Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who will succeed in the NBA more: Royce White or Jared Sullinger?

Quote Originally Posted by randomword
    I think the Rockets should base a trade around sending Royce and Kevin Martin to Philly for Iguodala. Both teams create room to play their picks and fill an obvious need in the lineup. Philly gets the added bonus of Martin's expiring contract to coincide with Brands's expirer after next year.
    I would like that deal as a Sixers fan and a fan of Royce. It depends on what the whole deal looks like but I would be all for it.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I would like that deal as a Sixers fan and a fan of Royce. It depends on what the whole deal looks like but I would be all for it.
    Great trade for both teams. The Rockets would need to go out and acquire a few more big named veterans for some of their power forward youngsters

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by randomword
    I think the Rockets should base a trade around sending Royce and Kevin Martin to Philly for Iguodala. Both teams create room to play their picks and fill an obvious need in the lineup. Philly gets the added bonus of Martin's expiring contract to coincide with Brands's expirer after next year.
    That would be a good start.

Iggy can't lead the team, though. If they did a trade like that, any deal that shipped out Scola and Lowry would have to net a go-to player.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Great trade for both teams. The Rockets would need to go out and acquire a few more big named veterans for some of their power forward youngsters
    The Sixers would prob need a pick thrown in or another talented young guy because the deal would essentially be Iggy for Royce since we would prob let Martin's contract expire and he wouldn't be a very big trade chip if we looked to deal him. I'd be interested in what a legit proposal would look like.

Saw a basketball once

I don't think the Sixers would need any more. The Sixers wouldn't be trying to get immediate equal player value. They would get a great player in Royce, but probably more importantly, Martin's contract coming off the books at the same time as Brand's allows the Sixers to be in position for one or two max players in the offseason. The only players under contract would be Holiday, Turner, Young, Vucevic, Harkless, Moultrie, White, and hopefully Lavoy Allen. I think that would be a total of 25 million or so. because of the youthful roster, they would get to use the protected pick they traded Miami last night to add another asset. If the Sixers were only to sign filler players to one year deals this offseason, that would leave about 30 million or more to aquire two max players in the offseason. In addition, playing this group of youngsters with the experienced and high character Brand, Young, and Martin will help them become true professionals. At the end of the season the Sixers should have a much better idea of what they have and how good the young players could be.