Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

This is a big pickup...

Being in NY...D'antoni...didn't have support especially when Melo saw his spot light was being stole by Lin...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Defense wins championship and we hired Mike D'Antoni..

defense is about effort. not so much x's and o's

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

as a laker hater, this just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Dude would get to coach a team with Kobe, D12, Pau, and Nash. What more do you want?
    Physically and emotionally taxing to go from the retired life back into the fast paced NBA life at his age. I expected him to ask for a lot but I figured Buss would cave.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Knicks were the 5th best defensive team last year. D'Antoni's teams typically never had proper defensive personnel. Made a huge jump when they acquired Chandler
    Bingo. I once said Suns played no D as well till I did more research. I think Lakers will be top offense and top 7 defense which is plenty to win a title if healthy. First year of 3 peat did you guys know Lakers were 21st ranked defense under Phil?

Kobe doesn't even fit well into the Olympic team's offense...LOL

But the more I think about it, the more I see the benefit of this signing. But i think the years are too long. This is a total experiment.

But D'antoni's offense is something that these guys can learn and play themselves into during the season. Kobe/Dwight/and of course Nash have experience playing in it. And guys like Artest Jamison/Pau are just going to be shooters.

Wonder if D'antoni will just try to prevent Kobe from posting and playing Iso, as he tried to do in favor of Jeremy Lin? The guy really struggles to adjust to his players, and Kobe is a malcontent
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 11-12-2012 at 04:31 AM.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Not sure if this is really good or bad news, but Mike will love playing Meeks, Jamison while cutting minutes from MWP.

It's not the ideal signing, but it'll do wonders for their offense.

If it all comes together, they'll be the no.1 contender by the end of the season.
    Nash running the floor and playing the pick and roll with Dwight and Pau, with Kobe on the wings? Crazy.
    Don't forget that those fun Suns teams that were poor defensively, had some great defensive players (Bell and Marion) that knew their role in the offense. If Artest doesn't shoot corner threes all day and focusses on defense, this team can be great. The Suns biggest issue back then was their post defense, but with Howard and Gasol, they have two smart defensive players who can lock down the paint. I wouldn't be surprised if this team wins it all.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Knicks were the 5th best defensive team last year. D'Antoni's teams typically never had proper defensive personnel. Made a huge jump when they acquired Chandler
    I'll just cut it short. It's not going to work out. They won't win it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    6onna laugh at all the people on here clowning when the Lakers are running their teams off the floor by 40. This is the one guy I felt was capable of making this team hit their offensive potential. They are going to be unguardable.
    I seriously dont think the lakers will be blowing teams out by 40+ consistantly if at all. People are clowning based on what we have seen recently of the guy in NY. If he makes the Lakers into a powerhouse a few months from now, then great (for lakers fan really), but its no use overreacting again and again and again when the lakers make a move.

Cant see the lakers winning this year atm, rather they would have to gel coherently.

Local High School Star

God dammit. We hired last year's Mike Brown.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'll just cut it short. It's not going to work out. They won't win it this year.
    I'll cut it short for you. Nothing is guaranteed in pro sports but they have a great shot now and could be favored and at worst expected to come out of the west. Mike Brown was tempering that but Mike is going to free this team.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Hopefully, this jumpstarts our 3-pt shooting, especially for Jamison who's having a terrible start.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    It's not the ideal signing, but it'll do wonders for their offense.

If it all comes together, they'll be the no.1 contender by the end of the season.
    Nash running the floor and playing the pick and roll with Dwight and Pau, with Kobe on the wings? Crazy.
    Don't forget that those fun Suns teams that were poor defensively, had some great defensive players (Bell and Marion) that knew their role in the offense. If Artest doesn't shoot corner threes all day and focusses on defense, this team can be great. The Suns biggest issue back then was their post defense, but with Howard and Gasol, they have two smart defensive players who can lock down the paint. I wouldn't be surprised if this team wins it all.
    I hate the Lakers with a passion...but if D'antoni unleashes their offensive power...and with his 2 big men...this team will be something special.

That is one thing that D'Antoni hasn't been able to have...solid younger athletic men in the middle.

I'm excited to see this..

I agree about the Suns weakness being the inside defense. Dwight himself would cancel out that weakness. I also agree about him not being the ideal coach but it's a good deal for a plan B.