Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: So how about Dwyane Wade for the month?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Just two months ago, Kobetards like that were saying Wade was done, Wade was garbage. Just one bad week of games and he was a scrub. LOL

Now they're saying he's a superstar, and the Heat are stacked.
    Wade is a superstar, the Heat are stacked.

Sometimes people forget because Wade had to sacrifice his personal game to help the team out following him playing his ass off and the Heat still losing to Dallas 2 seasons ago.

However Laker fans have a stacked team too, they just haven't been able to gel because there two best players hate each other because one is a five time champion and the other is a career whiner.

Banned

I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Getting ready for the finals

Quote Originally Posted by j wrong
    Seriously. It's not even worth trying to promote Wade any more. The sports media world made up their minds about what class of player he is long before the Decision. If his pre-LBJ career couldn't break him out of that perceptional box, nothing he does now ever will.

After he retires, I may write a book that attempts to set the record straight, but, for now, the hell with it. It's like pissing into the wind.
    lol, come on son.

Even your momma isn't going to read that "book". The perceptional box where you dwell is that of a self-important troll.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    lol, come on son.

Even your momma isn't going to read that "book". The perceptional box where you dwell is that of a self-important troll.
    Well, good thing this self-important troll gets paid to write for a living. It does make getting published easier. But, you're right about one thing-- it may not end up taking book form. A multi-media website would be the ideal medium. I had planned to launch it this offseason, but then between the elections and Sandy, I was too busy getting paid to write.

But, whatever comes out and whenever it comes out, I'll be sure to let you know, so you can come post about Kobe, mmkay?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Seriously. It's not even worth trying to promote Wade any more. The sports media world made up their minds about what class of player he is long before the Decision. If his pre-LBJ career couldn't break him out of that perceptional box, nothing he does now ever will.

After he retires, I may write a book that attempts to set the record straight, but, for now, the hell with it. It's like pissing into the wind.
    Not sure what you're trying to imply here, but he's definitely not in Lebron's class nor has his overall career been. He's had individual seasons here and there, but thats it.

Local High School Star

what the stats dont show is how he turns up the energy level in the 4th and does the heavy lifting. when he flips that switch, the whole team's switch is flipped.

I'm just pointing out their hypocrisy.
    Agenda driven idiots can be pointed out easily.

Some of the people on here you just can't take seriously. I was disappointed about Wade's start, but it would be foolish to ever consider the man "done", unless it was painfully obvious that he kept the stretch going on for months.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143

LeBron probably has the most stacked team in nba history..
    No doubt.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

YOLO. no one in history wins alone anyway, u can argue Dirk, but he's got a solid team as well. more over LeBron's not just riding his team, he's lifting them. I think LeBron made a great move. building his legacy achieving more rings, why do people keep bashing him, why do we want LeBron to waste his peak.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Not sure what you're trying to imply here, but he's definitely not in Lebron's class nor has his overall career been. He's had individual seasons here and there, but thats it.
    Career per 36:

James: 25 ppg, 6.6 rebs, 6.3 apg, 1.6 stls, 0.8 blks, 48.9%
    Wade: 24.2 ppg, 4.9 rebs, 5.9 apg, 1.7 stls, 1.0 blks, 48.8%

That's how far below LeBron's class he is. If both players played the same minutes, assuming all other variables are constant, James is good for an extra .8 ppg, 1.7 rpg (height), and .4 apg. He also provides .1 fewer spg and .2 fewer bpg, while shooting .001% better (FG% obviously is not applicable to per 36).

Now you might argue that there would be some attrition expected in Wade's rate of production if he had played the extra minutes. Fair point.

But, I'd say that's more than off-set by the fact that he has only played half as many years as the undisputed #1 option on his team and played through the equivalent of at least two full seasons while being injury-limited, wouldn't you?

And I won't even try to speculate on how different the "class system" among NBA superstars would look today if Wade hadn't been kept out of the Finals in 2005 by getting hurt while up 3-2 on Detroit or hadn't had the injury in 2007 when the Heat were in position to repeat (or perhaps three-peat if not for the misfortune in 2005?).

Thank you for illustrating why I face an obligation to publish something.
    Last edited by jrong; 02-27-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Well, good thing this self-important troll gets paid to write for a living. It does make getting published easier. But, you're right about one thing-- it may not end up taking book form. A multi-media website would be the ideal medium. I had planned to launch it this offseason, but then between the elections and Sandy, I was too busy getting paid to write.

But, whatever comes out and whenever it comes out, I'll be sure to let you know, so you can come post about Kobe, mmkay?
    lol

I don't care if you get paid for writing or slinging rocks, nobody's going to read that book. Thanks for the invite though because I'm dying to read some of your copy.

The multi-media website might not be such a great idea either if it relies on NBA owned content. I doubt they would give you their express written consent.

3-time NBA All-Star

Career per 36:

James: 25 ppg, 6.6 rebs, 6.3 apg, 1.6 stls, 0.8 blks, 48.9%
    Wade: 24.2 ppg, 4.9 rebs, 5.9 apg, 1.7 stls, 1.0 blks, 48.8%

That's how far below LeBron's class he is. If both players played the same minutes, assuming all other variables are constant, James is good for an extra .8 ppg, 1.7 rpg (height), and .4 apg. He also provides .1 fewer spg and .2 fewer bpg, while shooting .001% better (FG% obviously is not applicable to per 36).

Now you might point out that there would be some attrition expected in Wade's rate of production if he had played the same minutes. Fair point.

But, I'd say that's more than off-set by the fact that he has only played half as many years as the undisputed #1 option on his team and played through the equivalent of at least two full seasons while being injury-limited, wouldn't you?

Thank you for illustrating why I face an obligation to publish something.
    Ummm, they don't play the same amount of minutes though? We don't care about how much they produce per minute, we care about how much they actually produce. Throw in the fact that Lebron has basically played a full season every season of his career and is arguably the most durable player ever, while Wade has had multiple seasons where he's missed a significant amount of games and even that doesn't tell the whole story of his durability because he's played a ton of games handicapped with injuries. Lebron's been more consistent throughout his career, which is what per 36 stats usually hide. I would say out of their 10 seasons in the league, they've been in the same class for 4 of those seasons, which are 05, 06, 09, and 11. 07 is debateable depending on how much you weigh Wade's injury. In 08, 10, 12, 13, Lebron was clearly playing at a higher class then Wade, while Wade has never separated himself from Lebron like that. Don't get me wrong, Wade is absolutely an all-time great player and clearly one of the greatest players ever. But for his career, he's basically a much smaller, significantly less durable, with lesser passing skills version of Lebron. I wouldn't call that being in the same class.

I'll say 5(including '04).

04: Tie
    05: Wade
    06: Wade
    07: Lebron
    08: Lebron
    09: Lebron
    10: Lebron
    11: Wade
    12: Lebron
    13: Lebron
    Last edited by D-Wade316; 02-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Just two months ago, Kobetards like that were saying Wade was done, Wade was garbage. Just one bad week of games and he was a scrub. LOL

Now they're saying he's a superstar, and the Heat are stacked.
    That was actually Heat and Lebron fans.