Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Because not one person is arguing that they are better without him. That is why.

And, the Warriors pre-KD...there wasn't a gaping hole in the middle of the team like there is now without him. They had Barnes...and were always going to improve that spot.

It wasn't KD or nothing.

Your post is exactly what I'm talking about. A team going 29-1 without Durant and potentially making the finals...apparently doesn't matter. Like...what?

And we are supposed to give Durant a bunch of credit for winning titles on a team that is about as good as anyone else in the league without him? And already proved they could win a title and set the wins record with Harrison Barnes instead of him??????

I just...I can't believe that we have to explain this shit to people. Its all happened less than 5 years ago. It is happening right now...people need to stop pretending that Klay/Curry/Green/Iggy isn't probably the best top 4 in the league. Yes, they lack depth, but it is still an elite roster capable of beating any team...and they continue to prove it night in night out with KD.

Again...how are we having this debate when a team is ****ing 29-1 without KD? It is over for KD stans...they lost. Doesn't matter if the Blazers come back...etc. No team should be capable of losing their "best player" and going 29-1...and win big road playoff elimination games as well.

It was stupid and unfair when KD joined...and nothing has changed. Despite what he and his moronic fan base claim.
    Do the Warriors beat the bucks or raptors without KD? Yes or no? Are Steph, Klay, and Dray enough? Do they have anyone to make Kawhi or Giannis work defensively?

And what do you mean by "it doesn't matter if the Blazers come back"? You insinuating that if the Blazers beat the Warriors, it won't be because they didn't have KD?

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    I've never seen someone so consistently wrong always be so adamant on their own opinion lol.
    You're a dumb fa[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]got.

If you don't think the Warriors play more as a team and move the ball more without KD, you LITERALLY have not watched a SINGLE Warriors game. Not one. NOT ONE!!!

Not in anything other than a coma induced brain dead state, anyways.

Not a single ****ing game.

Peep how everyone is looking to discredit KD. It's fascinating. Make matters worse, it's the same people who were discrediting Curry for not winning FMVP. If the Warriors were sent home last series, believe me, there wouldnt be this weird coalition of LeBron and Curry stans joining forces to shit on KD.

I vividly remember them playing team ball and losing in dramatic fashion in 2016. No one was giving them credit for how well they "moved the ball" after that finals loss.

Now they finally get a go to player that can operate from the mid-post, see the court, go into a triple threat, absorb contract, and take what the defense gives him, but it's messed up because he "holds the ball" too much over the course of a game. Think about how stupid this shit sounds.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Peep how everyone is looking to discredit KD. It's fascinating. Make matters worse, it's the same people who were discrediting Curry for not winning FMVP. If the Warriors were sent home last series, believe me, there wouldnt be this weird coalition of LeBron and Curry stans joining forces to shit on KD.

I vividly remember them playing team ball and losing in dramatic fashion in 2016. No one was giving them credit for how well they "moved the ball" after that finals loss.

Now they finally get a go to player that can operate from the mid-post, see the court, go into a triple threat, absorb contract, and take what the defense gives him, but it's messed up because he "holds the ball" too much over the course of a game. Think about how stupid this shit sounds.
    They lost in 2016 because of Draymond's suspension. On top of losing a game, he then came back and played completely passively and shellshocked in game 6 offering virtually nothing other than a hot body on the court. He came back in game 7, but the entire team was shaken at that point.

You know it, and I know it.

The Cavs should have won in 2015, and the Warriors should have won in 2016.

Anyone paying attention and honest about it should be able to tell you this.

You're the type to knock LeBron for dominating the ball and then credit KD for doing it... even though LeBron looks to get people more involved than KD does. KD is primarily looking to score.

You're a hypocrite, you're ignorant, and you should never post again. Ever.

The Warriors won 73 games without him. If he's so incredibly amazing and lifts teams to such great heights, they should have won that many games again AT LEAST. They didn't. Because he's a ball stopper. A really great one. But he is a ball stopper.

As entertaining as it is to see GS "move the ball" the entire game, we've only seen it work toward a ring once against a banged up 2015 Western Conference playoffs and against a volume shooting LeBron

73 wins from " beautilful ball movement" but took the L. Turns out that having your barely-able dribbling PF whipping backdoor passes to Curry or Klay down the stretch of close, physical games in the finals isn't a recipe for success.

You know what has been? Kevin Durant.

Cant wait til the Warriors get rid of KD and plug in another guy like Barnes so that the defense can have ANOTHER player on the Warriors who they don't have to guard instead of just Draymond.

I'm sure Curry and Klay LOVE the idea of having more athletic defenders play free safety, roam the passing lanes to pick off passes, and grab and hold them in their baseline screens. With Klay and Curry being the only guys on the court who can shoot for the Warriors, I'm sure the league STILL hasn't caught up with how to guard them effectively over a course of 7 games.

Why can't we just go back to 2016 when all was well with the Warriors?

They REALLY convinced y'all that the 73-win season was a championship season. Lol

It's almost like Westbrook wasn't the only problem in Okc. I'm stunned.

Durant loves isoball to the detriment of his teammates. Always has.

I'm glad the Warriors front office isn't as stupid as some of the fans

They should just move Jerebko, Lee, or the other G-League guy to take KD's spot so they can have better ball movement in the future

This thread is gold.

Been saying since KD joined GS that they would likely win the championship without him. Now it's coming to fruition.

Warriors will be fine when Durant leaves. As long as they keep Klay, Curry and Green as a core that's still a three all-star core and they can add more substantial pieces than what they have now minus Cousins and Durant. Kerr has that team in the right mindset when they play. It also helps when you have the greatest shooter of all time along with a Top 3 shooter of all time when his career is done in Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50

OKC has done worse since Durant left though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50

Amen!!!!!

Realsst thing ill read all morning!

They'll need Durant if they want to win against Milwaukee.

I have Toronto beating them, but Milwaukee has enough talent and depth to stymie a Durant-less Warrior team.

At some point, their gutted bench will begin to show. And the Warrior starters will finally look wasted. That's when KD will be needed most.

KD gives GSW a reliable top scorer who diverts attention from Curry & Klay. That's why it's almost impossible to beat them in 7 games. They went 73 wins without him, now with him, they basically shut the door behind them and they will never lose until KD leave or someone gets injured.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Kobe fans sound so butt-hurt in this thread . Durant being the biggest poosy in sports history will forever hold a special place in their hearts because it assured the only thing they care about (LeBron losing). So they continue to pedal this fantasy where it was either KD or bust for GS after 2016. Rightttt . As if simply a small upgrade over Harrison Barnes wouldn't have done the trick. Or heck, a few bounces here and there and they would've even won in 2016. But it's not the big security blanket the presence of KD on a 73-win roster gives Kobe fans, so they'll continue to push this agenda of him being oh so necessary as opposed to the league-ruining overkill that it was.

Which makes GS' dominance without KD the last 3 seasons + the continued mockery of his worthless rings so enjoyable. And that's what infuriates Kobe fans. They want the world to believe KD's presence was a major necessity for GS to triumph over LeBron the last 2 Finals (you know, when GS annihilated Cleveland). I bet they root against GS like no tomorrow when KD's out.