Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: MJ is not a better mid-range shooter because he's smarter, quicker and makes better

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    To be fair, MJ shot less 3pointers than Kobe.

But, I don't think the numbers will change dramatically. There's even some evidence that suggests that that the more 3s MJ takes per game, the better his efficiency is. I don't doubt that his efficiency would stay relatively the same if he shot as many as Kobe does.

The problem with Kobe isn't that he takes 3s, its the 'type' of 3s he takes. He forces too many bad shots.
    Not sure what you're meaning to say. I basically said that when players take more 3s their 3 point percentage goes up, and when Jordan back in 89 decided to make the 3 pointer part of his game, his 3 point percentage was better than all of Kobe's 16 seasons but one. His percentage went back down next season when he only took 93 of them and the following season when he took 100. The season after that when he took over 200, it went back up to 35%.

Default Re: MJ is not a better mid-range shooter because he's smarter, quicker and makes better

Better than who? Bird? No chance. Kobe? Probably.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Not sure what you're meaning to say. I basically said that when players take more 3s their 3 point percentage goes up, and when Jordan back in 89 decided to make the 3 pointer part of his game, his 3 point percentage was better than all of Kobe's 16 seasons but one. His percentage went back down next season when he only took 93 of them and the following season when he took 100. The season after that when he took over 200, it went back up to 35%.
    I dunno how I missed where you said that, you're right. I saw it after I made my post

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Better than who? Bird? No chance. Kobe? Probably.
    jordan after 91 is in every way a better midrange shooter than bird

College star

Dirk has a strong case for best mid-range shooter. Dallas' offense basically runs through Dirks mid-range shooting and won them a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Dirk has a strong case for best mid-range shooter. Dallas' offense basically runs through Dirks mid-range shooting and won them a championship.
    This. Dirk's midrange is insanely underrated

Kobe went to the finals 7 times and won 5 chips using his mid-range as his primary weapon.. Jordan only became a good mid-range shooter during his 2nd 3peat while Kobe from day 1 was already godly in mid-range.. The difference between Mike and Kobe mid-range was Kobe make a lot of tough midrange shot becoz of tight defense while Mike make a lot open midrange shot becoz the defense in his era was weak(aka no defense era) compare to Kobe's era(aka the toughest defensive era..)

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Kobe went to the finals 7 times and won 5 chips using his mid-range as his primary weapon.. Jordan only became a good mid-range shooter during his 2nd 3peat while Kobe from day 1 was already godly in mid-range.. The difference between Mike and Kobe mid-range was Kobe make a lot of tough midrange shot becoz of tight defense while Mike make a lot open midrange shot becoz the defense in his era was weak(aka no defense era) compare to Kobe's era(aka the toughest defensive era..)
    I sure hope you're just a dummy account

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    jordan after 91 is in every way a better midrange shooter than bird
    I wouldn't say Jordan was ever a better midrange shooter than Bird. I think, starting from 90, he was every bit as good of a midrange player.

Kobe's a decent midrange shooter, but his main weapon during the first threepeat was his ability to take it to the rim anytime, having Shaq there to make the buckets and by that you couldn't force him into taking shot after shot. Young, "start of prime" Kobe was so agile and unpredictable.

What happened when he solely relied on his midrange game, taking tough shots could be seen in the 2004 finals.

Calling the 90s weak defense era is a ****ing joke.

Better Mid range shooter than west?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rjR...feature=g-vrec

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    The Only one worth a comparison. Don't pretend you don't know who am I talking about
    Kareem?
    Russell?
    Wilt?
    Magic?
    Bird?

Jordan only became a good mid-range shooter during his 2nd 3peat while Kobe from day 1 was already godly in mid-range..
    You really are a fukking idiot.

[QUOTE=andgar923]I dunno how I missed where you said that, you're right. I saw it after I made my post

Jordan had an underrated shot. He was pretty accurate at mid-range.