Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lebron is still super fast

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    only problem is that wasn't his real weight. Look at guys like Melo 230lbs, Ibaka 235, Blake Griffin 250lbs, and Josh Smith 225lbs. Now tell me James weight 265lbs. The NBA lies about height and weight like WWE. They want them to be bigger then life to the average person.
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of - titanium?"

People always tell me I'm 30-60 pounds lighter than what I am. For reference, in high school/college, I was 195 and still had a six pack. So my natural weight is probably in the 195-210 range. So Lebron could very well be heavier than looking at him might indicate. He also has very powerful legs (as I do), and the quads are the body's largest and densest muscle group, and muscle is heaver than fat, so...
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 02-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of titanium?"

People always tell me I'm 30-60 pounds lighter than what I am. For reference, in high school/college, I was 195 and still had a six pack. So my natural weight is probably in the 195-210 range. So Lebron could very well be heavier than looking at him might indicate. He also has very powerful legs (as I do), and the quads are the body's largest and densest muscle group, and muscle is heaver than fat, so...
    I'm the complete opposite to you in that regard. People remember me as around 205lbs in highschool in my last year, and now I'm approximately 213lbs, but due to body changing so much due to hitting gym hard the last 4 or 5 years I get told I look 245lbs, or there about.
    Still a similar weight, just look bigger. I was wondering that about Bron as well. Maybe he actually hasn't gained that much weight, just all the strength training has changed his body.

Lebron is huge but he isn't a thick 6'8 athlete, he's pretty slim which is why he is a freak of nature.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    This is why it's so hard no to troll Lebron fans.

When Lowry started to run, Lebron was already at full speed. Even i would blow by Usain Bolt if i passed by him at full speed while he was just starting.

And to make it worse, when Lowry was side by side with Lebron he stopped running, because he knew he couldn't stop Lebron from scoring, because that was the goal, not getting to the finish line first.

Your knowledge of physics and common sense have to be close to null, to reach the conclusion from that video that Lebron is super fast.
    butthurt

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of - titanium?"

Exactly i know what you mean.

I am always told to be 30-35lbs lighter than i actually am.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    That was enough! Get out

On a serious note, Dwight Howard ran 3.14s, Amare ran 3.25s,.... Don't tell me they are also faster than Lebron? You just can't make those assumptions based on a video. You say Lebron is ~0.5s slower than Favors, Sanders, Howard, Amare,... cmon man now you're reaching
    hum ok, you can keep your perception based on a video where Lebron is running full speed while everyone else is standing still, i keep the facts.

In what game did you see Howard sprint in the court to say he is slower? Where was Lebron super fast speed when he faced a old Shawn Marion?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Where was Lebron super fast speed when he faced a old Shawn Marion?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNzBjCk7po

5-time NBA All-Star

Lebron is the biggest version of an super athlete I ever saw (while Shaq was humongous he didn't look like he could necessarily catch you). I saw Lebron in 2009 and he looked to be bigger than 250lbs then. There is nothing small about him. Quentin Richardson looks like a football player up close - his calves are humongous and hes just big in every way. Lebron makes Q look small. Neither Barkley or Shaq give you the impression if you ran behind a brick wall that they could knock it down. With Lebron, you definitely wonder.

Shaq was the first human I saw and thought he could be a different species because of his incredible size and co-ordination but then I saw Yao Ming and he made Shaq look small. Amazingly, Lebron is in their category of overall impressiveness.