Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Projecting Olympic Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    In all honesty, a full France isn't any better than Lithuania and certainly isn't as good as Greece, even with their key absences. They might be a bit better than Russia, but not by much.

Argentina is too old. I don't think anyone but American NBA fans thinks they will medal. Argentinians certainly don't. It's just that American NBA fans know absolutely nothing about international basketball, nothing about any players that are not in the NBA, and they totally overrate NBA players, etc.

People outside the USA generally know Argentina is too old. But I have to say that you are overrating France.

Not because you think they can get a bronze, because they can, but because you think they are clearly better than Greece, Russia, Lithuania, and that those teams don't really have a shot to medal. Honestly, I'm not even sure that France is even better than Macedonia.

But I will say this, France is not beating Greece in an elimination game. Not happening. Even if Greece's missing players still don't join the team, they are still beating France in an elimination game, if they meet again at that stage.

As for Spain being second, if Navarro still has foot problems, that won't happen.
    Lithuania never has a chance to medal according to everyone outside of Lithuania, year after year same predictions, but we havent fell lower than this in Ranking ever.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Lithuania never has a chance to medal according to everyone outside of Lithuania, year after year same predictions, but we havent fell lower than this in Ranking ever.
    No one cares aboute FIBA rankings . Italy isn't even in top 15 best national teams and look where are they ranked . It's not true that nobody gives Lithuenia a chance for a medal , I always consider them one of the favorites for one of the medals .

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    I didn't say Lithuania has no chance to medal.