View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Rewards of the tank:2014 off-season!

Quote:
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin dismissed questions about his future Thursday, when the team held its annual end-of-the-season meetings at EnergySolutions Arena.

"We’ll sit down in the future," Corbin said, when asked if he has met with general manager Dennis Lindsey. "We’ve got to talk to the guys [today]. We’ll have a schedule going forward."

Asked if he felt he would be offered a new contract for next season and beyond, Corbin said, "I always feel I’m going to be where I am."

On Thursday morning, The Salt Lake Tribune learned that Corbin’s future could be decided by this weekend.

The Jazz finished 25-57 this season, which began with a gutting of the roster and commitment to playing Utah’s young foundation — a group that includes Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks and rookie point guard Trey Burke.

"Anything can happen in this league," Corbin said. "I’ve been in it a long time. You want to have a fair shake and you want the best opportunity to win.

"The organization just decided to go in a different direction from the guys we had before. I knew it would be difficult. No way when you change the roster like we did it is good for the coaching staff, especially in the last year of your contract."

Like any coach of a lottery team — rebuilding or otherwise — Corbin received outside criticism for the job he did in his third full season as Utah’s head coach.

He shrugged it off, saying, "Misery loves company. There are a lot of miserable people out there — people that just like to focus on the negative."

I'm sure it's already been decided. Will be official soon. He never had a fair shake.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 04-17-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote