Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jerry Sloan steps down, leaves Utah Jazz! Era is over!

Jon Barry is saying he feels Sloan made an unselfish move by leaving because had he stayed? He knew D-Will would have left Utah. So by him leaving he did Utah a favor not having to worry about that problem.

I disagree with his opinion because D-Will can decided to leave Utah anyway. Just because Sloan left doesnt mean he will now remain a Jazz for more years to come.

Pretty crazy that Sloan is leaving 23yrs on the table because of 1 player. It has to be more than just D-Will. Just has too.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Remember him whining because his buddy got traded? That's what two steps from LeBron? Plus he got his coach canned, not unlike what LeBronze tried to do with Spo earlier this year.
    James did it in the ultimate d0uchbaggy way. He had his coach and GM fired and then left the team anyway. It will be hard to top that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Once again, he disrespected the guy by not running the play that was called. How do you jive that with your idea that this is Sloan's fault because he is old? What possible excuse does Williams have for disregarding his coach in such a blatant and open way?

Obviously, that is just one of many incidents, but isn't that really a message to the whole team that Williams has no respect for his coach? And, how can a coach demand respect from his team after an incident like that?
    I've been under a rock, when did this happen?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    LHM never paid luxury tax. He couldn't have been any cheaper.
    No one said Miller was James Dolan. I just read that Sloan was upset about letting Boozer and Matthews walk and that the new guy (Miller's son right?) won't open the pocketbook even as much as LM did.

And yes, he could've been cheaper.

James did it in the ultimate d0uchbaggy way. He had his coach and GM fired and then left the team anyway. It will be hard to top that one.
    True, and he devastated not only a fanbase, but an entire community. I don't think ANYONE can ever top that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Didn't they pay it last year? And they'll probably be paying for it this year too.
    Yes. LHM didn't pay it though.

WHAT THE HELL!?!?

Wow, I can't believe this. Jerry Sloan finally hanging it up in Utah. Who ever would have thought that after two decades and a half of coaching, he would leave the Jazz in the middle of the freaking Season. That's crazy.

Deron Williams is definitely out now.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I've been under a rock, when did this happen?
    quick and dirty

last night big blow up between williams and sloan at half time, carried over to after the game sloan has stepped down along with his long time assistant johnson

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Sloan to resign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    tribjazz Brian T. Smith
    To be clear: Issues with Sloan weren't just with Williams. Multiple key players have been frustrated with Sloan.
    That is pretty transparent to anyone that follows the Jazz. I didn't realize it was this bad. I was ready for SLoan to go but you don't let it happen like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    VERY VERY few of the AAU athletes are even likable. It's all part of the God complex they get from being good at basketball in high school. The success gets to their head, they love having the attention/world revolving around them./one too many basketball documentaries.

And I agree LeBron is one thing. Amare alright he had a reason. Deron? WTF! Melo's being at least an open douchebag about this.
    Melo hasn't done squat. All he did was refuse the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Jon Barry is saying he feels Sloan made an unselfish move by leaving because had he stayed? He knew D-Will would have left Utah. So by him leaving he did Utah a favor not having to worry about that problem.

I disagree with his opinion because D-Will can decided to leave Utah anyway. Just because Sloan left doesnt mean he will now remain a Jazz for more years to come.

Pretty crazy that Sloan is leaving 23yrs on the table because of 1 player. It has to be more than just D-Will. Just has too.
    Why does it have to be more than Williams? With the way superstars are coddled these days, this is absolutely not surprising. Franchises -- especially in smaller markets -- are so afraid that their superstar players are going to bolt in free agency, they allow these guys to completely run the show and make the calls.

The NBA is not the league that I once loved.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

And yes, he could've been cheaper.
    Not much. The NBA has a minimum that you have to spend and I think that was basically the Utah Jazz rule.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Melo hasn't done squat. All he did was refuse the extension.
    And basically tell everyone he's not signing with anyone else but New York. Which is the polite douchebag way. at least he's being honest and not leading anyone on.

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Once again, he disrespected the guy by not running the play that was called. How do you jive that with your idea that this is Sloan's fault because he is old? What possible excuse does Williams have for disregarding his coach in such a blatant and open way?

Obviously, that is just one of many incidents, but isn't that really a message to the whole team that Williams has no respect for his coach? And, how can a coach demand respect from his team after an incident like that?
    All I've read about him not running a play was the one before halftime. That is disrespectful, but that can't be what completely made Sloan quit.

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Sloan to resign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    That is pretty transparent to anyone that follows the Jazz. I didn't realize it was this bad. I was ready for SLoan to go but you don't let it happen like this.
    It is difficult to maintain a level of respect from a team when the supposed leader basically tells him to eat sh!t in front of the world.