Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Brown

Default Bobby Brown

13 points and 4 assists in leading Siena to a 5-0 record in the top 16 He is a lock for all Euroleague 1st team and has a chance to be Euroleague MVP and who knows, maybe Final Four MVP.

Spanoulis only wishes he could hold his jock-strap.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Bobby Brown

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    13 points and 4 assists in leading Siena to a 5-0 record in the top 16 He is a lock for all Euroleague 1st team and has a chance to be Euroleague MVP and who knows, maybe Final Four MVP.

Spanoulis only wishes he could hold his jock-strap.
    No he isn't . He will probably be in second all Euroleague team but thats it since Siena won't reach F4 but even if they did he wouldn't be a lock for winning MVP. He isn't good enough to lead a team to Euroleague F4 and since he needs to have ball in his hands more than anyone else on his team he will never be good on some of the bigger teams like CSKA , Barcelona etc. on those teams he would be role player at best .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    No he isn't . He will probably be in second all Euroleague team but thats it since Siena won't reach F4 but even if they did he wouldn't be a lock for winning MVP. He isn't good enough to lead a team to Euroleague F4 and since he needs to have ball in his hands more than anyone else on his team he will never be good on some of the bigger teams like CSKA , Barcelona etc. on those teams he would be role player at best .
    I didn't realize that making the final four was a prerequisite for making the final four so yeah he is not a lock but if he does make the final four he would be deserving of the MVP as well I believe.

I didn't realize that making the final four was a prerequisite for making the final four so yeah he is not a lock but if he does make the final four he would be deserving of the MVP as well I believe.
    Yes he would have chance of winning MVP if they reach F4 but there would be othere players who would have chance of winning it too .

Yes he would have chance of winning MVP if they reach F4 but there would be othere players who would have chance of winning it too .
    Siena has zero chance of making the final four on their own merit, but the refs are clearly pushing them extremely hard.

They also had about zero chance of making the quarterfinals on their own merit, until the refs gifted them 2 games in Top 16. Although they still might not make it.

First counting a basket by Brown 2 seconds after time expired against Olympiacos, and then choosing to not call an intentional and unsportsmanlike like foul on Hackett against Vidmar, after he hit him in the face, at the end of the game against Besiktas.

2 games that were extremely influenced and/or decided by unbelievable ref calls, which points to an extreme push by Euroleague to get this team to keep advancing.

I don't know if it is Euroleague's way of trying to cover up all the stuff about mafia and Siena and stealing the 2-3 billion euros or what. Maybe they are worried with this getting out that it will look like Siena was buying wins all these years.

But then why would their solution be to push them by refs? Maybe Siena paid more to the refs this year and to Euroleague and that was why they really cut their budget, trying to buy the title.

Anyway, as it seems from the latest reports, that club's ownership is in huge trouble with the law over all the money laundering investigations.

It is extremely sad that Euroleague is pushing this mafia related team so hard.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.

There is no such prerequisite. You have to make the Top 16 to qualify for the MVP award, not the final four.

But the simple fact is that the voters are never going to vote in anyone who did not make the final four, because that would be a highway robbery. So you have to make final four to actually win it, not to qualify for it.

For example, the fan vote can be gotten. He could win the fan vote without making it. But not the media vote.

Giving the MVP to someone who did not make the final four would be the equivalent of giving the MVP to an NBA player that did not make the playoffs.

Sure, it could happen and is possible, but it's simply not actually going to happen. Even though you can win the fan vote without doing so, the media voters won't have it. Because it would be hugely unfair and a travesty.

That's why Euroleague changed the rules on their old MVP awards. Because guys like Sabonis were winning MVP awards without even going past the Top 16. So they realized they needed to make different rules and set specific criteria on the award to stop that kind of stuff. So the media can't just vote by whatever they feel like.

They have a basic understanding that they should not really consider someone unless they make the final four.

Also, you don't understand how Euroleague MVP voting works. They just look at who made final four then pick whomever they like personally and for whatever reasons.

Teodosic was very debatable whether he deserved MVP.

Navarro did NOT deserve it when he won it.

Kirilenko did NOT deserve it when he won it.

Parker's MVPs were both very highly questionable as he was not even the best player on his own team.

Papaloukas deserved it when he won it, but it was still a bit debatable.

The only clear cut times that the guy that won the award without question deserved it was when Diamantidis and Siska won the award.

The media voters are definitely extremely subjective on that award and the fans getting 1/4 the vote does not help the matter. Bobby Brown will win that award only by making the final four, and also being someone that the fans and media voters like.

Otherwise, he's not sniffing that award.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.

OLY was in charge of time so it's their fault because they lost but against Besiktas it was clear that Siena is getting help .

Kirilenko did deserve to be MVP last season and it wasn't even close , everyone I know who follows EL expected that .

Euroleague did you hear that Bodiroga is going to be new president of FIBA Europe or is that only talked about in Serbia ?
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 01-27-2013 at 03:02 PM.

