Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Default Re: TRADE: Cavs trade Andrew Bynum, picks to Bulls for Luol Deng

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Hasn't he been an All-Star for the last couple of seasons?

Like I said, the deal makes sense for both teams. With Rose out, there's no sense in staying in the middle of the pack this year for the Bulls. Go for broke on another high lottery pick in this stacked draft.

For the Cavs, we've been playing the last few seasons with Alonzo Gee as our starting SF. I've been saying all year that the Cavs' biggest issues were no starting caliber SF on the roster, no veteran presence and no outside shooting. Deng knocks two of those issues out of the park.

This deal really does make me wonder why the hell the Cavs were ever even talking to LA about a Gasol deal. This is a far superior move, both in the short-term and the long.
    For a young team in need of leadership and toughness, Deng was the perfect fit for the Cavs. Cavs will really enjoy having Deng, he doesn't end up in he news for partying, he seems to be a really good locker room guy and if anything, will bring your team closer together. Especially after all the nonsense happening earlier in the year with Irving and Waiters.

I see a team that will be on the rise after this trade. Deng is very good at knocking down the open jump shot, or slashing to the hole along with very solid defense. Something that will balance this starting lineup and give Irving another weapon to take some of the scoring load.

Wait, nevermind, I thought Deng was in his early 30s, He's still 28.

The big difference between Deng and Jamison is the mind.
    Deng has extreme mental toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Wait, nevermind, I thought Deng was in his early 30s, He's still 28.
    Yeah I think Deng is going to be solid for the Cavs moreso than Jamison just off defense alone. Deng is a good defender. Jamison never has been. He also comes from a place that preached discipline, accountability under coach Thibs. Long term? Unsure what your team thinks about Deng or if they will/can resign him. But for now he fits imo at a position you guys have looked for some stability at. SF. Also gives Mike Brown I think the kind of player he likes.

If Cavs cant win with him then I dont know what it is about your team.

they waived him

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    The big difference between Deng and Jamison is the mind.
    Deng has extreme mental toughness.
    There are a lot of differences between Jamison and Deng. Luol is only 28. Jamison was 33 when we traded for him.

Completely different (and much better) move.

NBA sixth man of the year

Good move for the Cavs...

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Deng is the leader that the cavs have been missing. With Bynum gone and Deng in the locker room they should finally get their shit together.

The Cavs put forth arguably their most inspiring performance tonight, in light of the news on Deng. Confidence and attitude are part of the battle when you're a young team trying to find your way.

Also, there's this...

Quote Originally Posted by PDCavsInsider
    Kyrie Irving said he wore a Duke sweatshirt all day today in honor of his fellow Blue Devil Luol Deng coming to CLE.

Has anyone ever considered Deng a leader before? I mean he could be like a Derek Fisher type leader, but I don't think many Bulls fans label him as one.

Local High School Star

This absolutely ends all of the excuses at some point this year. After this group plays together for a spell, all of us CLE fans HAVE to stop saying "lack of talent".

Kyrie
    Waiters
    Deng
    Thompson
    Varela

is a lineup that many cities would take. Miles hits 10 3's last night and might not finish games! Jarrett Jack's leadership with this group? Could be great.

Grant puts up with a lot of crap, but at what point do we look at a lineup and say that it's good enough to win consistently? This lineup above could win 6 or 7 out of every 10 games.

Stop talking about Chris grant and mike brown. Let's start putting the heat on this lineup to get it done. It's good enough to win.

5 game trip out west begins Friday, but the test will actually begin after the trip. That's when this group should start to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    This absolutely ends all of the excuses at some point this year. After this group plays together for a spell, all of us CLE fans HAVE to stop saying "lack of talent".

Kyrie
    Waiters
    Deng
    Thompson
    Varela

is a lineup that many cities would take. Miles hits 10 3's last night and might not finish games! Jarrett Jack's leadership with this group? Could be great.

Grant puts up with a lot of crap, but at what point do we look at a lineup and say that it's good enough to win consistently? This lineup above could win 6 or 7 out of every 10 games.

Stop talking about Chris grant and mike brown. Let's start putting the heat on this lineup to get it done. It's good enough to win.

5 game trip out west begins Friday, but the test will actually begin after the trip. That's when this group should start to play.

I agree.

This team as it stands should start to turn things around. I'd be very surprised if they don't start winning alot.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Kyrie
    Waiters
    Deng
    Thompson
    Varela

i agree with this post. At some point its on the players on the floor to produce. Too many cavs fans look BS reasons to blame the losses on. Last night against philly cavs set a season high in assists. Did Mike Brown magically come up with a new offensive strategy overnight? Or did our players pull their heads out of their asses and played intelligently with some passion?

I've been saying it all season long and i'll say it again. This team's biggest problem is the decision making of our guards. Until they learn to consistently move the ball rather than just drive to the hoop and hope for the best, this team is going to struggle. Any team would.

Deng isn't going to be the answer to all this team's problems but he fills a GIGANTIC hole that this team hasn't filled since Lebron left. I think on top of his game, his addition is going to boost the confidence and trust Kyrie and Dion have in some of the other teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i agree with this post. At some point its on the players on the floor to produce. Too many cavs fans look BS reasons to blame the losses on. Last night against philly cavs set a season high in assists. Did Mike Brown magically come up with a new offensive strategy overnight? Or did our players pull their heads out of their asses and played intelligently with some passion?

I've been saying it all season long and i'll say it again. This team's biggest problem is the decision making of our guards. Until they learn to consistently move the ball rather than just drive to the hoop and hope for the best, this team is going to struggle. Any team would.
    yeah, the execution was on point last night, running plays properly, and the guards were moving the ball unselfishly. AC did a great job pointing out kyrie and dion's hockey assists.

i think the true test of dion and kyrie's unselfishness will be when their teammates shots arent falling. will they regress back to overdribbling, or will they trust them enough to keep feeding them the ball, till they get out of a cold spell. thats a real sign of trust.

Kyrie
    Waiters
    Deng
    Thompson
    Varela

I don't think there's any doubt the talent is there. Hell, I thought that even before this trade. The amount of young guys being relied upon for huge roles and adapting to a new system is the reason we have struggled so far this season, imo.

And, despite the recent losing streak, the team was actually playing better. A very narrow loss to the Pacers without Kyrie? A buzzer-beater against the Blazers? Another very close loss to the Heat?

I agree that all excuses are now out the window. Even the youth thing... Deng should help immensely with that.

One thing is for sure... this team isn't playing for the lottery. And, I don't think they should at this point in the rebuild. At some point you have to start winning games just to be reassured things are on the right track.