Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Now that Kobe has decided to be a facilitator, is he better at it than Lebron James?

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Who was that big, 7'2 monster of a man that was playing along side Kobe, when he was going off?

Who were that pathetic bunch of scrubs that were playing along side LBJ, when he faced the Spurs?
    Again I love how all of a sudden LeBron's teammates in Cleveland have turned in to scrubs.

If we can only pull up the old posts from 07-10 and we can see how everybody loved talking about how that Cavs team was deep.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Now that Kobe has decided to be a facilitator, is he better at it than Lebron James?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No, comparing MJ to Magic is not a valid comparison it's a strawman argument to make my discussion topic look bad but it's a horrible analogy because MJ even in his stretch wasn't even reaching the same assist counts as Magic where as Kobe the past three games is averaging almost double the assists per game as Lebron - he's averaging THIRTEEN assists a game. Small window obviously, but it's the window I'm asking people to talk about - and people are getting offended. Maybe the window is too small for a valid discussion, but jesus people need to stop acting like it's offensive to bring such topics up.

OK, here is the Honest Answer. Kobe is a Good Passer and like most of the Greats has a good feel for the game. He has always been a Scorer and because of that almost pigeonholed himself as just that over the years. The Team Suffered because of it and he probably decided to try to take a Page out of Lebrons book knowing He has Talent around him that as being underused. The old adage if U cant beat em than join em. Now Defenses are So used to Kobe looking to shoot First they are Accustomed to playing him a certain way and there is always a 2nd and even 3rd Defender looking to close on him. Kobe is just making the SMART basketball play finding Wide open teammate who are finishing much Better since they now feel like they are being involved alot more. Now if this keeps Up Defenses will play Kobe different and he will have more one on one opportunities. At that point the Assists will be harder to get and he will probably go back to what he knows best which is shooting the basketball.

How is it worth discussing CavaliersFTW? The correct answer is no, these 3 games is a result of simply one extreme change of mindset (for Kobe its very extreme), its not like Kobes passing skills & vision all of the sudden catapulted... assists is not how you evaluate passing skills, vision or facilitating or whatever you want to call it... even in the assists category (or any category) Lebron is a much better passer... infact, the best non-PG facilitator i ever seen next to Larry Bird (excluding those first 3-4 years Magic played SG/SF)....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No, comparing MJ to Magic is not a valid comparison it's a strawman argument to make my discussion topic look bad but it's a horrible analogy because MJ even in his stretch wasn't even reaching the same assist counts as Magic where as Kobe the past three games is averaging almost double the assists per game as Lebron - he's averaging THIRTEEN assists a game. Small window obviously, but it's the window I'm asking people to talk about - and people are getting offended. Maybe the window is too small for a valid discussion, but jesus people need to stop acting like it's offensive to bring such topics up.
    Ok, here's a few small windows from the '09-'10 season alone (where Lebron averaged 8.6 APG, a # Kobe couldn't reach in his dreams):

(11/28/09-12/6/10): 12, 10, 11, 10
    Average of 10.75 APG

(1/27/10-2/2/10): 11, 13, 11, 15
    Average of 12.5 APG

(2/9/10-2/13/10): 11, 13, 15
    Average of 13 APG (*Scored 32 2x, 43/13Rbs/15 Asts trip
    double during stretch)

So the answer to the ridiculous question in the OP is a resounding NO. All people with basic sense already knew that though.

/Thread.

bahahaha lebron will never b goat

kobe was picked 13th out of draft 2-3yrs of career = bench player, and surpassed all expectations

lebron out of draft instantly = The Godly Cleveland Cavaliers Savior = meaning he runs the show. Failed to win a chip and left to join 2 allstars to and failed again his first year.

**** up stan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    pretty sure if lebron ever played with shaq and won 3 titles, he would have 0 finals mvps as well.

shaq dominated the east in the finals, mj couldn't have even stole finals MVPs from shaq.

i dont get how that is some sort of insult to kobe
    Then by your line of thinking. Kobe would have 0 rings by age 27, if he never played with Shaq. Goes both ways.

...im sure he would got even more assists during that span if he didnt average 31.7 ppg (and higher average than 8.6 for the entire season, highest by any non-PG in NBA history)....

If he wanted to. two more assist and he averages 7, were talking about Lebron here Not Magic

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    If he wanted to. two more assist and he averages 7, were talking about Lebron here Not Magic
    Only if he took down his FGA/PPG dramatically... he cant do that routinely while still dropping ~30 PPG for the entire season... for Lebron ~7 apg is a minimum no matter how many offensive possessions are "wasted" on scoring instead, he doesnt even try hard there... he could easily average 10 apg if he wanted to (or lead the league in PPG)... he just does whatever it takes for his team to win...
    Last edited by pauk; 01-30-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

...im sure he would got even more assists during that span if he didnt average 31.7 ppg (and higher average than 8.6 for the entire season, highest by any non-PG in NBA history)....
    But hes a stat patter, would rather let Wade & Bosh average 20 And 17 than to score less

Samurai Swoosh

Not yet, but I love Kobe stans praising how he's playing (as their winning) when just prior to that they said he was playing perfectly and didn't need to change his approach (selfish, losing, etc)

He needed to play like this all season given the components on the roster, the types of players and weapons he had at his disposal. If he played like this the whole season, the objective Kobe fans like myself, would be rewarded with actual MVP caliber play and a winning ball club.

He's not as great a facilitator as James, but Kobe's best seasons from a winning and team perspective, he wasn't trying to gun for a scoring title. 2001, and 2008 being the ideal way I think he should've played his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Only if he took down his FGA/PPG dramatically... he cant do that routinely while still dropping ~30 PPG...
    Is he not averaging 29/5/5? Has he not averaged 30 and 6 in the triangle?
    Last edited by G-Funk; 01-30-2013 at 05:59 PM.

As a Bulls fan. I should never ever be propping up LBJ like this, but the Kobe slurping has gotten to all time levels.

I give it up to you Heat fans. You guys have been surprisingly cordial lately.

I haven't seen a LBJ thread in weeks.
    Its not even bad considering the amount of hate he was getting before even when he was being really efficient. The Lebron dick riding has been way over the top this year people acting like he's a god with no flaws you can't say anything negative about him. Its a joke

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Ok, here's a few small windows from the '09-'10 season alone (where Lebron averaged 8.6 APG, a # Kobe couldn't reach in his dreams):

(11/28/09-12/6/10): 12, 10, 11, 10
    Average of 10.75 APG

(1/27/10-2/2/10): 11, 13, 11, 15
    Average of 12.5 APG

(2/9/10-2/13/10): 11, 13, 15
    Average of 13 APG (*Scored 32 2x, 43/13Rbs/15 Asts trip
    double during stretch)

So the answer to the ridiculous question in the OP is a resounding NO. All people with basic sense already knew that though.

/Thread.
    Kobe the past three games is averaging 13 assists a game, so this 3 game stretch peak at the moment is actually equal to Lebron's highest peak that season - this makes the comparison all the more worthy does it not? Kobe's 3 game stretch peak when he wants to be the facilitator is equal to Lebron during Lebron's best passing season? As a fan who "stans" neither one of these guys the comparison seems a lot more worthy to me than some of you guys are acting, some of you guys are acting like it's sacreligious to point this out. 39 assists in 3 games is damn impressive, Lebron in his best passing season only did it once. And you guys are straight up trying to belittle me for bringing it up as a discussion - just sayin

Very good NBA starter

If Kobe Bryant wanted to he could lead the league in assists, but that's not his job here.