Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    U mirin my face?

Default Re: #51 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    peak/prime T-Mac is a flat-out better player than many of these guys. how does he not make the top 50?
    Because a career goes beyond peak.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    Because a career goes beyond peak.
    And a human life goes beyond ISH... Post on your StateOfMind account. Like you really believe we dont know it's you, RG?

But this is correct. Otherwise, guys like English and Dantley would have been voted in already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    And a human life goes beyond ISH... Post on your StateOfMind account. Like you really believe we dont know it's you, RG?

But this is correct. Otherwise, guys like English and Dantley would have been voted in already.
    Shit, another RG account?

I can't keep up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    peak/prime T-Mac is a flat-out better player than many of these guys. how does he not make the top 50?
    Because he's not a top 50 player of all-time.

lol at Tmac making a top 50 list. This is the top 50 greatest players of all-time list, not the top 50 players that could never make it past the 1st round list.

Durant in 2012 was better than Tmac ever was. So if you want to complain about Tmac missing out, you should complain about KD missing out first.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    That's not true though.

Statistically, it's a toss-up. Tracy McGrady probably had the best single season while Grant Hill's around stats are very impressive. No doubt Chris Paul is excellent statistically too, but it's debatable that he's better than the aforementioned players. Meanwhile, in terms of accolades, I've just shown that all 4 players are remarkably similar in that regard.

I think maybe you were too young to remember Penny and Grant Hill back in the 1990s....
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...00#advanced::6
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...0#advanced::22
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...0#advanced::21

Paul is tops by every metric and and has (near enough) half as many again win shares as the next guy.
    This despite being a point guard for whom it is generally harder to score highly in advanced stats.
    e.g. Of the 165 seasons playing starter minutes with a PER above 25, only 16 have been been by pgs, less than half what you'd expect is distribution was even across the postions. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=0#stats::none
    Those 16 are
    6 by Oscar Robertson
    5 by Magic (4 if you don

"I don't think there has been or will be a better small forward than James, and I don't think people appreciated that. He was always such a quiet guy. But when he was in his prime, I can guarantee you, there wasn't anybody who could touch him." - Pat Riley

"James Worthy was one of the top 10 -- top five -- players in playoff history"- Magic Johnson

He has missed by one vote the last 2 rounds, but the more he slips, the more ridiculous it will get.

Big Game James and his NBA Finals MVP, NCAA Tournament MVP, 54.4% career playoff shooting percentage, years of leading the Showtime Lakers in playoff scoring.

If you ever saw him play, it has to be James Worthy.