Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum Finally Answers Some Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Bynum never had a chance with Cleveland. Kyrie and Dion have NO IDEA how to get a big man involved in the game. Throw in Anthony Bennetts dumbass and you got one BIG MESS.

glad bynum is out of that situation.. hopefully deng leaves ASAP as well.

spoken like someone who never watched any games...

I hear this quite a bit from stupid people as an excuse to why Bynum wasn't performing... Guards didn't know how to get him the ball?

When he was out there they almost always went to him in the low post. He just sucked at converting.

Bynum isn't exactly a pick and roll player, i don't know what people expected. All he was required to do was to get himself in position and use his size and strength.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

Bynum isn't exactly a pick and roll player, i don't know what people expected. All he was required to do was to get himself in position and use his size and strength.

i dont mean to ONLY BLAME kyrie and dion, however they were just 1 piece of the shitfest puzzle that is cleveland.

cmon man.. we all know kyrie is not a true PG.. hes steve francis 2.0 but even more selfish lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Yeah, he said Brown's offense was TOO structured. Thats not an excuse to quit though but many players don't play well in a structured offense. I guess it depends on the offense. The Pacers offense is structured too so he better get used to it. But look at what Gerald Green and Darren Collison are doing this year on run and gun teams.
    Brown's offense has always been horrible. It has always been about giving the star player the ball and letting him do everything for everyone. When he tried to implement a poor man's version of Princeton offense with Kobe & Dwight, he failed miserably just as he's failed with running the system in Cleveland with Kyrie.

When Brown ran a simpler iso-oriented offense with Kobe,Pau & Bynum in 2011-12, it worked pretty well because Kobe could do what Kyrie simply can't. Bynum was a starting Center for the all-star game and had a monster year despite the same knee issues and put up a triple double in the Playoffs with 10 blocks. Bynum is up to the task of being a Center of the offense, problem was that he simply had no respect for Mike Brown and his system, which led to the fallout with the Cavs.

And it's not Bynum's fault that his knees are bad, he can hardly do anything about that, he's trying to get back on the court to produce and earn more money in the future, but his health is holding him back. He is a very talented player on offense and could easily put up 20 & 10 a night when healthy. The guy is super talented in the post & he's a great shot blocker. Fans are looking at his production (or lack thereof) in the last 2 seasons, but the truth is that it has nothing to do with his attitude, he has Greg Oden knees and there's nothing he can do about it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    i dont mean to ONLY BLAME kyrie and dion, however they were just 1 piece of the shitfest puzzle that is cleveland.

cmon man.. we all know kyrie is not a true PG.. hes steve francis 2.0 but even more selfish lol.

your point assumes that Bynum would be or would have been performing at a higher level outside of cleveland. I highly doubt that. He was given every single opportunity on the court and off to succeed. This guy had 2 doctors with him at every single training session for pete's sake. Like RBA said, Brown literally was trying to run the offense through him. It worked a few times, but he just wasn't finishing like he used to and teams used to run him to death when he was out there.

Kyrie is still only 21. I agree that he isn't pass first by any stretch, but he's been steadily improving in that department as his career has progressed. I don't care if CP3 was out there with Andrew. He still would have sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    your point assumes that Bynum would be or would have been performing at a higher level outside of cleveland. I highly doubt that. He was given every single opportunity on the court and off to succeed. This guy had 2 doctors with him at every single training session for pete's sake. Like RBA said, Brown literally was trying to run the offense through him. It worked a few times, but he just wasn't finishing like he used to and teams used to run him to death when he was out there.

Kyrie is still only 21. I agree that he isn't pass first by any stretch, but he's been steadily improving in that department as his career has progressed. I don't care if CP3 was out there with Andrew. He still would have sucked.
    It's hard to make Bynum a 1st option on offense after he missed an entire year due to knee issues. He was up for the task and he tried to do it and he did have some decent games when he got more minutes, but he just never got into perfect game shape to produce on a consistent level, which is why he chose to leave & join a potential championship squad so he wouldn't have as much pressure to produce. Now he can safely rehab & try to get into as good of a shape as possible to give Indiana some much needed minutes in the Playoffs against Miami.

And with the minutes he was given in Cleveland, he put up a couple of 20 & 10 games and he did have a PER above 15, which is not horrible considering how much time he was away from the game. He could give 10-15 solid minutes a game in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    lmao completely forgot the pacers had this clown
    haha, unexpected but funny... and true.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Well, then there you go.

Drew has gone from having an offense designed around him in Cleveland to a third string center in Indiana. He's trending in the wrong direction.

Let me tell you, though, since you are a Pacers fan... he has more left than people think. His biggest issues on the Cavs -- besides his obvious horrendous attitude -- were that he slowed down the game too much for a young, guard-oriented team (not a problem on the slow paced Pacers) and entry passes to him basically have to be perfect. A little low or outside and he can no longer adjust his position to catch the ball.

However, when he does get the ball on the low block, he's a bull... a very skilled bull. I watched him dominate Noah a couple times... He still gives smallish centers all kinds of trouble.

As long as he's not creating problems in the locker room, which cannot happen on a veteran team like Indiana, he'll be a net positive for you guys. I'm confident of that.
    He has gone from a team with shoot first guards who are more interested in making their mark as players than winning, to a team contending for a championship and a place where he's happy with the culture. I'd say he's trending in the right direction.

He should be kissing Browns feet every day? What kind of crazy shit is that.

As a Cleveland fan you're so biased on this matter that you shouldn't voice your opinion. He explained the situation after being asked questions, and you go talking about him bragging about certain stuff, it's unbecomming.
    Last edited by ZenMaster; 03-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.

College superstar

I think people forget how good Bynum can be if he's dedicated. He had a legitimate case as best Center in the NBA in 12' and he doesn't rely much on athleticism. He's got great footwork and knows how to use his size and length.

Indiana is gonna be terrifying if this guy gets anywhere close to being healthy again.