Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Reggie Miller VS Ray Allen

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Im going with Reggie. He had a lot more success as the man of his teams. But its hilarious seeing Jordan homers prop up Reggie so much
    he had a lot more success as the man of his team then a guy like paul pierce...would you put him ahead of him too?

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Now that I think about it, I don't know one area of the game in which Reggie Miller is superior to Ray Allen.
    You're probably right. But I don't think the Pacers advance as far in the playoffs if you replaced Reggie with Ray. Reggie just had an edge to him. Ray is a competitor with an amazing work ethic. But Reggie slit your throat for the sake of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    he had a lot more success as the man of his team then a guy like paul pierce...would you put him ahead of him too?
    Both were more talented players, but Reggie's teams just won. Pierce's biggest moment before the Big 3 coming together was a ECF run when the east was incredibly weak. Reggie played on some deep teams but he never had a running mate as good as any of Boston's Big 3. He clearly did the most with the least.

Local High School Star

Both were more talented players, but Reggie's teams just won. Pierce's biggest moment before the Big 3 coming together was a ECF run when the east was incredibly weak. Reggie played on some deep teams but he never had a running mate as good as any of Boston's Big 3. He clearly did the most with the least.
    I guess we both have a different way of ranking players...nothing wrong with it

however...the rosters Allen and pierce played with before the big 3 era weren't very good...neither of them ever played with a competent big man before K.G (who is great obviously)

I guess we both have a different way of ranking players...nothing wrong with it

however...the rosters Allen and pierce played with before the big 3 era weren't very good...neither of them ever played with a competent big man before K.G (who is great obviously)
    Reggie is a hard player to really judge. I'm not saying I would definitely take him over Pierce/Allen. But at the same time I couldn't fault them for doing it. I'm far from a fan of arguing intangibles. I think it's a cheap way to prop up players. Kind how people will argue stupid things like "pure scorer" for Melo. But for Reggie I think it applies.

Local High School Star

Reggie is a hard player to really judge. I'm not saying I would definitely take him over Pierce/Allen. But at the same time I couldn't fault them for doing it. I'm far from a fan of arguing intangibles. I think it's a cheap way to prop up players. Kind how people will argue stupid things like "pure scorer" for Melo. But for Reggie I think it applies.
    I hear you and the melo example is a good one too...as long as were on the same page that allen and pierce were more talented basketball players then reggie then I'm cool with the assessment

I hear you and the melo example is a good one too...as long as were on the same page that allen and pierce were more talented basketball players then reggie then I'm cool with the assessment
    Agreed for sure.

Local High School Star

Agreed for sure.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Ray.

Just better all-around, more skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    Ray.

Just better all-around, more skills.
    So? It sure wasnt something significant that allowed him to dominate better than Reggie........ Even Tyreke Evans was better all-round than Reggie, "more skills".... Reggie didnt have many weapons, but he had a HUGE one, so huge that it allowed him to impact the outcome of the game more successfully & dramatically than Ray.... that weapon of his was clutchness/killer instinct, IQ, shooting, competitiveness and making his opponents break down mentally... Ray as the man of his team was nowhere near as impactful as Reggie was in same scenario (his entire career almost), he always was the starter and ALWAYS the go-to-guy in the 4th quarter DEMANDING the ball, even if Lebron James / Dwyane Wade was on that team, he would let them have their fun for 3 quarter and then it was "Miller Time" and the way he would deliver Lebron/Wade wouldnt mind that at all unless their ego stood in their way.... and most importantly he wanted to stay with his team his entire career, turning down opportunities to get a ring a la Ray Allen being a 3rd fiddle or benchwarmer....
    Last edited by pauk; 01-04-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Ray was better than Reggie in almost every aspect of the game, and had a bigger impact. Better defensive player (his D on Kobe during his game 7 brick-a-thon was excellent), ball handler, driver, passer, etc...

For a big shot late in the game: Reggie
    For the other 47 minutes: Ray

Reggie gets overrated because he came up big against the Knicks, a big name team because it's in New York. I enjoyed the hell out of watching him sh*t on the Knicks, but he was not a better player than Allen.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Miller is taller than Allen, that's the only advantage he has over Allen. Ray any day.

Give me Ray Allen

Banned

2000-2010 Ray Allen is easily better than 1990-2000 Reggie Miller.
    He could score in all the ways that Reggie could, plus drive to the basket and create his own shot way better.
    And while not exactly being an all-rounder himself, Ray's all-round game was better than Reggie's extremely scoring-based game.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Ray Ray