Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Something regarding the ASG.

After the ASG, and after Howard's interview, and after the many threads of other stuff, I wanted to speak out about a man: Dwight Howard. This is kinda relevant after the silly interview at the ASG

I hate Dwight Howard. I, really, really hate Howard. This is because of a lot of reasons main reasons. One reason is the amount of over rating that goes with him. Another is that I blame him for the dunk contests going to shit. A third reason is because of the persona he has put on recently. An additional one that might be unjustified is he ruined Nash's last chance to win a ring

Reason One: The amount of undeserved praised he gets
    Seriously, why do people say stuff like "He was the third best player in 2009 and may have been for more years". No. No. No. Was he the best big man in the league? Yes, but let's be real here. There have not been a lot of great big men. The other so called "great centers" in the league from say 2008 to 2012? Al Horford, who plays an unnatural position (dude's a PF), Amar'e Stoudemire (his defense is one of the worst things to watch), and Yao Ming (the guy did not play very often). You did not have dominating or great bigs. In the 90s you had Hakeem and Shaq. In the 80s you had Kareem and Moses. Those men all had one point where they tore a league a new asshole. Dwight? No. He never did that. The only reason he got close to winning a ring is because those Orlando team was brilliantly built. A center who could defend and grab extra possessions and slight passing ability coupled with spot up shooters. It worked. It beat out LeBron. It beat out the Celts. Didn't beat the Lakers, but whatever. The reason Dwight looked so good is because that Orlando team was built and catered toward him. If they put Dwight on a team at that time, say the 2009 76ers (post-Iverson), Howard's inability to score and post up would have had many people criticize him. They didn't have to because he didn't need to score that much with Orlando.

Reason Two: The Goddamn Superman Dunk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7uOU3AHCrc
    HOW THE HELL DID THIS THING WIN THE DUNK CONTEST. SERIOUSLY HOW. It's tacky. It's boring. It's not jaw dropping. However, the prop made people think it's cool (take away that prop and you have a lousy dunk). Howard ended up winning. I hate it because it introduced the idea of props to the dunk contest. No longer will there be something like a windmill 360 a-la Carter, but you get stuff like Blake's kia jam to win the contest.

Reason Three: His Persona
    Dwightmare was the worst crime a player has ever committed to a team. As much as I hate the Decision, at the very least it was what? An hour? Dwightmare lasted for Goddamn months and it would not stop. All the coverage made me . Oh, and the way he's been behaving in LA is bad. Where's the competitive fire? Where's the sense of urgency? If you're injured fine but tell the team that and sit a couple of months. It'd be better to do that than act this way and put your body at further risk. Which leads me to my last reason.

Reason Four: Screwing Over Nash
    Now, I wanna get something straight. I hate the Lakers. I loathe the Lakers. The back-to-back championships were bad. Kobe is a great player and has earned respect, is a guy I still don't like all that much. I hated the Shaq-Kobe era. I hated Shaq's arrogance. 2002 still pisses me off. Watching them crash and burn like this feels so bizare after they essentially had decades of brilliance. However, enter Nash. One of the first basketball games I watched and can remember is Game 1 of the 2006 WCF. Dirk vs Nash. I loved Nash. I still do. I was sad when the Lakers beat him and the Suns in the 2010 WCF. I thought that was Nash's best chance at a ring. When the series was at 2-2 it seemed possible for them to go to the finals. Unfortunatly, the Lakers had me sad yet again. Then a long time after that, Nash is sent to the Lakers. I couldn't belive it. I was so conflicted. In the end, the Lakers seemed like such a power house at the off-season I thought, well maybe it wouldn't be too bad if the Lakers won this season. The guy who got me into Basketball could finish with a ring. But noooooooooooooooooo. Kobe has to play like a goddamn ballhog for half the season and Dwight has to be a melodramatic jerk and not play full effort. Even if they make the playoffs, I doubt Nash gets that championship. I sware to Christ, if Dwight had even one Goddamn post move, or any legitimate scoring ability, or SHOWED ANY GODDAMN EFFORT, then maybe, just maybe the Lakers'd be better and my hate would decrease. But no.

TL;DR; I Goddamn Hate Dwight Howard. Fraud of a big man
    Last edited by Freedom Kid7; 02-18-2013 at 01:40 AM.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Default Re: Something regarding the ASG.

lol

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He was probably the only one in the ASG who was completely undeserving of being there this year, Marc Gasol being snubbed for Dwight is a disgrace the way Howard has played this season and the little impact he has outside of uncontested dunks.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    lol, what was the reporter saying?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    After the ASG, and after Howard's speech,
    He gave a speech?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    lol, what was the reporter saying?
    Howard was interviewing and Blake was mocking him.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    He gave a speech?
    Interview moreso. Will edit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    This picture is a little funny to me. The way Blake follows Howard's whole laughing motion a split second after Howard. For some reason it seems a little odd. (Because before in my eyes Blake used to look kind of anti social and now he seems more comfortable, but this pictures makes me wonder if he's mimicking those around him to seem more natural.)

Edit: Read that Blake was mocking him.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96V8uMLJR3I
    Last edited by jstern; 02-18-2013 at 01:44 AM.

IMO, there's literally NO CHANCE of Dwight resigning with the Lakers.

Beyond that, if the rumours I'm hearing are true, they don't want him to.

Way overrated.

A slightly superior Tyson Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Way overrated.

A slightly superior Tyson Chandler.
    Not siding with Howard and I agree with him giving no effort but this statement is just wrong.

Replace Howard with Tyson in the 2009 Magic and they're nowhere near the finals.

Dwight Howard when asked if Lakers will make playoffs:

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Not siding with Howard and I agree with him giving no effort but this statement is just wrong.

Replace Howard with Tyson in the 2009 Magic and they're nowhere near the finals.
    definitely, but replace howard with chandler this year on the lakers???

ok maybe a few games better, not that much

ANother person who never watched Orlando during these past few seasons. *sigh