Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

[QUOTE]If given the choice of any player in NBA history to start a franchise, legendary coach Phil Jackson says Celtics center Bill Russell would win out over his former player Michael Jordan.

Last edited by Ne 1; 05-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is pick 'em

Phil Jackson is so overrated.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is pick 'em

pOST liNKS to sauces?

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

Who the hell is Phil Jackson, and just what the hell does he know about basketball?

Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

Dat backpedaling

Kobe prob sent him a spiteful text message

Wtf.

At the Kobe. Not just because Jordan is in a different level, but because he was less of a headache for him.
    Last edited by jstern; 05-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Banned

Bill Russell is probably the 2nd best player of all time after MJ. It's not crazy to say he was better than Jordan. Russ was a beast.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 05-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Bill Russell is probably the 2nd best player of all time after MJ. It's not crazy to say he was better than Jordan. Russ was a beast.
    Not even close my friend. The only player that has a case for clear cut 2nd best, and arguably tied with MJ is Kareem.

Bill Russell was like Dwight Howard with b-ball IQ, much better defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and overall intangibles.

He was Dennis Rodman mixed with Barkley, and a dash of Howard, but better than all 3.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Not even close my friend. The only player that has a case for clear cut 2nd best, and arguably tied with MJ is Kareem.

Bill Russell was like Dwight Howard with b-ball IQ, much better defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and overall intangibles.

He was Dennis Rodman mixed with Barkley, and a dash of Howard, but better than all 3.
    Russell was the ultimate team player. He could get in the head of anybody, could dominate the game by taking five shots, and was one of the best passers in the league at the time. Hondo said their team took a huge shock the year after he retired because they ran through his passes.

He was super unselfish and was the GOAT defender and rebounder. Also, an amazing athlete. If I got a team full of shooters I'm gonna pick Russell, if I have a team with scrubs, I'm taking MJ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Russell was the ultimate team player. He could get in the head of anybody, could dominate the game by taking five shots, and was one of the best passers in the league at the time. Hondo said their team took a huge shock the year after he retired because they ran through his passes.

He was super unselfish and was the GOAT defender and rebounder. Also, an amazing athlete. If I got a team full of shooters I'm gonna pick Russell, if I have a team with scrubs, I'm taking MJ.
    Agree. Bill Russell is hands down the greatest defender of all time. I would love to start a franchise with Mr. Russell. I still put MJ and Kareem SLIGHTLY ahead of him. I mean by the slightest of margins.

Russell on defense was like a cheat code. Never knew he was such a great passer. Makes him even more deadly.
    Last edited by tikay0; 05-24-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Yeah, Bill won a lot and you can argue between him and Mj to start a franchise, but MJ or Kobe? C'mon ...

Banned

No surprise. If given the choice, Phil would also take Shaq over MJ. He's always felt that basketball is a big man's game.

Banned

The only reason I really think Russell has a case over Kareem is that Bill had such heart and was obsessed with winning. It was almost scary He got sick before every single game. I never really saw a killer instinct in Kareem.