Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

2k is good but it sucks. And the guitar hero system slam dunk contest???? Somebody needs the chit slapped out of them...

Lets be real here. Nba Live 09 and 10 with better gameplay mechanics would be the goat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Same. NBA Live will save us I hope .
    Doubt it, Live looks bad as far as the graphics....that Lebron vs Rose video that popped up during E3 didn't look good graphically at all.

NBA Superstar

With as much fun as I had with NBA 2K11, and with as much fun as I was still able to have with 2K12 despite their taking a step backward, I think it's going to take something massively ridiculous to push me away from 2K13. A lot of the 2K12 issues seem pretty clear, so I have faith in the forthcoming product. Plus, an extra year to square away the online code they re-wrote from scratch for 2K12 will hopefully get online connectivity back on track.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Doubt it, Live looks bad as far as the graphics....that Lebron vs Rose video that popped up during E3 didn't look good graphically at all.
    Graphics this many months early are never the finished product. The footage they showed was probably from 3+ months ago. BTW I wouldn't say it looks bad at all. Not as clean as 2K but not as plastic-y and lame as Live 10. Besides if gameplay is better than 2K12 (won't be too hard to achieve if they are smart) I'll buy it anyways. I'm sick of bullshit on 2K. On NBA Live you can at least play defense. In 2K defense is gimped as ****.

NBA Superstar

I'm sick of bullshit on 2K. On NBA Live you can at least play defense. In 2K defense is gimped as ****.
    I'll be real interested in the defensive setup 2K13 provides this year. I thought defense in 2K11 was actually serviceable. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty solid. Conversely, I find that to be one of 2K12's biggest issues and I truly feel that is something 2K has acknowledged themselves. As such, I'll be curious to see where they go with that element from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'll be real interested in the defensive setup 2K13 provides this year. I thought defense in 2K11 was actually serviceable. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty solid. Conversely, I find that to be one of 2K12's biggest issues and I truly feel that is something 2K has acknowledged themselves. As such, I'll be curious to see where they go with that element from here.
    Yea but worst part is I was so hyped for supposedly improved D... and it's the same shit. When offensive player pulls turbo it's just so easy to get around the D. Somehow the CPU can play superb D.... which is why I just zone up and rarely defend the ball.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

What they really need to do is fix the server problem.

No other game gives me the troubles. FIFA SOMETIMES has trouble, but other than that it's awesome. Yet 2K constantly boots me or won't connect.

But I don't have the defense problem that everyone else seems to have.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    2k is good but it sucks. And the guitar hero system slam dunk contest???? Somebody needs the chit slapped out of them...

Lets be real here. Nba Live 09 and 10 with better gameplay mechanics would be the goat.

Portal with worse game play would suck. If the Rockets were better they'd be good. If the Sun is down it's night.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Portal with worse game play would suck. If the Rockets were better they'd be good. If the Sun is down it's night.

What are you talking about?

The fck are you talking about? Not re-scrapping, just tweaking. Little things like how a basketball hits the rim......

at people judging it this early. I lost A LOT of trust in Live after that Elite thing, and it's gonna take a hell of a lot to get me from 2K. I think the games are pretty good. People want perfection nowadays, it's not gonna happen my friends.

Granted, I'm not overly keen on this guitar hero style dunk contest thing. To be honest, I'm much more a fan of the 3 point contest over this. But anyway, my thing the last couple of years has been, and probably always will be My Player. I liked it last year, and I did like the fact you only had to play one draft showout game before getting to the NBA. But I didn't like the fact you were quite often interviewed/drafted by the same teams no matter how well you played. I must have been interviewed by the Bucks, Warriors, Rockets, Suns etc so many times whenever starting a new player. I hope your opening performance has more of an effect on where you might go.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    at people judging it this early. I lost A LOT of trust in Live after that Elite thing, and it's gonna take a hell of a lot to get me from 2K. I think the games are pretty good. People want perfection nowadays, it's not gonna happen my friends.

