Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Off season moves

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Again, you are missing the point, they would still have to pay every penny of the $7.7 million. The intelligent thing to do would be to trade him, YES he is not only valuable as an expirer but also he is still a tough player and smart veteran.......why do you think Derek Fisher is still around after being washed up for 4 years. If we trade him we won't have to pay him anything....think about it.
    Minus the salary coming back, unless you think a side will give up a TPE or cap space for him?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    With the no hand check rule PLUS virtually most teams running the high pick and rolls, I strongly believe that it's almost impossible to shut down quick and prolific players. Parker, Lawson, Curry, Derron Williams, heck even Nate Robinson are simply dominating the games right now.
    You can still make it harder on them, plus we need a guy who is quick and could do the same. PG is the Lakers weakest position. Nash just wasn't what I expected. He doesn't have much left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Minus the salary coming back, unless you think a side will give up a TPE or cap space for him?
    Well, if you amnesty him you still have to pay him AND fill his spot with a useful player....so that will cost you more money right? Just a terrible move.

There are endless possibilities and lets say we can get a player or two who will be a better fit for this team.

I guarantee that a contender would love to have a tough veteran like Metta.

Well, if you amnesty him you still have to pay him AND fill his spot with a useful player....so that will cost you more money right? Just a terrible move.

There are endless possibilities and lets say we can get a player or two who will be a better fit for this team.

I guarantee that a contender would love to have a tough veteran like Metta.
    But is that worth 15.4 mil due to the lux? Or would just paying 7.7 to amnesty Artest a better move?

I personally think latter is the better way to go IF they are looking to get rid of Artest

NBA lottery pick

But is that worth 15.4 mil due to the lux? Or would just paying 7.7 to amnesty Artest a better move?

I personally think latter is the better way to go IF they are looking to get rid of Artest
    Who do you replace him with? You can't just go out and sign someone. It's not worth using the amnesty on someone not making over 10 million per season. I would highly doubt the Pistons would use it on Charlie V who makes about the same money and has put up worse numbers.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

it would cost lakers 7.7mil to amnesty him and 15.4 to keep him

if nobody wants his expirer its going to be tough pill to swallow
    & remember for MWP u r going to get sh!t back...nobody is going to give us anything valuable for him

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    it would cost lakers 7.7mil to amnesty him and 15.4 to keep him

if nobody wants his expirer its going to be tough pill to swallow
    & remember for MWP u r going to get sh!t back...nobody is going to give us anything valuable for him

We wouldn't have any problem trading him at all......if we could trade Luke Walton we can trade anyone......lol, and Luke still had 2 years left of crap play. Seriously if we want to trade him there will be a lot of takers.

NBA lottery pick

We wouldn't have any problem trading him at all......if we could trade Luke Walton we can trade anyone......lol, and Luke still had 2 years left of crap play. Seriously if we want to trade him there will be a lot of takers.
    The problem I see is the same problem that I've said for the last few years of the trade Artest rumors. I don't see how we could trade a SF and get another one who is better back in return. Ebanks isn't the answer at SF. He's terrible.

There's also a small part of me that thinks the Lakers kind of want all these expiring contracts so they can go out and make some big time moves with the 2014 free agents. Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Granger, Deng, or even Larry Sanders. Heck, they could try to get Gasol to resign for far less money. I don't really see a way to completely turn things around next year unless they can somehow trade for one of these expirers and hope to resign them like they did with Dwight. I see Kobe sticking around for a few more years. You know he really wants #6.

Learning to shoot layups

Is it possible for CP3 to move to LA with Dwight Howard?

To my earlier point about running a 2 bigs offense and how easy it is, look at Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
    It still pisses me off that we were dumb enough to put Marc in the trade for Pau instead of the Sue Yue who the Grizz wanted.
    I wanted Marc in the draft, this I posted on ISH before he was drafted, but then we blew it. He is the tougher Gasol, he got smashed in the mouth and laughed at it and kept banging last night, Pau would've cried and wimped out.

Right dd24 guys don't think about how to build a team, get rid of Metta and then what?

I do think Ebanks has the potential to be a very good player, the problem is that he has had 2 idiotic coaches in a row, coaches who don't know how to teach the game to a young player nor how to properly use their ability.
    Just look at 'Antoni and how he misplayed Pau and Dwight, had Metta jacking 3's.....seriously you can't blame the players for the actions of a clueless coach. Just look at Jordan Hill with 'Antoni in NY, Shannon Brown with Mike Brown in Cleveland. Bad coaches make young players look worse.
    Trust me, if you put Ebanks with the right coach and he will look very good.

Ebanks specialty is going to be defense.....is 'Antoni going to teach him anything or play a defensive guy? NO!!! In fact IF 'Antoni knew that Ebanks could hold Durant to 4 points and score 6 himself, he wouldn't play him, he only cares about offense and jacking up 3's.

NBA lottery pick

To my earlier point about running a 2 bigs offense and how easy it is, look at Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
    It still pisses me off that we were dumb enough to put Marc in the trade for Pau instead of the Sue Yue who the Grizz wanted.
    I wanted Marc in the draft, this I posted on ISH before he was drafted, but then we blew it. He is the tougher Gasol, he got smashed in the mouth and laughed at it and kept banging last night, Pau would've cried and wimped out.
    I've often thought this through the season too. Having two excellent bigs has worked well for Memphis. I'm sure Memphis would love a guard like Kobe to work with them too. It's all about strategy.

Ever since the Pau trade I've laughed at the Memphis fans who think they were ripped off. They got Marc Gasol who many think is the best C in the league right now. They also got the cap space to get Randolph. So really they got Marc Gasol & Zach Randolph for Pau Gasol. In the end, they got the better part of the trade. At the time it helped the Lakers more because it gave them the piece they needed to win championships. That trade was a win-win.

you forgot the main piece of that trade...we traded our 1st with Luke Walton.

now we have zero 1st rounders to trade....13/15/17 all are gone

NBA lottery pick

you forgot the main piece of that trade...we traded our 1st with Luke Walton.

now we have zero 1st rounders to trade....13/15/17 all are gone
    I think they knew they wouldn't be able to afford a first round pick though. A first rounder is a guaranteed contract. As much as all of us would love to add some youth through the draft it doesn't help out things financially. I'd much rather be paying proven athletes. No picks doesn't really upset me. The Lakers just need to make a trade to get some proven younger legs on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think they knew they wouldn't be able to afford a first round pick though. A first rounder is a guaranteed contract. As much as all of us would love to add some youth through the draft it doesn't help out things financially. I'd much rather be paying proven athletes. No picks doesn't really upset me. The Lakers just need to make a trade to get some proven younger legs on the team.
    but a rebuilding team like Cavs do and they need young unproven athletes cause they are rebuilding.

Thats why they took walton back...

if we are not dealing any picks...whats the point of other team trading for MWP???

we will be getting equally bad contracts...nobody is going to giving us young player for an expirer MWP

NBA lottery pick

but a rebuilding team like Cavs do and they need young unproven athletes cause they are rebuilding.

Thats why they took walton back...

if we are not dealing any picks...whats the point of other team trading for MWP???

we will be getting equally bad contracts...nobody is going to giving us young player for an expirer MWP
    That's what I've been saying. It makes no sense to trade Artest because we're not going to get a younger better SF in return.

I do really like what Cleveland did. They stockpiled picks and now have a solid core with Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Zeller. They'll highly likely add Otto Porter to that mix too. They turned things around pretty quick.