Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition

The 2012-2013 Nets swept the season series vs the Pacers.

While that does not mean this new team would sweep the Pacers with Granger, it does mean that more people should take note and not just say:

"Heat is a lock... and so is.... oh let's go with Pacers or Bulls because I'll get ridiculed on ISH!"

What if the Knicks make the ECF and the Heat don't?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Aight Fresh Kid, you're a Knicks fan and you're trying to talk shit?

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

1. Nets trade for KG, Pierce, and Terry. Brilliant trade or Skeptical?
    Skeptical. Will depend heavily on how much KG can play. Terry is cooked and Pierce is getting older too, there will be some decline.
    2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success?
    Garnett.
    3. TRUE or FALSE: Jason Kidd was a smart hire as Head Coach.
    FALSE.
    4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets?
    Health, then chemistry.
    5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season.
    FALSE

Fresh Kid doesn't do anything but bag other teams even though he has nothing to brag about. Contributes nothing to this forum at all except for being a really bad troll and an idiot.

I love these five question threads by the way, keep them coming

Brilliant trade because it makes them better than they were before. It may not work, but the franchise has taken a risk to get a championship so I like it.

2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success?
    AK47, dude is going to be massive come playoff time.

Have to say false, the win now approach doesn't really suit the head coach hiring. Why not pick a experienced coach to lead the team. Nothing against Kidd though, he will be a good coach, it's just risky.

4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets?
    Health easy.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season.
    False. I just don't see them beating the Pacers, Heat or the Bulls as of yet. Who knows though.

1. Nets trade for KG, Pierce, and Terry. Brilliant trade or Skeptical? Eh, a little bit of both. The Nets clearly want to win NOW and they certainly grabbed some good pieces to get that done, especially with Miami getting a year older. Pierce taking a smaller role the Celtics could never give him should prolong his usefulness...and a 37-year old KG is still KG. However, if they don't win now, and I mean right now, they sold off a big chunk of their future for nothing.

2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success? Joe Johnson. The guy *has* to do more than just do the things that Joe Johnson has always done. If he can elevate his game, Brooklyn will be on another level. If he's content to just be Joe Johnson and cash his check on that, the Nets will remain a first/second round exit.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Jason Kidd was a smart hire as Head Coach. I want to say False, but this one's tough to answer without having seen him coach a game before. I certainly think he's a better option than PJ Carlesimo.

4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets? Tough one. I'm going with health. I think this team has enough veteran presence on it, including in the head coaching slot, to make the chemistry and defense a little easier to sort out. Several of these guys have been on deep playoff runs and know what has to be done. Strained quads and planar faciwhatever tears just throw all that chemistry and hard work right in the shitter.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season. False. I think the Bulls and Pacers will be duking it out to face Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Fresh Kid doesn't do anything but bag other teams even though he has nothing to brag about. Contributes nothing to this forum at all except for being a really bad troll and an idiot.

I love these five question threads by the way, keep them coming
    What do I have to do with anything? you one of tha worst posters of all time knowing you lost that bet to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    What do I have to do with anything? you one of tha worst posters of all time knowing you lost that bet to me
    This post just gave me cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    This post just gave me cancer.
    what a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    what a comeback

NBA sixth man of the year

Brilliant trade. Late 1st rounders every year are useless to a team that wants to win now.

KG is a huge upgrade over Evans. Pierce is one of the best shooters at SF in nba history and an upgrade over Wallace offensively. Terry adds scoring punch to an inconsistent bench.

Deron Williams. He needs to be able to integrate all 5 guys and maximize their strengths. Step up and make this his team.

False. 0 coaching experience. Sloan would've been perfect.

I'm going to go with health. KG teams never have defense or chemistry problems.

False. The Pacers upgraded as well and have a younger core.

Banned

Good trade. These three guys both have enough left in the tank to compete, and now since they'll have lesser roles than with the Celtics, they'll be fresh by playoff time.

Deron Williams.

False

Health.

False.