Granted, I'm not overly keen on this guitar hero style dunk contest thing. To be honest, I'm much more a fan of the 3 point contest over this. But anyway, my thing the last couple of years has been, and probably always will be My Player. I liked it last year, and I did like the fact you only had to play one draft showout game before getting to the NBA. But I didn't like the fact you were quite often interviewed/drafted by the same teams no matter how well you played. I must have been interviewed by the Bucks, Warriors, Rockets, Suns etc so many times whenever starting a new player. I hope your opening performance has more of an effect on where you might go.
    I disagree. I don't think people want perfection. People want what is guaranteed and promised. For example they promised viable and great defense this year and it took a big step back in actuality. They promised improved online play and the servers are more unstable than ever before.

When the **** are lobbies coming back?

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

OMG, that dunk contest is an absolute travesty.

NBA Superstar

I disagree. I don't think people want perfection. People want what is guaranteed and promised. For example they promised viable and great defense this year and it took a big step back in actuality. They promised improved online play and the servers are more unstable than ever before.
    Not to disagree for the sake of disagreement, but I'm not sure I recall 2K promising viable and great defense for 2K12. What I do recall is 2K's assertion they'd removed a lot of the bumping and contact that folks had complained about defensively from the year before.

In 2K11, many users felt offensive players would lock into brief contact animations when they'd attempt to drive and did not succeed. As such, it felt as if 2K attempted to rid of as much faux-contact as they could for 2K12, using a new, relatively cheap defensive system not entirely based in real-life physics as a way to make amends. Essentially, it felt like a move based on the idea of, "You want us to get rid of contact animations when attempting to dribble drive? Okay, we'll get rid of contact animations when you dribble drive. Let's see how you like that."

I honestly feel it's clear to everyone (including 2K) their altered system did not work in 2K12. I don't expect a ton of change from one year of a sports game to the next, but I am sort of expecting a positive defensive change.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    What they really need to do is fix the server problem.

No other game gives me the troubles. FIFA SOMETIMES has trouble, but other than that it's awesome. Yet 2K constantly boots me or won't connect.
    That's actually the other main aspect I expect to change. Considering their history, I'm still not sure I'd expect a super-smooth flowing online game at all times, but I expect a very high percentage of their online troubles to be cured. I do not play online personally, but I use the online feature for other things (2KShare, YouTube uploads, PressBook uploads). Everything related to online was jacked up in 2K12, and I believe it's the result of 2K deciding to re-write every line of their online code last year. Supposedly their online system's code dated back to the Dreamcast, so they felt last year would be the time to re-build things a bit. Obviously, the kinks were not worked out in time, but I feel an entire extra year to work that stuff out is going to leave a good chance of clearing a lot of those problems up.

Here's an article on the online re-write for those interested: http://kotaku.com/5854423/nba-2k12-w...-the-dreamcast

Of course, I say all the above optimistically because I am a fan of the 2K series and I'd like nothing more than to have one heck of an upgrade to purchase come October. NBA Live is going to be a tough purchase for me as long as 2K continues to have such a deep pool of classic players and teams while Live (until further notice) has none.

Edit: An excerpt I read a moment ago from an IGN preview (which was otherwise a relatively worthless article):
    We got a look at NBA 2K13 in a behind-closed-doors demo at E3 today and it appears they haven't missed a beat since the stellar 2K12. Longtime series producer Rob Jones talked of developer Visual Concepts' plans to amp up the fluidity and natural timing of the post-play reactions and celebrations, while he also aims to achieve a "true balance" between offense and defense by allowing the defender to be more physical with the ball-handler.
    So at least in theory and talk, there does seem to be some recognition of the defensive issues present in 2K12.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...-blake-griffin
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-07-2012 at 11:18 AM.

The issue I was really tackling was people making bold assumptions on a very first look at a trailer, which most of the time was in the background of a one on one interview.

How can, for example, someone assume the servers are gonna be ass again without actually trying themselves, or hearing from official reviews/word of mouth etc?

People saying they're done with 2K? All we've seen is a trailer basically. I'm just against pre-emptive assumptions, that's all.