had in the series also needs to be contextualized. He scored an absurd clip of the teams actual points that series. His defensive impact should also be taken into account.

2. In Dirk's 2011 case the fact that he was the only consistent source of scoring for the Mav's and the fact that the offense was largely dependent on his ability to score needs to be recognized. He was by some distance the best and most important player on either team.

3.In Duncan's 2005 case. How did Duncan get dragged into this? He averaged 20,14,and 2 against one of the best defensive front courts this game has ever seen. When did 20 and 14 become bad. Jesus Christ.

As others mentioned he had a huge defensive impact - but it was more about the security of having him allowing perimeter defenders to do their thing than the other way around.

These are some Common sense stuff these kids dont even think about.

These new Generation kids are so sad with lack of Logic due to Google.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    Kobe's easily. Gasol got robbed.
    THIS.

Local High School Star

k.g's numbers looked great in 08 but when it was going on I remember the finals talk being between ray and pierce after 4 games with ppl givin ray the slight edge since his numbers were better at the time through 4 games...pierce then went bonkers droppin 38 in game 5 and his numbers went up...I thought ray should have won it in 08 due to him being the most consistent performer and doing a great job on kobe...pierce did great while defending kobe that yr too but ray was no slouch...he knew how to force kobe into help D and make him take difficult shots

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    THIS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQbCdlVnS8

The best player in on the floor, period. Game 1 is not even a debate.

Kobe was better in all of the road games. Again, not even close (in fact Gasol's play was disgraceful at times).

So all you can point to are game 2 (a loss), game 6 (a blowout with Kobe resting) and game 7 (when Gasol shot 3-12 in the first half).

...Idiot.

Serious playground baller MAC system's Avatar

Only on ish will you hear that a guy that went 30/8/5 had a bad series. I'm kinda drunk right now but the one that came to mind immediately was parker in 07 or 05, cant remember the year.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAC system
    Only on ish will you hear that a guy that went 30/8/5 had a bad series. I'm kinda drunk right now but the one that came to mind immediately was parker in 07 or 05, cant remember the year.

Parker averaged 24.5 ppg on 57 FG% in the 2007 NBA Finals. TP9 abused the Cavaliers back court.
    Last edited by Baller1986; 03-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Baller1986
    Parker averaged 24.5 ppg on 57 FG% in the 2007 NBA Finals. TP9 abused the Cavaliers back court.
    Agaisnt rookie Boobie Gibson and hobbled Eric Snow? Ha impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQbCdlVnS8

The best player in on the floor, period. Game 1 is not even a debate.

Kobe was better in all of the road games. Again, not even close (in fact Gasol's play was disgraceful at times).

So all you can point to are game 2 (a loss), game 6 (a blowout with Kobe resting) and game 7 (when Gasol shot 3-12 in the first half).

...Idiot.
    this. if his teammates showed up earlier then they would have beaten the Celtics before 7 games.