Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253 LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Your best bet would be to aim for something next year. Try to get a position as a programmer in your country this summer and work on a few projects that you can show off to make your resume stand out. Make sure you have your algorithms and data structures down, are comfortable in a UNIX environment, know Git and whatever language the companies you apply to use (Python/JS/Ruby/C/C++ are popular at startups right now). If you can pick companies that you like, see their job postings and learn everything that they want.

Most larger companies recruit interns for the Summer in the Fall and at this point are already on to interviewing the top candidates.
    In my country it's tough to find a job even as a programmer and finding a programming job over the summer is almost mission impossible.

I've been developing some apps for Android but I'm still learning. I guess I should publish some apps on Google Play and show them so I could improve my chances.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about the subject. Are you a programmer as well or you just know a lot about these stuff ?

Also I've seen a Work and Travel program. Basically I need to pay like $1000 + tickets + visa and I can work in the USA but it's mostly in smaller cities and jobs don't have any relation with programming.
    Last edited by Clutch; 01-03-2014 at 08:26 PM.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    In my country it's tough to find a job even as a programmer and finding a programming job over the summer is almost mission impossible.

I've been developing some apps for Android but I'm still learning. I guess I should publish some apps on Google Play and show them so I could improve my chances.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about the subject. Are you a programmer as well or you just know a lot about these stuff ?

Also I've seen a Work and Travel program. Basically I need to pay like $1000 + tickets + visa and I can work in the USA but it's mostly in smaller cities and jobs don't have any relation with programming.
    Yeah I'm about to graduate with a CS and Math degrees in the Spring.

Android apps are a good start but make sure to learn more than Java. You can focus on mobile development since there's a lot of demand for it right now but don't end up being a one trick pony. You can start by adding a web back end to your apps.

Most companies these days have public APIs or open source projects that they contribute to. If you want to get their attention try to tailor to their needs by either building something using their APIs or contributing to their projects.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Cops are going to start issuing Jay Walking tickets in the city When was the last time that anyone got a Jay Walking ticket?

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Happy Belated Father's Day fellaz!

Real GM.

Makes you Knicks ish fans look really sharp. A lot of posts and threads to read. I only found that site about a couple months ago but have enjoyed having something to read. Even if it's "Aldrich and th jr are starters" kind of stuff.

I don't need any more time wasting hobbies so in not too upset that I can't post there. I'm assuming half of the posters there are you same guys here, but am I wrong to think its pathetic of whichever of you is the one blocking me from posting there? How many different computer names do you have and how many sites do you post at?

Just wondering if anybody else here has been kept out of your club over there because they have different view than the "company line" says?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Real GM.

Makes you Knicks ish fans look really sharp. A lot of posts and threads to read. I only found that site about a couple months ago but have enjoyed having something to read. Even if it's "Aldrich and th jr are starters" kind of stuff.

I don't need any more time wasting hobbies so in not too upset that I can't post there. I'm assuming half of the posters there are you same guys here, but am I wrong to think its pathetic of whichever of you is the one blocking me from posting there? How many different computer names do you have and how many sites do you post at?

Just wondering if anybody else here has been kept out of your club over there because they have different view than the "company line" says?
    I'm confused. Who is this coming from?

So long, Mr. Murry. Like the kid; too many guards.

4 more days. Let's go -

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

What do you New York fans think about comrade De Blasio and how he's allowed protestors to ruin the holidays of tourists from around the world and America?

Knickscity, who do u want the Jets to draft? I think I want Cooper.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Knickscity, who do u want the Jets to draft? I think I want Cooper.
    I'd love him although I think he'll be gone, my wife wants him on the Raiders, and I think they will take him.

I'm just not sure of our QB situation though, if Mariota is there with that 1st rounder, they gotta get him. but if they got wr 1st choice is Cooper, 2nd being White. This team badly needs some legit talent. Any of these guys would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I'd love him although I think he'll be gone, my wife wants him on the Raiders, and I think they will take him.

I'm just not sure of our QB situation though, if Mariota is there with that 1st rounder, they gotta get him. but if they got wr 1st choice is Cooper, 2nd being White. This team badly needs some legit talent. Any of these guys would be a good start.
    I'm not 100% sold on Winston or Mariota. Winston for the off the field stuff. Mariota because of his lack of experience with NFL style offense. If we don't get Cooper, I want White. I doubt both will be gone by 6. We cannot leave this draft, like last year, without a solid receiver. We wasted so many picks last year on guys who will never contribute in a year that was DEEP with WR talent.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I'm not 100% sold on Winston or Mariota. Winston for the off the field stuff. Mariota because of his lack of experience with NFL style offense. If we don't get Cooper, I want White. I doubt both will be gone by 6. We cannot leave this draft, like last year, without a solid receiver. We wasted so many picks last year on guys who will never contribute in a year that was DEEP with WR talent.
    No doubt. I do think both QB's can adjust to the NFL. but yeah our receiver situation is awful, to be honest the majority of the roster is. Just need help all the way around.

Dead

The color in this forum are the best of the bunch.