Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: OGT: Dec 12 Brooklyn Nets (11-9) vs Toronto Raptors (4-18)

Rossss

Seriously, why doesn't Davis get more minutes or even start over Bargnani? 11 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 assist already for him. I've only watched three or four Toronto games this year, but it seems like very game Davis will come in and put up like 8 and 3 in a few minutes, come out, then play sporadically throughout the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Seriously, why doesn't Davis get more minutes or even start over Bargnani?

Nice kick out for the three by DeMar, just to bad Ross missed it.

Kyle Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, DeRozan (maybe?), and Terrence Ross should be "the future." If that's the case, though, they need to get some shooters or trade DeRozan for a SG/SF who can shoot the three ball. That can't be your starting five because you have no shooters, but that's a good solid young foundation to build around.

Kyle Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, DeRozan (maybe?), and Terrence Ross should be "the future." If that's the case, though, they need to get some shooters or trade DeRozan for a SG/SF who can shoot the three ball.
    Actually, that's the 5 players I would take for the future as well, but yes DeRozan really needs to becoming better at his shooting and Ross as his consistency.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Kyle Lowry, Valanciunas, Ed Davis, DeRozan (maybe?), and Terrence Ross should be "the future." If that's the case, though, they need to get some shooters or trade DeRozan for a SG/SF who can shoot the three ball.
    I'd shorten that to just Valanciunas and Ed Davis. And Davis is no lock either.

Lowry is going to be at his peak soon and requiring a big contract. He's very good but he might be more valuable as a trade asset than a player to a rebuilding (what the Raptors should be doing) team. The Raptors likely will not be a good team during any of Lowry's best seasons.

Derozan isn't good enough to justify the contract he got. His improvement over 3+ years now has been minimal. I'd be looking to dump that contract.

Ross was a reach to begin with and hasn't shown anything. But as long as he's on his rookie deal you're in no rush to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    Nice kick out for the three by DeMar, just to bad Ross missed it.
    DeRozan hasn't scored and missed his 2 shots, but he's already got 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block.

If your shots aren't falling, do other things to help your team win. That's what I want to see out of DeRozan, when he's not scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    Would Colangelo not let that happen? Would he go to that extent and micromanage Casey?

Ross throwing down on Brooks!

Raps are feeding their bigs tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    DeRozan hasn't scored and missed his 2 shots, but he's already got 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block.

If your shots aren't falling, do other things to help your team win. That's what I want to see out of DeRozan, when he's not scoring.
    I agree, his overall game has improved as seen from his increase in rebounding numbers and his improved ability to pass off his drive / out of the double team. He would be averaging a few more assists a game if we had people that knocked down their shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'd shorten that to just Valanciunas and Ed Davis. And Davis is no lock either.

Lowry is going to be at his peak soon and requiring a big contract. He's very good but he might be more valuable as a trade asset than a player to a rebuilding (what the Raptors should be doing) team. The Raptors likely will not be a good team during any of Lowry's best seasons.

Derozan isn't good enough to justify the contract he got. His improvement over 3+ years now has been minimal. I'd be looking to dump that contract.

Ross was a reach to begin with and hasn't shown anything. But as long as he's on his rookie deal you're in no rush to trade him.
    Only reason I included Ross is because his body of work is so small; but I agree, he could be expendable, too. Lots of raw athleticism and talent but he was still a pretty big reach at number eight.

How old is Lowry? I thought he was in his mid-20s (25ish). But you're that reay to get rid of all but one or two players?

I think DeRozan is a nice player but yeah, his contract seems too expensive. Really, though, they need shooters. Keep Valanciunas, maybe Davis, and maybe one of Ross or DeRozan, get some shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Raps are feeding their bigs tonight...
    I think the team wants to prove to Casey and BC that it should be Ed Davis starting and not Bargnani. Hence Calderon looking to feed him the ball every time down the floor.

Would Colangelo not let that happen? Would he go to that extent and micromanage Casey?
    Because his ego won't let him. He really still feels the needs to prove that picking Bargs as his #1 pick still could have a lot value for this team, but deep down he know he's wrong.

He know he messed up in that draft, but will continue to give Bargs more opportunities. And yes, Casey is really his puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    I agree, his overall game has improved as seen from his increase in rebounding numbers and his improved ability to pass off his drive / out of the double team. He would be averaging a few more assists a game if we had people that knocked down their shots.
    I agree.