Who's better?

Banned

Default Re: Reggie Miller VS Ray Allen

Jesus.

Ray Allen.

Banned

Reggie was more clutch but Ray was better at Reggie in every aspect of the game so my answer is Ray Allen here.

Reggie has been overrated recently due to the increase use of TS%. TS% doesn't tell the whole story though.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Who's better?
    Omg you've obviously never seen either play...atleast in their prime.

Ray is so much more than the average fan thinks he is. He's got elite level ball handling for the 2 guard spot, can create his own shot whenever he feels like it, and in the past could really throw it down as well.

But probably most posters never saw that side of Ray Allen, the guy on Seattle, the guy on Milwaukee.

Reggie is more clutch but his offense was so limited when compared to a guy like Ray

NBA Superstar

On a whim, I'd feel as though Ray Allen was the better player. Of course, it'd make sense to take a closer look though. I just tend to remember there being more aspects to Ray's game than to Reggie's.

Ray Allen better all around player but I'd pick Reggie if i was GM... without a doubt. Back in day Reggie,Gary Payton and Allen Iverson were only guys who had mentality to go toe to toe with Jordan.He so good at using screens even though everybody knows what's gonna happen noone could defend it.

Reggie carried Paces so many times against greater teams.He has many legendary games at playoffs.He proved himself over and over again against great players at toughest stages.His intangibles crushes Ray Allen's.

Allen was able to do things Reggie can't but Reggie was one of the deadliest player ever on court.I'm a bulls fan and those games against Reggie's Pacers in late 90's were all epic.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Omg you've obviously never seen either play...atleast in their prime.

Ray is so much more than the average fan thinks he is. He's got elite level ball handling for the 2 guard spot, can create his own shot whenever he feels like it, and in the past could really throw it down as well.

But probably most posters never saw that side of Ray Allen, the guy on Seattle, the guy on Milwaukee.

Reggie is more clutch but his offense was so limited when compared to a guy like Ray
    Imagine if Ray Allen wasn't traded after the Wolves drafted him.

Garnett and Ray Allen together would be multiple championships.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

ray allen

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Imagine if Ray Allen wasn't traded after the Wolves drafted him.

Garnett and Ray Allen together would be multiple championships.
    Those two definitely have some of the best winning mindsets in the game today, plus they're games definitely would have complemented each other. Prime KG in the post, gets doubled, kicks it out to Ray for an easy 3.

Marbury and KG looked real promising though. Steph used to be a baller man, a lot of people forget how skilled he was at one point, looked like a future hall of fame candidate sometimes. Too bad mentally he just wasn't mature, and didnt really grasp the team concept always.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Everyone here should agree on Ray Allen...

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Those two definitely have some of the best winning mindsets in the game today, plus they're games definitely would have complemented each other. Prime KG in the post, gets doubled, kicks it out to Ray for an easy 3.

Marbury and KG looked real promising though. Steph used to be a baller man, a lot of people forget how skilled he was at one point, looked like a future hall of fame candidate sometimes. Too bad mentally he just wasn't mature, and didnt really grasp the team concept always.
    Well that's the point. Ray was not a basketcase.

Ray Allen better all-around. Ray Allen probably had a better peak.

But Reggie was consistent and in the playoffs he showed he was much more than just a guy going around screens. Limited or not, he got it done.

It's just factually incorrect that he wasn't a great player. He wasn't just clutch, his volume of points was high and he had years where he was a huge scorer.

He played in a system. Maybe that worked better, as he was limited, but it shortchanged how good his numbers could have been. I think, from beginning to end, I probably take Reggie.

Reggie as a leader > Ray

But aside from that, I'll take Ray's all around game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Well that's the point. Ray was not a basketcase.
    Yeah but what im saying is at the time, you really can't blame Minny for doing that trade...it looked correct at the time. A dynamic probably future all-star pg to create easy opportunities for their blossoming big man.