Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Curry, Kawhi, and Durant are all better than him. Curry is already ahead of him all time as is Kawhi. The next time a list like this is done, Kobe will be at 15th max. And hes dropping by the day
    Wow so does this mean...

16be ?! 20be ?!

Kawhi is now consensus top 3. Finals MVP in each conference, wins championship in first season with new team. Also, because VORP.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Kawhi is now consensus top 3. Finals MVP in each conference, wins championship in first season with new team. Also, because VORP.

Wow so

LBJ
    Kawhi
    MJ

Solid top 3

6911 points

LeBar has been set. Let'a wait and see if Kawhi can do it. Or even pass MJ at 5.9k

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Wow so

MJ
    Kareem
    Kawhi
    Infallible logic.

[QUOTE=Rico2016]I found the ESPN top 20 list

*notables include: MJ #1, Kareem #2, LeBron #3, Kobe #12, Dirk #17

I

Curry, Kawhi, and Durant will all move up. I wonder whether any of them end up in the top 10.
    Durant clearly has top 10 GOAT talent. Legacywise, winning the championships off the backs of the Warriors hasn't really elevated him, but then the Warriors lost this year and I think many reasonably assume they win with him there. I think the next 5 years will play the biggest part in how he's viewed years down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Durant clearly has top 10 GOAT talent. Legacywise, winning the championships off the backs of the Warriors hasn't really elevated him, but then the Warriors lost this year and I think many reasonably assume they win with him there. I think the next 5 years will play the biggest part in how he's viewed years down the line.
    I see your point. He hasn't gotten any credit for the title wins because the narrative has always been that he was superfluous. These past finals may change that but as we have seen on this board,there are those who are doubling down on their original assertions and claiming that even though the Warriors lost without Durant this year, that doesnt mean he was essential in the previous 2 years because the Warriors were better in the previous two years than they are now.

kawhi just likely doesnt have enough years left to get in the top 10. He'll have a 6 year prime by age 30, durant has a 9 year one. Durant achilles might ruin him but even without that, I saw him as a little overrated and finishing as a top 15 talent even if he has great accolades. All time great scoring but that isnt everything. Small edge over barkley, dirk, malone types eventually.

Curry is the one I'm looking at with a chance even though his prime is only 7 years. His peak is just ahead of those 2 imo, top 10 lvl. FMVP does hurt but meh idc that much, he's not great but fine as a playoff performer among superstars in say the top 20-30. Injury concerns can stop him but I feel like he's already like only a couple great years away from being a top 20 lock.

I see your point. He hasn't gotten any credit for the title wins because the narrative has always been that he was superfluous. These past finals may change that but as we have seen on this board,there are those who are doubling down on their original assertions and claiming that even though the Warriors lost without Durant this year, that doesnt mean he was essential in the previous 2 years because the Warriors were better in the previous two years than they are now.
    Yep, pretty much a catch-22. That's why I believe the only way he can REALLY forge an inarguable legacy independent of the Warriors, would be to go elsewhere and build another team to championship status. It may not erase how people feel about his Warriors tenure, but he would have proven definitively that he can lead a team( that wasn't a previous champion/contender) to a title. The talent is undeniable, but that monkey is always going to be on his back in the court of public opinion.

Never in my life have I seen a retired Kobe Bryant ranked so far from the top by a so-called reliable media outlet. It's almost as though they do not adhere to a gigantic body of work and honest play.
    Last edited by 72-10; 06-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Where is Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Never in my life have I seen a retired Kobe Bryant ranked so far from the top by a so-called reliable media outlet. It's almost as though they do not adhere to a gigantic body of work and honest play.
    Are you kidding? Nearly every single outlet has him ranked outside of the top 10. Want me to bump that thread?

Edit

Found it: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...8#post13759668

Consensus, Cemented, Irrefutable.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Where is Curry?
    Behind Lowry

Kobe is the consensus 12th greatest player of all time. He can