Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Top 3 Power Forwards of All-Time

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I do, but the second greatest PF ever? Dude has really know personal accolades. He has like 6 All-Star games, 1 All-NBA Team (just one) and a bunch of All-D Teams. Is there any other player considered the 2nd best at their position with 1 All-NBA Team?

In his prime, he was gettin beaten out by guys like Nique Wilkins, Bernard King, Alex English, Tom Chambers and young Barkley and Malone.
    Look at all the rings in that group. Oh wait.

One on one defense should not be your only consideration (it certainly doesn't help Barkley). It's the same reason KG is great. His contributions to overall team defense were invaluable.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

I'm fine with any list put up here as long as Dirk is above KG.

Both played in the same era and if you don't see that Dirk has been clearly above KG season after season then you are stupid and eff your list and you.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

What more must Dirk do?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanW
    Look at all the rings in that group. Oh wait.

One on one defense should not be your only consideration (it certainly doesn't help Barkley). It's the same reason KG is great. His contributions to overall team defense were invaluable.
    Rings aside, if he was so great (which I'm not saying he isn't just not top 2 great) than where are his All-NBA Team selections at? Hell, Robert Parish has two All-NBA selections.

KG has like 10+ All-NBA Teams.

I would take Dirk over malone...and charles

and I am in my 30s, I am fully aware of what both of those guys did...how they played

Dirk is just a one of a kind...there has never been anything like him

I wouldn't rank him over Tim...no way...that might be about it for me though

Take off Kobe, and you have the four best.

Holy crap, I saw these in pictures, but never did I see these piece of sh1t shoes on Kobe....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    I would take Dirk over malone...and charles

and I am in my 30s, I am fully aware of what both of those guys did...how they played

Dirk is just a one of a kind...there has never been anything like him

I wouldn't rank him over Tim...no way...that might be about it for me though
    After this year, its has officially become debatable between KG/Malone/Barkley vs Dirk. I still will have all of those guys over Dirk just because I think they had better peaks.....but Dirk has officially entered that conversation.

If Dirk continues to play great for a few more years, he will probably surpass them all though.

Rings aside, if he was so great (which I'm not saying he isn't just not top 2 great) than where are his All-NBA Team selections at? Hell, Robert Parish has two All-NBA selections.

KG has like 10+ All-NBA Teams.
    I'm not disputing that. But the fact that McHale has been described by many of his NBA peers that played against him that, at his prime, he was simply unguardable. I personally put stock into that. It's significant, without question.

Also, he was putting up MVP numbers in '87 before he broke his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    After this year, its has officially become debatable between KG/Malone/Barkley vs Dirk. I still will have all of those guys over Dirk just because I think they had better peaks.....but Dirk has officially entered that conversation.

If Dirk continues to play great for a few more years, he will probably surpass them all though.
    I think Dirk has always been better than KG...I don't care what KG's numbers say...Dirk is a better team leader...he wins...yeah KG had scrubs in Minny, but I would bet anything that had Dirk been on the T-Wolves those years that they would have won more than they did with KG...

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Prime Barkley > Any other PF

Duncan
    Barkley
    Malone

Quote Originally Posted by EvanW
    I'm not disputing that. But the fact that McHale has been described by many of his NBA peers that played against him that, at his prime, he was simply unguardable. I personally put stock into that. It's significant, without question.

Also, he was putting up MVP numbers in '87 before he broke his foot.
    They've said the same about Bernard King.Wilt said Sam Jones was the greatest player ever in 1962. Hell, Bird said Dennis Johnson is the greatest player he's ever played with. I don't see him in anyone's top 2 list, let alone top 10.

Barkley has said many times that McHale is the hardest person he's ever had to guard.

Peers boost peers up, it's a respect thing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think Dirk has always been better than KG...I don't care what KG's numbers say...Dirk is a better team leader...he wins...yeah KG had scrubs in Minny, but I would bet anything that had Dirk been on the T-Wolves those years that they would have won more than they did with KG...
    I hear you.

I just think KG is a little better overall and had a slightly bigger impact because of his defense.

But its debatable. Like I said, Dirk has officially moved into that Malone/KG/Barkley tier as a player.

I think it's safe to say with Dirk in Minny you would have seen 11 50 win seasons and his team advancing past the first round. More than KG can say.

But KG yells into the camera a lot and makes comments about AK47s and screams and flexes and says that basketball is like war. So that must put him over the top as tougher than Dirk. /raaaawwwwrrrrrr /flex /poseforcamera /lookhard

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

It goes:

Duncan
    Garnett
    Barkley
    Malone
    Dirk (iffy, can switch w/McHale or Petitt)

Duncan and Garnett are top 2 because in their peak they were great on both ends of the court. Duncan and Garnett are easily peak defenders, and anchors to their team (Garnett, DPOY and anchor to one of the greatest teams in 2008, how amazing is that?); both delivered on the offensive end tho Duncan was a flat-out better scorer than KG.

I would be sorely tempted to put Dirk above Malone/Barkley if he wins the championship, but I think Malone will suffice since Barkley's peak from 88-93/94 was just outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
    It goes:

Duncan
    Garnett
    Barkley
    Malone
    Dirk (iffy, can switch w/McHale or Petitt)

Duncan and Garnett are top 2 because in their peak they were great on both ends of the court. Duncan and Garnett are easily peak defenders, and anchors to their team (Garnett, DPOY and anchor to one of the greatest teams in 2008, how amazing is that?); both delivered on the offensive end tho Duncan was a flat-out better scorer than KG.

I would be sorely tempted to put Dirk above Malone/Barkley if he wins the championship, but I think Malone will suffice since Barkley's peak from 88-93/94 was just outstanding.

No reason to rank KG that high unless you fall for him screaming at the camera in a Celtics uniform and thumping his chest. If you fell for that act then I just feel sorry for you.