Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Barbosa to Pacers

nice move by the pacers

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline deal: Raptors trade Leandro Barbosa to Pacers

Lottery here we come

Dunking on everybody in the park hassano's Avatar

funny thing is id put money down on Barbosa being back in toronto by next season

College superstar

Nonsensical for the Pacers. Barbosa isn't going to contribute much if at all. They didn't give anything up but its still several M$$$ for not much if any lift.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Raptors are under the salary floor now? They didn't amnesty anyone right?

Banned

Barbosa is pretty much just like George Hill. I suppose Barbosa is an upgrade over AJ Price but I'm not sure how Barbosa has been ever since he left Phoenix. It's not a bad deal for Indiana since it was just a 2nd rounder for him. I don't think this puts them up for contention though.

Barbosa can still score. He can shoot, drive, has a floater, but that's about it. He is not a passer, his mindset is to score. He plays chancy defense; will go for the steals and surprise you with a block from time to time. Can still fill the 6th man role very nicely...

Nice move by the Pacers. They have several good pieces, but still no superstar or a closer.

First of all, his contract is expiring.

Second, this guy is great. He's a scorer, not a bad defender, decent enough passer. He can shoot and he gets to the rim. Like George Hill, a combo style player. He needed to be traded because Toronto isn't any good and he's too valuable a piece for good teams. And Indiana is way way way under the cap anyway.

AJ Price is now the 3rd guard off the bench. Maybe worth a trade from someone else.

Default Re: Barbosa to Pacers

my knicks might be screwed now :/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Nice move by the Pacers. They have several good pieces, but still no superstar or a closer.
    But still in position to acquire a big time player in the off-season. Great example of why you don't blow money just because you have it to blow.

Banned

Charlie Villanueva -> TJ Ford -> Jermaine O'neal -> Shawn Marion -> Hedo Turkoglu -> Leandro Barbosa -> Nothing

Learning to shoot layups

hopefully this means i don't have to watch Dahntay Jones play anymore

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Charlie Villanueva -> TJ Ford -> Jermaine O'neal -> Shawn Marion -> Hedo Turkoglu -> Leandro Barbosa -> Nothing

(Not that I think that whole progression of the trade means anything but I'll take any opportunity to rip into the man who has run the Raptors into the ground.)

I'm glad Barbosa is gone though. He's not a good player anymore but sometimes he scored the Raptors back into games which was frustrating when the team should be tanking. He had no future in Toronto and was a waste of space and shot attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

(Not that I think that whole progression of the trade means anything but I'll take any opportunity to rip into the man who has run the Raptors into the ground.)

I'm glad Barbosa is gone though. He's not a good player anymore but sometimes he scored the Raptors back into games which was frustrating when the team should be tanking. He had no future in Toronto and was a waste of space and shot attempts.
    This. While I don't particularly care much for this deal it was painful to see Barbosa there every night chucking us into the game, this move (while very little return) will help us tank even more for the lottery.