Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: WOJ: Paul George being traded to Clippers

Their perimeter defense should be a sight to behold though.

Default Re: WOJ: Paul George to Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Callystarr
    I'm glad he chose Clippers, I just think it is at a high cost but we will see. After reviewing more in depth I'd say they are top 3.

but the west is loaded...who the hell knows
    How many first round pick and overall first pick Clippers screwed up previously?

Now here is a real all star, it worth everything.

When you have Leonard and PG, the picks won't worth much because they will be a playoff team.

They may not win it in the end, but I am so happy that Clippers are relevant finally, and Lebron's team going to suck again.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    How many first round pick and overall first pick Clippers screwed up previously?

When you have Leonard and PG, the picks won't worth much because they will be a playoff team.

They may not win it in the end, but I am so happy that Clippers are relevant finally, and Lebron's team going to suck again.
    I'm not disagreeing, its just something to watch for.

PG is my favorite player in the NBA but his chemistry with other players is always questionable... His shooting is questionable, and his consistency is questionable...however, his defense is always there.

He is a career 43% shooter, its nothing to write home about. He is popular and he is a hard worker but he is STREAKY which has been his problem in the playoffs. Like I said Clippers improved most certainly...there are 6 teams in the western conference that can beat this clippers squad on any given day...

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec

That’s just it though. The Lakers are right up there too

Basically LA has two teams in the mix dude.

Decent college freshman

OKC acquired THREE unprotected first-round picks from the Clippers in this trade (2022, 2024 and 2026), league sources say, PLUS two firsts from Miami (2021 unprotected and 2023 protected 1-to-14) ... AND the right to swap picks with the Clips in 2023 and 2025. Staggering

westbrook is the next one to be traded.

[QUOTE=oh the horror]That

Quote Originally Posted by Callystarr
    I feel like the Clippers are better than the Lakers.

Offensively they have the edge, but defensively Clippers are strong. Clippers will be top 3 in defense.

The Clips are better yes. If this was a younger Lebron then maybe.

17th season Lebron? No chance. He especially needed Kawhi.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

[QUOTE=oh the horror]That

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    lol, more like almost there. LAL is easily outclassed by LAC, Den, and Utah. Not even sure I'd consider LAL better than Portland, Houston, or even SAS (LW4 and Dajounte about to blow up. Keldon in a couple years will follow suit). Shit, NOP > LAL? AD and Kuzma are real nice. But the rest of the roster is a 34 y/o LeBron, Danny Green, and tablescraps so far. Only dummies and plebs truly think LAL will be contenders.

I may be convinced otherwise if they get Marcus Morris...uhh...I guess that's about it. Cousins is a cancer and wont help them. Rondo is really the only PG available? Man...gonna be ugly.
    lol right...because LeBron isn't still a top 10 player in the league or anything regardless if he's 34 or not. Don't be a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    lol right...because LeBron isn't still a top 10 player in the league or anything regardless if he's 34 or not. Don't be a moron.
    Dude, we all saw his decline on D. Of course he's a great player, but he's no longer what he used to be. Even you said "Top 10" rather than "Top 1", like he was just 2 years ago.

I mean, OKC had 2 Top 10ish players and a better roster than what LAL has now and look how they did. You really expect LAL to be a contender as they're constructed now?

You need more than table scraps to supplement your stars. This year's Finals was indisputable evidences of that.

Is Rondo really all that

[QUOTE=oh the horror]Is Rondo really all that

Jesus that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Dude, we all saw his decline on D. Of course he's a great player, but he's no longer what he used to be. Even you said "Top 10" rather than "Top 1", like he was just 2 years ago.

I mean, OKC had 2 Top 10ish players and a better roster than what LAL has now and look how they did. You really expect LAL to be a contender as they're constructed now?

You need more than table scraps to supplement your stars. This year's Finals was indisputable evidences of that.
    lol you went out of your way to say Davis and Kuzma (wtf lol he's not even top 50 in the league) and then said a 34 year old LeBron like he's garbage. Make up your mind. Also, Westbrick wasn't close to being a top 10 player in the league this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    lol you went out of your way to say Davis and Kuzma (wtf lol he's not even top 50 in the league) and then said a 34 year old LeBron like he's garbage. Make up your mind. Also, Westbrick wasn't close to being a top 10 player in the league this past season.
    I said Kuzma is nice. Am I wrong? But keep strawmanning me, it's cool.

I mean, I won't say what I think of Westbrook. But who are your Top 15 current NBA players? Don't base it off of just last season alone. Cuz who actually does that lol?