Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I'm hoping other teams offer max money to Klay and Cousins next summer and Green the summer after that. I don't see KD going anywhere tbh because Warriors will match anything KD gets in the market. But they can't match for all 3 of Klay, Cousins and Green. They can't realistically give 4 players max money or even 3 people on a 15 player roster. I believe Cousins is only there for the ring and to rehab himself back into shape then he is gone for max money elsewhere.

If Warriors lose any 2 of Klay, Cousins or Green, we will take 'em down..... as long as we get that 2nd guy next to LeBron.
    Exactly. Golden State obviously wins a championship this year. Then they're going to be forced to make a decision. They're going to lose players. Even if they give Klay the max next off season that means Green is gone the season after that. And Boogie is for sure gone after next season. There's too many teams next season with way too much cap space for there not to be multiple max offers. The only possible thing that could happen is if they all somehow decide to take less money than they are worth.

watching summer league LAL/DET now .. 3 rd q 20 ptlead

Mykhailiuk is really good

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Exactly. Golden State obviously wins a championship this year. Then they're going to be forced to make a decision. They're going to lose players. Even if they give Klay the max next off season that means Green is gone the season after that. And Boogie is for sure gone after next season. There's too many teams next season with way too much cap space for there not to be multiple max offers. The only possible thing that could happen is if they all somehow decide to take less money than they are worth.
    interesting article written LAST YEAR about GSW regarding "repeaters luxury tax"
    https://theathletic.com/83224/2017/0...get-expensive/
    Add Durant's 30 mil and Cousins and Looney's 6-7 mil?
    The repeater tax fits cleanly in the structure of the luxury tax, with the same $5 million tiers and escalating per-dollar increases each time. This CBA simply adds an extra dollar for every tier as the mechanism for affected teams.

For example, the first tier ($1 to $4,999,999 over the luxury tax line) requires normal luxury tax teams to pay $1.50 for each dollar they are over the luxury tax, but repeater teams have to pay $2.50.

Considering the high-tier costs of the regular luxury tax, it may appear at first blush that the repeater tax is small and overblown. However, remember that it comes on top of both the luxury tax and actual salaries paid without the franchise receiving any additional value.

While the Warriors will not pay the repeater tax during the upcoming season, it can help quantify the burden involved. For 2017-2018, Golden State is expected to have a total team salary just over $135 million, which produces a luxury tax payment of $30.3 million and a total player cost of $165.7 million.

All of those elements would still be in play if the Warriors face the repeater tax along with an additional charge of $16.1 million, the amount they are over the luxury tax line. So that $165.7 million figure jumps to $181.8 million without adding anything to the team on the floor for that extra money.

The $50,000 partial guarantee to a training camp invitee from last week would cost the Warriors $252,500 if they were hit with the repeater tax, instead of $212,500 with only the regular luxury tax.

Even though the dollar increase stays the same regardless of the tier a team is in, it certainly creates more daunting bills for repeaters that are already incredibly expensive. For example, a repeater team that is $20 million into the luxury tax will be paying $65 million on top of its player salaries. A team that is $25 million over that threshold will be looking at $88.8 million in extra expenditures.

There are teams and owners who will consider that kind of expense worth it, but it should be easy to see why owners of consistently pricey franchises often try to find a way to reduce or eliminate that extra burden.

That said, the Warriors are in a different place than almost any other team in NBA history. With two championships already during this run and with more opportunities in the present and future, they appear to be “worth it” right now.

However, the seemingly inevitable repeater tax bill will come due later on, potentially after this group has peaked. That timing could end up being very significant in a few years. In 2020-2021, if the key players return, all four of the Warriors’ current All-Stars will be on contracts they signed after the salary cap spike.

The youngest, Draymond Green, will turn 31 before the start of those playoffs. That season would be ownership’s fourth consecutive year of paying the luxury tax and second dealing with the repeater tax. Stable financial footing in the Chase Center will help and this team could still be competitive enough to justify that level of spending, but a clear-eyed vision of that future is helpful — especially since most, likely all, of that All-Star quartet will still have more years under contract beyond 2020-2021 if they choose to stay.

The repeater tax is still a distance away. The soonest the Warriors can pay it is 2019-2020. But the specter of massive long-term spending could impact how they approach free agency in 2018, most notably with Patrick McCaw.
    I'm still not totally sold on Kawhi until I see him play and actually regain his focus and abilities etc.
    I love Klay's ability to shoot and play defense. Not only do I believe he'll fit well here, but also the idea of taking him from the biggest rival right now.

