Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I could never get into the first Bioshock. I tried, but it just didn't interest me. I might have to check this third one out. All the great reviews have me interested.
    You will like this one better.

The first Bioshock was great but the closed environment, and close quarters, mixed with some mechanics that weren't as good as other FPS of the time and it sometimes was hard to get into. I love it but I myself found myself playing it in shorter increments than other games that I had marathons with (Half-Life 2 for example).

Infinite is completely open, for the most part. And the FPS mechanics are a little better to handle. The vigors are also easier to handle (vigor wheel ftw) which leads to smoother, faster paced fighting. It's also prettier to look at so you will find yourself wandering around more than you did in the first game, which is saying a lot. I played for near two hours yesterday and I still haven't reached the girl because I was compelled to explore every nook and cranny of Columbia.

Finally all the game changes have made Bioshock Infinite easier. Now don't misunderstand me, it is not EASY, but the first Bioshock was hard. I am a really good at video games on average, I'm great at some. I breeze through most FPSs no problem but I found myself constantly dying in Bioshock. This slowed up the pacing. Infinite is still hard (turrets all over the place) but you have escape routes, you have cover, and you have better mechanics to fight back. No more meeting Big Daddy's in a tiny ass room.

The fights are EPIC too! Wave, after wave, after wave, and it really stretches you. In true Bioshock fasion visibility is a major issue in the game, they have replaced the sheer darkness of the original with other tricks, smoke, fire, etc. To sum up, this Bioshock is more fun than the original.

I really think you should pick this one up, even if you didn't like the original.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

^Thanks man. Nice review. I'm telling you....I'm really getting tempted. I'm gonna check out some video reviews.

will get to this game after school semester. still haven't finished borderlands 2 and witcher 2. im glad its fulfilling or even surpassing expectations.

will get to this game after this semester. still haven't finished borderlands 2 and witcher 2. im glad its fulfilling or even surpassing expectations.

First Songbird encounter is something that should be shown to any wannabe video game developer. As great a villain reveal in any medium.

Anybody else finish it yet? Ending was amazing, as was the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I haven't. I am naturally a wanderer in video games, and then I'm super encouraged to explore every inch that I have been playing regularly since I got it on the drop date but have only just now passed SPOILERS IN WHITE: [COLOR="White"]the part where you enter an alternite reality after finding Lin dead.[/COLOR]

It's so cool that the game can be explored the way it can. I'm interested to see the end though because I have heard that not everyone is on board with it.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I beat it.

My reaction to the ending:

Quote Originally Posted by Jall
    I beat it.

My reaction to the ending:

Pretty much this.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

What a great game that was. The detail in the opening sequences at the lighthouse and when you first reach Columbia are amazing. Then the "surreal" sequences closer to the end along with the ending were a trip.

I expect this kind of storytelling from well-written movies. It's rare to find it in a video game.

The ending was nice. I was wondering how they were going to tie everything together and they ended up doing that in a much smarter way than I ever imagined.

It's too bad Bioshock 2 got in the way, because this is the perfect sequel to Bioshock. Similar in many subtle ways, but never uninteresting because of it.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The more I think about Infinite, I think it's the best FPS experience I've had since Half Life 2. Everything Bioshock did well, Infinite had. But it also had the great personal story with Booker and Elizabeth and a better more open setting which opened up additional facets to combat (skylines). The storytelling was pretty much perfect.

Very well-written, great story... except for that the FPS play was just another "been there done that"... but its a good game overall

Prob. 1 hour away from beating this game.

The ONE gripe I have about this game, the single gripe! Is that Elizabeth's ability takes some tension out of the game. Idk how many of you are Best Friends Play fans like I am but that term they use "Boss Fountain" is taken to a little bit of an extreme because of the tears.

When I walk into a room and all of the sudden there are tons of tears giving me options, I know there's going to be a big fight. The fights are still hard as shit, and the AI builds tension by using their surroundings to get around you and stuff. A well trained eye could prob. guess anyway depending on the type of room you walk in BUT it's always fun not to be sure.

Which opponent do you guys have the most trouble with? My buddy was tellin me that he stuggles with the Patriots and I was like: "What? They're hella easy." I cannot figure out the Handyman! I die at least 3 times every time I face one. I haven't found a vigor/weapon combo that's effective, except for the whateverisinmyhand/runningtofindhealth.

I really like the world, feels kindof magical