Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default If George Mikan and Jerry West played in today's game, how good would they be?

Would they...

A) Be better (be mentioned with Jordan/Wilt/Bird/Shaq)
    B) Be the same (superstars)
    C) Suck (rot on the bench for the OKC Thunder)

Your thoughts.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: If George Mikan and Jerry West played in today's game, how good would they be?

I think West was skilled enough to hang, but Mikan would get abused. He would simply not be athletic enough to hang, IMO.

Banned

Default Re: If George Mikan and Jerry West played in today's game, how good would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by QuestFor17
    I think West was skilled enough to hang, but Mikan would get abused. He would simply not be athletic enough to hang, IMO.
    I agree with Mikan. I also think West would be as good as Luke Ridnour in his prime (and only if surrounded by great teammates, similar to what I like to call the "Rajon Rondo" effect). But if he was asked to lead a team on his own, I think he'd be really, really bad.

There's some ambiguity here. Do you mean if they were literally time warped here in their primes, or if they developed in today's climate with the advancement of the game? If you mean the former, then I think Mikan wouldn't be much better than a Jeff Foster, but West, I think, would be a good player. If you mean the latter scenario, then both have a good shot at becoming all star caliber players.
    Last edited by Showtime; 12-16-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Banned

GTFO of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff #1
    GTFO of here.
    You don't think if Mikan was developed in today's NBA climate that he couldn't be as good as Kevin Love or Tyler Hansbrough coming in? Brad freaking Miller was an all star. I don't think it's a stretch to say Mikan could have a good shot at being one too.

shhhhhhh

is this BULLS new screen name? lol

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You don't think if Mikan was developed in today's NBA climate that he couldn't be as good as Kevin Love or Tyler Hansbrough coming in? Brad freaking Miller was an all star. I don't think it's a stretch to say Mikan could have a good shot at being one too.
    Hell no.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

West was 6'5 SG, with solid athletcism, and huge wingspan...add in his phenominal shooting ability, tenacious D, clutchness, and court awareness. I'm sure he'd excel in todays game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    People please, just ignore this guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    West was 6'5 SG, with solid athletcism, and huge wingspan...add in his phenominal shooting ability, tenacious D, clutchness, and court awareness. I'm sure he'd excel in todays game.
    West was 6'1" in shoes with a slow first step, terrible vertical, poor ball-handling skills and the mental toughness of a third grade female. He would be Luke Ridnour at his absolute best.

Banned

Alright people, that's enough. Time to stop denying the facts and realize that Jerry West and George Mikan would be nothing more than ass-scratching, ear-picking bums warming the very END of the OKC Thunder bench if they played today.

West was 6'1" in shoes with a slow first step, terrible vertical, poor ball-handling skills and the mental toughness of a third grade female. He would be Luke Ridnour at his absolute best.
    OK, whatever, BULLS/3323/Legends/G I N T/whatever else.

College superstar

What if Larry Bird played today? Do you think he would be better than Hedo Turkoglu or...?

Imagine if Manu had a Reggie Miller mid-range shot, was First Team All D and led the league in steals, blocks (for a guard), FTA, drove relentlessly, and could pass. Do you think a player like that would be good?

Did you ever see the 1972 All Star game?

Or the '69 Finals?

This guy is a robot.

Archibald said West played him the toughest...and West was old by then...
    Last edited by stephanieg; 12-16-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff #1
    Alright people, that's enough. Time to stop denying the facts and realize that Jerry West and George Mikan would be nothing more than ass-scratching, ear-picking bums warming the very END of the OKC Thunder bench if they played today.
    Grow up kid. Maybe make some friends so you don't spend you days forcing out the same repetitive schtick.