LA Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers Full Game Highlights | July 16, 2018 Summer League Semi Finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0tRikjQ5w

NBA lottery pick

Well, looks like Kawhi will be in a Raptors uniform next season. I feel like they finally have a chance to make it to the finals in the East potentially. Even if they do I just can't see him resigning there long term. To me this is more of a way for Toronto to make one last run at it and then it's an easy way to hit the reset switch for them. Their current team is only built to win regular season games so they needed to make a change, even if they can only win one more season. I know Paul George made a dumb decision. I don't think Kawhi does the same. If he does there will be plenty of others the Lakers can go after without having to gut their team.

any chance Raptors trade him to Lakers?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    any chance Raptors trade him to Lakers?
    Why on earth would the Lakers do that? There's no reason to give up any assets for him at this point. He is obviously upset and is going to leave after this season. The Lakers will have a great chance to sign him as a free agent. He'll probably take meetings with a few teams and make a decision. The way I see it the Raptors already did the Lakers a favor there. They gave up the all-star player and the draft pick for him to end up in LA potentially.

Why on earth would the Lakers do that? There's no reason to give up any assets for him at this point. He is obviously upset and is going to leave after this season. The Lakers will have a great chance to sign him as a free agent. He'll probably take meetings with a few teams and make a decision. The way I see it the Raptors already did the Lakers a favor there. They gave up the all-star player and the draft pick for him to end up in LA potentially.
    I would wait too. It's pointless to do anything at this point.

Short of finding a taker to move Deng, I would stay pat. I wouldn't even sign a 15th player at this point - just stay pat at 14. Keep room for flexibility reasons in case of some injury or some opportunity comes up down the road if someone decent gets waived.

i know, i was saying this .. but the only reason is a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
    PG13?

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    i know, i was saying this .. but the only reason is a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
    PG13?
    PG13 chose a worse situation and chose Westbrook over LeBron. It will be a move he will regret.

If we want to have any shot of challenging the Warriors, we cannot do so by gutting our team in the process. We must keep our young players, grow them and add stars at the same time.

If Kawhi chooses to stay in Toronto, that's his loss. We will move onto Klay, Butler, Towns, Cousins, Kemba, or Marc Gasol. While keeping our team intact.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    PG13 chose a worse situation and chose Westbrook over LeBron. It will be a move he will regret.

If we want to have any shot of challenging the Warriors, we cannot do so by gutting our team in the process. We must keep our young players, grow them and add stars at the same time.

If Kawhi chooses to stay in Toronto, that's his loss. We will move onto Klay, Butler, Towns, Cousins, Kemba, or Marc Gasol. While keeping our team intact.
    Yes, that is the best thing to do at this point. I agree about PG too. I said that right away. He's going to eventually regret that. And also Deng was the one thing I was thinking. Obviously we would move Deng for Kawhi but there's no way Toronto does that right now lol. It's so far fetched it's not even worth bringing up.

Yes, that is the best thing to do at this point. I agree about PG too. I said that right away. He's going to eventually regret that. And also Deng was the one thing I was thinking. Obviously we would move Deng for Kawhi but there's no way Toronto does that right now lol. It's so far fetched it's not even worth bringing up.
    Oh I meant if we could dump Deng right now to some team in a pure salary dump ala Clarkson and/or Mozgov. I didn't mean moving him for Kawhi lol.

I don't expect a taker for Deng, but I would be willing to add couple future first rounders and Hart or something if it means we can dump Deng. Short of that coming up, I am staying pat.

NBA lottery pick

I wouldn't want to give up multiple draft picks to move Deng. We've seen how much it can hurt teams to do that. The Lakers are better off waiting until a team is looking for an expiring contract or using the stretch provision on him.

Lakers just signed Michael Beasley. Well, that's a good fit if he stays sober - big time pot smoker

How are we going to find minutes for everyone?? Look at our depth at 3s even if Deng doesn't play.. Just nuts, huge lockjam

[COLOR="Red"]McGee/Zubac[/COLOR]
    LeBron/Kuzma/Wagner
    Ingram/[COLOR="Red"]Beasley/Stephenson[/COLOR]/Mykhailiuk/[COLOR="Red"]Deng[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]KCP/[/COLOR]Hart/Bonga
    Lonzo/[COLOR="Red"]Rondo[/COLOR]

Bold are all 1yr deals, and Lakers will be trying to trade Deng next July or use stretch provision on him so he is gone too. That's 7 players who will be gone.

The team next season will be very different.

NBA lottery pick

I think that is a great signing. Not sure of the fit, since there's a log jam at that position now. It really sounds like they plan on playing a lot without a true center just based on their signings. I'm not sure why there wasn't more interest in Beasley. When the Knicks needed him to step up last year he played excellent. That's a guy that can easily get a team over 20ppg when he gets the opportunity. He rebounds fairly well. His defense isn't always good but I think Lebron will hold him accountable. I think it makes for a very difficult match up situations. The Lakers have Kuzma, Lebron, Ingram, Beasley, Stephenson, KCP, and Hart that can all switch and defend those wing positions and create offense. I think Beasley has taken some unfair heat at times. So the guy smokes. There's a ton of people do. I personally don't but it doesn't bother me. Especially if he is playing well on the court. I wonder if this is kind of an insurance policy if they are thinking about moving Ingram or Kuzma. Doubtful but they sure do have a lot of wings on the roster now.