Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Default Re: Homeland

Horrible ending to a great season

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Horrible ending to a great season
    Word. A few shows had weak finales, Sons of Anarchy comes to mind. Both shows episode before the finale should've been the finale or at least had the same feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    felt like that episode could have just been the season premiere for the next season

and episode 11 was the finale
    Just saw this, yup.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Makes such little sense. There was absolutely no buildup to "where's Carrie's mom?" This storyline came out of absolutely nowhere. It would be one thing if this was some kind of mystery. Other recent shows like Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy have actually done some buildup of some mysterious past for its characters that made viewers interested. I figured maybe Carrie's mom died a while ago. Just bad.
    Well Carrie's mom gave us some insight as to why Carrie is the way she is and some parallels between Carrie's relationship life and her mom's relationship life. I feel like it is a relevant story, but just not to the current plot. We didn't see any ISI or Haqqani in the final ep, and that's disappointing. The Carrie's mom storyline would have fit better next season, as well as all the Quinn beta-ness

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

felt like that episode could have just been the season premiere for the next season

In my mind, it is. I don't care what the record books say. Kings are the 02 NBA champs, and the Homeland season 5 premiere leaked early

Word.

They switched it up to last three season finales, yet still drove how the main point, to keep you guessing what's gonna happen next.

Last three season finales hit you over the head. This was definitely less shocking, but still make you wanna watch season 5.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Well Carrie's mom gave us some insight as to why Carrie is the way she is and some parallels between Carrie's relationship life and her mom's relationship life. I feel like it is a relevant story, but just not to the current plot. We didn't see any ISI or Haqqani in the final ep, and that's disappointing. The Carrie's mom storyline would have fit better next season, as well as all the Quinn beta-ness
    We already knew Carrie's dad was bipolar, which is why she is too. This is completely different from other shows where they touch upon a mysterious past from the beginning of the series, which makes us wonder what exactly happened in their past going forward. There really was nothing of that sort in this show. They just threw it in there out of nowhere, when no one seemed to care about her past in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I also wonder how the government of Pakistan is viewing this season.
    I have my answer

[B]Pakistani officials furious over

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Finale was lame, last season still had some pretty glaring WTF moments in terms of just not making any sense, I'm not buying the CIA feeling that there are so many bigger fish to fry out there than Haqqani after he shot up their Embassy and killed 30+ people that they should make a deal with him, still makes no sense that Haqqani wouldn't have killed Lockhart, was part of the deal the CIA recovering their list of assets or are they just going to let Haqqani go wild with that? Does anyone else think a hardline terrorist like Haqqani would rather die than work with the CIA?

Too much not adding up right now for me to say it was a great season, but it definitely had it's moments and will have my attention again next year.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 12-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Still one of the best shows on TV

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I have managed to pull myself away from this and The Affair. It was tough not watching that season opener, but now that I haven't, I feel like I've escaped. OnDemand is still there taunting me though.

rank sentamentalist

goddamn this is still going

american television has perfected the art of making shows that suck as soon as the 1st season ends

they don't plan this shit out, they just count the viewers against a bottom line and then decide the following summer "make more seasons!" or "dont make more seasons!"

really cruddy system

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    goddamn this is still going

american television has perfected the art of making shows that suck as soon as the 1st season ends

they don't plan this shit out, they just count the viewers against a bottom line and then decide the following summer "make more seasons!" or "dont make more seasons!"

really cruddy system

You're on a USA message board.

Are you in the us?

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    You're on a USA message board.

Are you in the us?
    most of the time it feels like i might as well be

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Are others still watching this?

I think it's probably next best show currently on after Fargo. If you aren't watching you're definitely missing out!