Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is currently the best player in basketball

Actually he sucked giant balls in the 4th, Knicks should thank Novak for closing the game like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Are we really gonna act like he didn't get shitted on by Pierce and Bass today? His defense is still average!
    There was a lot of switching like usual by the Knicks so guys like Bibby and Chandler were guarding Pierce a lot. And when Anthony was guarding Pierce he was in foul trouble and the refs were making Pierce untouchable.

Anthony on Bass was just a huge mismatch, Bass looks like a roid head.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Wonder how the return of Amare will affect his play. As much people talk about Lin, the real issue has always been the frontcourt of Melo/Amare/Chandler coexisting.
    agreed. lin and melo struggle a bit. maybe it's the melo homer in me, and I just can't help myself, but I blame it mostly on Lin. he's a bit of a black hole at times. dribbles with his head down too which doesn't help matters. he needs to watch a lot of tony parker tape to help find that balance between scoring and deferring. I think if they work on it, it'll be okay.

amar'e and melo are just a disaster. but i'm remembering it wasn't THAT bad last year. wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. why? because amar'e was hitting that 18-20 foot jumper very well. if you watch highlight tapes from amar'e from last year, his 25+ point games before melo featured a lot of points in the point. after melo came along there were a lot more jump shots. not ideal, because it makes amar'e less efficient, but I'd rather see that than the mess that has been most of this season.

Dammit, I want the 8th seed

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Are we really gonna act like he didn't get shitted on by Pierce and Bass today? His defense is still average!
    they purposely avoided putting Melo on Paul Pierce for much of the game because Melo was in foul trouble. I saw a lot of Shumpert on Pierce (which is a big mismatch in Pierce's favor). Melo shouldn't be guarding Bass, and Bass made some tough shots anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    agreed. lin and melo struggle a bit. maybe it's the melo homer in me, and I just can't help myself, but I blame it mostly on Lin. he's a bit of a black hole at times. dribbles with his head down too which doesn't help matters. he needs to watch a lot of tony parker tape to help find that balance between scoring and deferring. I think if they work on it, it'll be okay.

amar'e and melo are just a disaster. but i'm remembering it wasn't THAT bad last year. wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. why? because amar'e was hitting that 18-20 foot jumper very well. if you watch highlight tapes from amar'e from last year, his 25+ point games before melo featured a lot of points in the point. after melo came along there were a lot more jump shots. not ideal, because it makes amar'e less efficient, but I'd rather see that than the mess that has been most of this season.
    Lin & Melo don't struggle. Amare & Melo do.

This Lin & Melo struggle bull is really stupid, Lin was getting a lot of his assists from cuts by Melo before he got injured. They work together just fine. Now Amare & Melo is the problem. Gonna be interesting how they play together in these final 4 games (Cavaliers, Hawks, Clippers, Bobcats)

I CANT WAIT till the Clippers @ Knicks game, great matchups, great players, gonna be a star studded affair.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Remember when Knicks fans were begging for him to be traded?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    lin is the only reason youre still in the playoffs.

Show some respect to your God.
    I'm not a Knicks fan so you fail.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    He's on a streak, hope he keeps them at the 7.

A Miami vs New York matchup would be awesome. ESPN would probably implode because they wouldn't know what side to take.
    ESPN hates NY. Bristol Connecticut is Red Sox country.

Rofl

This is like that time when Wayne Rooney was the best player in the world because of a 3 week stretch...

Or like that time where Russell Westbrook was the best player in the world because of a 2 week stretch. Then his teammate won Player of the Month.

This is somewhere in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    they purposely avoided putting Melo on Paul Pierce for much of the game because Melo was in foul trouble. I saw a lot of Shumpert on Pierce (which is a big mismatch in Pierce's favor). Melo shouldn't be guarding Bass, and Bass made some tough shots anyway.
    And that's the problem, there are numerous times where there is no one Carmelo should be guarding.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    And that's the problem, there are numerous times where there is no one Carmelo should be guarding.
    there really isn't. he can guard nearly all threes and a lot of fours too. it's just that you don't want your best scorer in foul trouble and they were calling everything for pierce today. he went to the line 18 times!

dirk nowitzki is my second favorite player, but mavs straight-up hide him on d at times. no shame in that. you can't have guys who are that important to your team playing with 4, 5 fouls.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    This is like that time when Wayne Rooney was the best player in the world because of a 3 week stretch...

Or like that time where Russell Westbrook was the best player in the world because of a 2 week stretch. Then his teammate won Player of the Month.

This is somewhere in-between.

I have a feeling he's going to come down to earth once Amare comes back