OLY was in charge of time so it's their fault because they lost but against Besiktas it was clear that Siena is getting help .

Kirilenko did deserve to be MVP last season and it wasn't even close , everyone I know who follows EL expected that .

Euroleague did you hear that Bodiroga is going to be new president of FIBA Europe or is that only talked about in Serbia ?
    Spanoulis should have been MVP last year, not Kirilenko. The Euroleague already admitted that Olympiacos did not mess the game clock and no one pushed anything.

According to the Turkish media that was at the game, the clock stopped because one of the refs accidentally hit his game clock button and stopped it.

Well, Bodiroga is being put in charge so that he will agree to all of the changes they made to EuroBasket. I really don't like having EuroBasket once every four years. But I do like that they are forcing the World Basket Cup to take precedence over the Olympics.

Hopefully, Bodi has better luck at this job than he did as a manager.

Bobby Brown might think twice about living Euroleague for the NBA.

Jeremy Pargo who just a couple years ago was all-Euroleague 2nd and was the starting pg for a team that made the Euroleague final, leading them in minutes, points and assists, was released by the Cavs, the 2nd worst team in the NBA.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2010

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...-jeremy-pargo/

On another note congratulations to Bobby Brown for winning Euroleague MVP for January!

Bobby Brown might think twice about living Euroleague for the NBA.

Jeremy Pargo who just a couple years ago was all-Euroleague 2nd and was the starting pg for a team that made the Euroleague final, leading them in minutes, points and assists, was released by the Cavs, the 2nd worst team in the NBA.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...-jeremy-pargo/

On another note congratulations to Bobby Brown for winning Euroleague MVP for January!

You have been told over and over that Jeremy Pargo was never a star in Euroleague. You are a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You have been told over and over that Jeremy Pargo was never a star in Euroleague. You are a ****ing idiot.
    Being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and being the starting point guard for a team that made the Euroleague finals, not to mention leading them in minutes played, points and assists that year means you are a star.

By that logic Westbrook is not a star in the NBA.

Being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and being the starting point guard for a team that made the Euroleague finals, not to mention leading them in minutes played, points and assists that year means you are a star.

By that logic Westbrook is not a star in the NBA.
    No it doesn't . Whit that logic Savanovic is a star in Europe because that year he was also in all-Euroleague 2nd team and he isn't because in Europe you have less than 10 guys that are considered stars ( Spanoulis , Diamantidis , Navarro , Teodosic , Lorbek etc. ) . For example Khryapa is one of the best pfs in Europe in last years but I think no one considers him a star or only a few do .

No it doesn't . Whit that logic Savanovic is a star in Europe because that year he was also in all-Euroleague 2nd team and he isn't because in Europe you have less than 10 guys that are considered stars ( Spanoulis , Diamantidis , Navarro , Teodosic , Lorbek etc. ) . For example Khryapa is one of the best pfs in Europe in last years but I think no one considers him a star or only a few do .
    That's just weird than. Being selected to an all-Euroleague team means you are one of the top 10 players or at least one of the top 2 or 4 at your position. Also being the lead scorer and assist man on a Euroleague runner-up is also star worthy. In the NBA the top 20-25 players are considered stars. The NBA has 6 more teams the Euroleague but still.

So Euroleague has a culture where the top players are not considered stars for some reason. Then fine, Pargo was not a "star" in Euroleague but he was a top player. It's only an argument about semantics at this point.

That's just weird than. Being selected to an all-Euroleague team means you are one of the top 10 players or at least one of the top 2 or 4 at your position. Also being the lead scorer and assist man on a Euroleague runner-up is also star worthy. In the NBA the top 20-25 players are considered stars. The NBA has 6 more teams the Euroleague but still.

So Euroleague has a culture where the top players are not considered stars for some reason. Then fine, Pargo was not a "star" in Euroleague but he was a top player. It's only an argument about semantics at this point.
    Pargo got more minutes because Perkins got hurt so thats one of the reasons of his good stats , if I'm not wrong he was 2nd pg at start of the season .

Pargo probably wasn't top 5 pg when he made it : Teodosic , Diamantidis , Huertas , McCalebb , Spanoulis ( I consider him a sg but you can also consider him a pg ) .

Pargo got more minutes because Perkins got hurt so thats one of the reasons of his good stats , if I'm not wrong he was 2nd pg at start of the season .

Pargo probably wasn't top 5 pg when he made it : Teodosic , Diamantidis , Huertas , McCalebb , Spanoulis ( I consider him a sg but you can also consider him a pg ) .
    The point is with those stats he took his team to the final. Only Diamantidis was able to do that and that's why he was first team and Pargo was 2nd. Spanoulis was 2nd team for sg/sf. They weren't empty stats. As you could see he was the starting and top pg for a team that made the Euroleague finals.

In the final four he was 2nd on his team in points, rebounds and he had 13 more assists then the next closest teammate. You could definitely make the argument that that he was one of the top pgs in Europe.