Default Fab Melo keeps getting assigned to D-League

Fresh off scoring his first career NBA basket, Boston Celtics rookie Fab Melo has been reassigned to the Maine Red Claws of the D-League.

Melo, originally recalled due to a quad injury, stuck with the team after fellow rookie Jared Sullinger was lost for the season due to a back injury. Melo appeared in two games, logging a total of eight minutes against the Magic and Lakers. His first career field goal and block came in Thursday's lopsided win over the Lakers.

-- ESPN Boston

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Fab Melo keeps getting assigned to D-League

Ok Fab Mello is a project. I'm making this response 20july2013. Fab Mello needs to go back down to The D-League but with a for or pro center who can work with him one on one with conditioning ,post moves ,defense etc. The Celtics got to remember that Fab Mello did not grow up with 15 years of sand lot basketball and 15 years of NBA TV ! come on develope this Big NBA Body the right way just don't throw him back to the D-League and let him sink or swim on his own! I see more permission in Fab Melo than Coltin Iverson! Bring Fab Melo out. when Fab Melo ducks he's the biggest center in the Boston Celtic organization.Do it right and give him 3 years. John Havelichek sat on the bench for 4 years!

Saw a basketball once

Fab Melo also has to develope a hook and a jump hook shot...
    Fab Melo also have to learn how to up fake when he has a defender on
    him, these things are instinctual with kids who was brought up in basketball cultures. What intrigues me about Fab Melo is his size..,he's a big wide body,that type of NBA body is at a premium. Kendrick Perkins did not have as much God give attributes as Fab Melo but the Celtics was patient with Perkins, Perkins couldnot even run the floor but Fab Melo can. Plus Fab Melo isn't clumsy he's just new to the game give him a break...

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by hj01850
    Ok Fab Mello is a project. I'm making this response 20july2013. Fab Mello needs to go back down to The D-League but with a for or pro center who can work with him one on one with conditioning ,post moves ,defense etc. The Celtics got to remember that Fab Mello did not grow up with 15 years of sand lot basketball and 15 years of NBA TV ! come on develope this Big NBA Body the right way just don't throw him back to the D-League and let him sink or swim on his own! I see more permission in Fab Melo than Coltin Iverson! Bring Fab Melo out. when Fab Melo ducks he's the biggest center in the Boston Celtic organization.Do it right and give him 3 years. John Havelichek sat on the bench for 4 years!
    Fab Melo needs to develope a hook shot and that will give him time to get comfortable with the game. Fans would see immediate improvement and contributions.