Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    I agree. This guy, Interminator, only good at calling people assclowns, for stating their opinion. I think he is going to be a bust, that is my opinion. I could say Interminator is an assclown, for stating otherwise.

Like I said, it's too early too tell, but, in my opinion, I would be surprised if Rubio will even be as good as JJ Reddick, in terms of offensive ability.

I'm mainly talking to the people who think he will be the next Steve Nash.

Right now... Brooks > Rubio
    That is a pointless comparison. It's like saying Shane Battier is nowhere near the offensive play JR Rider is...so Battier must be a bad player. Even Nash is pointless comparsion: Rubio is a defensive intangibles guy...just because he's white doesn't mean you can use other white players as a template for him. If you really have to at least use the someone kind of comparable like: John Stockton.
    Last edited by Valliant13; 05-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Most claim shooting is the weakest part of his game due to his set shot but in the European Leagues the PG isn't designated to really shoot at all, most of the time the PG will run the offense and if a shot is open he may or may not take it.
    Rubio going to be the poor mans Jason Kidd. That is my opinion, of course it could be wrong. Anyhow, it's too early to tell, so I can't say for 100% sure he will be a bust, but I think he will. I highly doubt he will have a good rookie season. We'll see.

Valliant13: You make some good points man.. but I just don't see Rubio being what people think he is going to be. You actually think he will be John Stockton like? Can you explain?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Was it rigged last year for the Knicks too?
    What does last year have to do with the Lottery?
    They still ended up getting Danilo who was considered a better fit for the Knicks even before the Draft and people knew of his relationship via his father with Mark Dantoni.

Did you expect New York to land a Chicago PG like Derrick Rose?

And isn't the Lottery in NYC? Of course they are going to have more reps. Other teams aren't going to pay to FLY out 10 reps to NYC (not in this economy).

Another classic Interminator thread.
    The Lottery is held in Seacaucus,New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I hear what you're saying, but you can't learn quickness. If you don't have it, you just don't have it. My suspicion, after watching him in the Olympics, is that he doesn't -- but time will tell.
    True, and there are legitimate questions about his lateral ability...but you can learn angles and court savvy that allow you to compensate on defense. Bruce Bowen was never a fantastic athlete, but his Court IQ, toughness, anticipation and will made him a fantastic defender.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    True, and there are legitimate questions about his lateral ability...but you can learn angles and court savvy that allow you to compensate on defense. Bruce Bowen was never a fantastic athlete, but his Court IQ, toughness, anticipation and will made him a fantastic defender.
    Valliant, how good you expect Rubio, to be, in the NBA, based on what you have seen.

Banned

Rubio going to be the poor mans Jason Kidd. That is my opinion, of course it could be wrong. Anyhow, it's too early to tell, so I can't say for 100% sure he will be a bust, but I think he will. I highly doubt he will have a good rookie season. We'll see.
    A poor mans Jason Kidd?

You do realize a poor mans prime Jason Kidd is basically a Rajon Rondo-like PG in terms of a PG having an exception ability to attack the basket,rebound,run a fastbreak,and play great defense.

If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since Kimbo sliced bread.
    Last edited by Interminator; 05-15-2009 at 01:47 PM.

If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Sliced bread is so overrated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    Rubio is coming straight out of high school. You can't call him a bust after a year.

Kobe Bryant averaged 7 points his rookie season out of high school.
    Rubio isn't coming out of HS hes coming out of the 2nd best basketball league behind the NBA, where he has played for 3 years.

The adjustment will not be due to playing against grown men, it will be adjusting to the NBA from the ACB.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Sliced bread is so overrated.

People once had to cut these things for a bread slice.

NBA lottery pick

A poor mans Jason Kidd?

You do realize a poor mans prime Jason Kidd is basically a Rajon Rondo-like PG in terms of a PG having an exception ability to attack the basket,rebound,run a fastbreak,and play great defense.

If Rubio is anywhere near as good as Rondo with the showmanship of Jason Williams, espescially in New York he will by hyped like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I wasn't talking about prime Jason kidd..

Like I said, I could be wrong.. but it's just my gut feeling he will bust.

If he turns out to be as good as Rondo, then I'll be the first one to give him some praise. However, I don't see him ever being an all time great point guard, like some people, on here claim.

Valliant, how good you expect Rubio, to be, in the NBA, based on what you have seen.
    You never really know until they play in the league, but if I had to guess:

Worst case: A PG version of Shane Battier.
    3rd offensive option on a good team: someone who takes good care of possesions, moved the ball well and makes clutch defensive plays.

Best Case: A less physical Gary Payton with better playmaking ability.

The kid has a court awareness and abilty to anticipate plays on both end that I have never seen in someone that young, and competitive will and toughness that you cannot teach. If he can get his strength and athleticism to even an average level (he has great height and length) he will be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Again, I hear you, but learning angles and court savvy won't cut it at the lead guard position. In the other three spots quickness on defense isn't so much of a factor, but lack of lateral movement means that just about any guard he faces is going to be able to get in the lane.

Look at the havoc that Aaron Brooks is causing because the Laker guards, most notably Fisher, can't keep him in front of them. My feeling is that Rubio is going to be shocked when he gets on the same court with the speed that he'll see on a nightly basis.

I'm not wishing him ill, just calling it the way I see it.

Banned

I wasn't talking about prime Jason kidd..
    Then why would you even make that comparison.

pfffft....Ricky Rubio will be a poor mans past his prime Gary Payton

Like I said, I could be wrong.. but it's just my gut feeling he will bust.

If he turns out to be as good as Rondo, then I'll be the first one to give him some praise. However, I don't see him ever being an all time great point guard, like some people, on here claim.
    You could be wrong, you wont be right though.

Nobody claims he will be an All Time Great before he steps on the court for the first time in the NBA, even some of the more knowledgable and respectable posters on this site thought Derrick Rose would be a bust.

You like a lot of people dont want to believe hype, thats your choice. But dont call a player you have never seen before a Bust just because you dont want to go along with the hype of other posters.

Ricky Rubio:

Best case: Michael Jordan

Worst case: Jerome James

My guess is he'll be somewhere in between those two.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Possibly.

Oklahoma City Thunder taking Blake Griffin at #2.

Sacramento Kings taking Brandon Jennings at #3.