Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Lebron left handed 3pt bank shot earlier vs Bulls

it didn't count but nice shot anyway

now, that seems impressive because you're used to seeing lebron shoot right handed

but Lebron is really left handed

....so when you see lebron getting buckets and dropping 3's, just remember he's doing most of that with his natural offhand (the right hand)

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Lebron left handed 3pt bank shot earlier vs Bulls

Practicing 3s with the left hand?

MJ must have really gotten into his head.

He isn't the only player who writes with one hand but shoots with the other.

Beasley shoots lefty but signed autographs with his right hand.

You can clearly see that he wasn't aiming for a bank shot...

this is a real lefty 3, makes them with defenders on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmHvJerOsk

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

He also tried a left handed 3 pointer to end the first quarter IIRC, Spo wasn't very happy about that attempt.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    ....so when you see lebron getting buckets and dropping 3's, just remember he's doing most of that with his natural offhand (the right hand)
    Incorrect. Get your facts straight. He's cross-handed, which is a step below true ambidexterity. I'm cross-handed, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dominance

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by eurobum
    Incorrect. Get your facts straight. He's cross-handed, which is a step below true ambidexterity. I'm cross-handed, too.

interesting. do you find it relatively easy finishing with both hands when playing basketball? is it an advantage?
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 02-22-2013 at 05:40 AM.

I'm all over the place. I write with my right hand, but shoot with left. Kick with the right foot, jump with the left. Throw a football or baseball right handed. And here is the crazy one, I bat left, but golf right.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    interesting. do you find it relatively easy finishing with both hands when playing basketball? is it an advantage.

I'm stronger dribbling and finishing underhand/layup to my right, but better at finishing with hook/jumper to my left. It actually serves me really well as people are forced to guard the right drive/layup, and the counter-left hook/jumper.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

He made one in the All Star Game too. Didn't count since he shot it after timeout was called.

Quote Originally Posted by eurobum

Interesting facts...I too am cross handed. I write with my right and shoot with my right. But...I am most comfortable dribbling and making layups ( and kicking with my leftnfoot) with my left hand. When I type my left hand has the most dexterity.

Samurai Swoosh

He was playing around with his left hand all game. Almost made that end of quarter buzzer beater with his left, too. He played well tonight. Lots of wet jumpers, especially in Noah's face. He still can't drive and explode left, or hit jumpers going right off the dribble ... but he was beastly none the less.

interesting. do you find it relatively easy finishing with both hands when playing basketball? is it an advantage?
    I'll chime with my own anecdote.

Since I am more comfy with my right hand for shooting and more comfy with my left for dribbling, it makes for the pull up jumper/step back easy. Just like Mike Bibby and Tmac..

Dribble going left,skip set up,fake drive then suddenly pull up jumper or step back.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm all over the place. I write with my right hand, but shoot with left. Kick with the right foot, jump with the left. Throw a football or baseball right handed. And here is the crazy one, I bat left, but golf right.
    I've had people ask me on the court if I'm left handed. My dribbling is definitely better with the left hand, and some things is better (this is going to sound weird) but I can turn knobs and dials much better with my left than my right. Plus my layups are better on the left side but I shoot right-handed.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Yeah, pretty much, especially for close finishes, but when it comes to more advanced mechanics like shooting, it's one hand exclusive.

But there really is no rhyme and reason.

I write left-handed, but like a lot of left-handers* the way I hold the pen is not proper (causing quick writing fatigue, thankfully everything is mostly computers these days). BUT when I write on a vertical surface, like a white board, I write right-handed and hold the pen proper. Really weird. Penmanship is not similar to left-handed on a horizontal surface.

Shoot hoops right-handed. Generally "throws" are right-handed for me and delicate things left-handed. Like, when I aim a gun, fictitiously (yeah, I'm European, never fired a gun) I'm definitely left-handed. Swing a bat, golf-club, right-handed.

Every time I perform a new task I have to try both, some I still haven't figured out which is better, like bowling. Probably because I've bowled maybe ten times in my life and each time is with varying results. Neither left or right fee natural when bowling.

Funny thing: rackets. Badminton - left hand, tennis - right hand, but I think this is due to the first time I played tennis was during a summer when my left elbow was severely sprained and in a brace, so I learnt tennis using my right hand.

Interesting fact: there is a theory that most cross-handed people are natural lefties but their ability to use their right hand is due to society having most machinery etc. built for right-handed people. There is some truth to this. My brain is right-dominated (creative, etc., using left hand). My mom has told me that when I was a starting to draw at a very young age, she kept forcing me to use my right hand until eventually I wouldn't give in.

*This, by the way, is not based on data, but just my own observations on the subject.