Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is it me or does espn suck now

sportscenter has gone down. i mean if i wanted highlights from other than the NBA, ill go there but NBA Gametime while so predictable and boring is still better than sportscenter.

however ESPN is still good with live sports. Maybe the ABC crew sucks in their NBA Coverage compared to TNT but everything else sucks in comparison to TNT's coverage.

I still enjoy whatever 30 for 30 episode is showing, X-Games coverage but other than that everything else is shit. Sportscenter especially. hate the way they waste like 15 mins on a big event letting every analyst in the building having a turn on their 2 cents.

How do Boston fans feel about Bill Simmons? One of the most annoying personalities on ESPN imo.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

espn has been sucking for a while now bruh.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    How do Boston fans feel about Bill Simmons? One of the most annoying personalities on ESPN imo.

I think he is bi-sexual

I usually hit open layups

SC was good in the 1980s and early 1990s. The espn2 highlight show was nice too. That channel had a good show for a couple years.

SC jumped the shark in 1996. When the show made an appearance in a Hootie and the Blowfish video ESPN really got full of itself. The SC commercials started around that time, maybe a year later. By the way, those commercials, while funny, are quite useless. Really, what is the point?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Big League
    SC was good in the 1980s and early 1990s. The espn2 highlight show was nice too. That channel had a good show for a couple years.

SC jumped the shark in 1996. When the show made an appearance in a Hootie and the Blowfish video ESPN really got full of itself. The SC commercials started around that time, maybe a year later. By the way, those commercials, while funny, are quite useless. Really, what is the point?
    Sportscenter commericals were around prior to 1996, but only by a few years. I actually felt Sportscenter still ran a good ship throughout the 90's. The catch phrases may have become a little much, but they still stuck to showing the good stuff (that is, highlights) in an orderly and effective fashion.

As for the point of the This is Sportscenter ads? We're living it. How did Sportscenter ever become such a big deal? What helped really propel it into the stratosphere? What helped draw attention to ESPN's flagship morning program? Sportscenter commercials.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Hey, at least they still have SVP and Rusillo

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

They are WAY TOO football dominant. Now that baseball is bak, they will cover it to death. They treat basketball like it doesn't exist outside of NY, Miami, OKC, and Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    ESPN peaked in the 90's and early 2000's and then with no competition, they turned into a joke entertainment show.
    I agree with this. The 90's was the golden era of ESPN and Sportscenter. It was still very strong in the early 2000's as well. ESPN is still useful because of all their live games, but channels such as NBA TV, MLB Network, and NFL Network have limited their importance, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    They are WAY TOO football dominant. Now that baseball is bak, they will cover it to death. They treat basketball like it doesn't exist outside of NY, Miami, OKC, and Los Angeles.
    If they could cover basketball like they do during the playoffs (fantastic coverage) espn would be a lot better.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

[QUOTE=Rake2204]I apologize in advance for re-posting something I shared here just yesterday, but this is the Sportscenter I miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DucRYEnRLI

Wow that's an awesome link -- didn't even realize how much I missed that version of SC

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

i havent watched espn for about 3 years

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I apologize in advance for re-posting something I shared here just yesterday, but this is the Sportscenter I miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DucRYEnRLI

Wow that's an awesome link -- didn't even realize how much I missed that version of SC
    That's some oldschool basketball.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

in Canada we have tsn. it's pretty funny

got to 6:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkAInXxNyIE

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar