Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe: Melo harder to defend than Lebron.

pauk
    What do head to head regular season numbers have to do with who is harder to defend? None of those guys are assigned to each other much anyway, so this is just based on their few in game match ups and more likely the team USA practices.

hilarious seeing all the bron fans get all worked up, pauk with the stat screenshot

lmao kobe is insecure as hell

he barely defends either

Very good NBA starter

This thread shows the posters that actually have a brain(hint its not the ones getting worked up over someones opinion). I trust Kobe's opinion over anyone on a message board the man has eat, slept and lived basketball the majority of his life. Funny thing is that he didn't even bring up Lebron yet his stans always get in a fury if someone doesn't think Lebron is the MVP, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year, father of the year whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    This thread shows the posters that actually have a brain(hint its not the ones getting worked up over someones opinion). I trust Kobe's opinion over anyone on a message board the man has eat, slept and lived basketball the majority of his life. Funny thing is that he didn't even bring up Lebron yet his stans always get in a fury if someone doesn't think Lebron is the MVP, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year, father of the year whatever.
    This is pretty much it. If Kobe himself is saying Melo is a tougher cover for him, who are any of us to say otherwise?!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    lmao kobe is insecure as hell

he barely defends either
    this. and never really has.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    This is pretty much it. If Kobe himself is saying Melo is a tougher cover for him, who are any of us to say otherwise?!
    he doesnt defend lebron and melo and really never has in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Kobe guard Melo for the whole 6 games of the 2009 WCF.

He never said anything about guarding LBJ, SAS asked that.

He mention Melo and Pierce, both players that he guard during 3 huge series in the Lakers 3 finals.

Local High School Star

Kobe rarely guards melo or lebron because they play different positions. The only time I remember kobe guarding melo is a couple of games of the 2009 WCF. And I remember kobe doing a decent job on melo. Lebron defends kobe really well more often than not, because he's bigger faster and stronger.

But melo gives lebron fits. They actually play the same position and actually have gone head to head most of their career, especially when lebron was a cav and melo a nugget.

Lately though, spo will put Battier on Melo a lot to allow Lebron to save energy and stay out of foul trouble.

LBJ stans going ham in this thread....relax guys...its not an insult to your god.

If the man thinks Melo is harder to defend in the halfcourt than Lebron (which I agree), who am I to say no when he's the one who's played against them?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    He's defended both on occasions, and he's stated who he thinks is the tougher cover. We really gonna argue about the man's own words?

I miss all open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    Kobe rarely guards melo or lebron because they play different positions. The only time I remember kobe guarding melo is a couple of games of the 2009 WCF. And I remember kobe doing a decent job on melo. Lebron defends kobe really well more often than not, because he's bigger faster and stronger.

But melo gives lebron fits. They actually play the same position and actually have gone head to head most of their career, especially when lebron was a cav and melo a nugget.

Lately though, spo will put Battier on Melo a lot to allow Lebron to save energy and stay out of foul trouble.
    Actually, Melo shot in the 30's, percentage-wise when guarded by lebron in the playoffs last year. He had a much easier time with Battier guarding him.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    What do head to head regular season numbers have to do with who is harder to defend? None of those guys are assigned to each other much anyway, so this is just based on their few in game match ups and more likely the team USA practices.
    Exactly.

How hard someone is to defend for an individual is subjective and therefore can not be quantified

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RJChPD
    Actually, Melo shot in the 30's, percentage-wise when guarded by lebron in the playoffs last year. He had a much easier time with Battier guarding him.
    That makes sense and I'm not surprised. My point was since they have Battier now, Lebron doesn't have to guard Melo the whole game anymore which allows him to save a little more energy.