Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Chris Paul out 8 weeks after Thumb Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    reports are that he'll be out for 8 weeks.

8 weeks from now = late october.

late october = most of training camp is over with
    Most being the operative word, he'll still be there for some of it. As long as he makes home opener, who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Most being the operative word, he'll still be there for some of it. As long as he makes home opener, who really cares?
    he'll be there for some of it is an ideal situation.

a lot of clippers fan cited that the lack of training camp last season is why cp3 didn't gel with griffin completely. now that they're going to miss the vast majority of another training camp, i wonder about the excuses....

again, this has nothing to do with cp3 as an individual . he should be able to keep up his cardio and even if he slips a bit, that won't hurt him in a big way just as last season showed. this is about a team chemistry issue, period...they need these training camps.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 08-22-2012 at 09:28 AM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

if he's out for 8 weeks that means he'll miss most of training camp, which is quite a problem in developing chemistry overall. this isn't like kyrie irving missing time (he'll be closer to recovery btw). irving is more an individual movement....sure, they want him to gain chemistry but i think most fans know what cp3 is capable of. it's overall chemistry they're looking for.
    Yeah, he will have to form chemistry with the new guys, but Griffin, Butler, and the other guys he's very familiar with now. He's played with Willie Green in the past. I guess he has to get familiar with Odom and Hill.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

he'll be there for some of it is an ideal situation.

a lot of clippers fan cited that the lack of training camp last season is why cp3 didn't gel with griffin completely. now that they're going to miss the vast majority of another training camp, i wonder about the excuses....

again, this has nothing to do with cp3 as an individual . he should be able to keep up his cardio and even if he slips a bit, that won't hurt him in a big way just as last season showed. this is about a team chemistry issue, period...they need these training camps.
    It's not rare for veterans to skip training camp. The reason it was a valid excuse last year was all the players were acquired right before the season started. If most of the guys go through it and CP3 is there doing all non contact drills major chemistry will still be established. Last year it was all new players. Griffin is already mostly recovered too so not worried about that as long as it doesn't keep happening. They DO need training camp and they are going to get it. Griffin's getting whole thing and CP3 will get evrrything besides a few 5 on 5's.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

reports are that he'll be out for 8 weeks.

8 weeks from now = late october and just in time for preseason games.

late october = most of training camp is over with.

8 weeks is also probably optimistic. i remember when he had the groin injury and was supposed to miss a game or two. it ended up being like seven.
    They held CP3 out longer to protect the team's superstar. Not because the injury was worse. I think 8 weeks is them protecting him and he will likely be back sooner.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

This is going to really end up hurting the Clippers imo