Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Noone has answered my question.

What players have gone on to ring chase signing for cheap in the Kobe era? Since apparantly it happens to all the top teams who signed with them? We all know who wanted to play with Shaq, but who wanted to play with Kobe?

Chris Paul didn't wanna play there, he got traded there just like any player worth a damn that LAs ever acquired.
    Antawn Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Troy Murphy, Joe Smith, Theo Ratliff off the top of my head. All within the last 3 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    I didn't say anything about free agents, I said what high profile teammates has Kobe beefed with. But now that you mention it the Lakers haven't been under the cap in how long. That means only minimum, rookie and MLE contracts can be signed. While its not impossible to sign good players to those contracts, who's going to sign for that?

Goudelock isn't coming back, Lakers FO didn't extend a QO to him. The reason why Hill is starting for the Lakers is because of A) the cap situation which is being fixed in the next 2 years and B) injuries and lack of depth. We'll see what happens in free agency in 2014 and 2015. Wasn't Joel Anthony starting for the Heat only 2 years ago?

Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe. He was angry when Stern vetoed the trade back in 2011. There's a big name
    The Heat are over the cap too, WAY over the Cap. That hasn't stopped them.

Noone is willing to take the same paycut to play with Kobe that they are with LeBron.

If your starting lineup that consists of Jordan Hill and Gouldelock isn't enough to convince you I don't know what is.

Banned

Antawn Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Troy Murphy, Joe Smith, Theo Ratliff off the top of my head. All within the last 3 years.
    None of those guys are getting anything above the minumum anywhere.

inb4 "2 words dumbass "

just saved you from more trolling
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps.
    O well i'll leave it like that. Let's see if he goes red herring or ad hominem on this one.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Noone has answered my question.

What players have gone on to ring chase signing for cheap in the Kobe era? Since apparantly it happens to all the top teams who signed with them? We all know who wanted to play with Shaq, but who wanted to play with Kobe?

Chris Paul didn't wanna play there, he got traded there just like any player worth a damn that LAs ever acquired.
    To reply you with names(which there are) would validate your point that people go to Miami because of Bron. That simply can't be further from the truth. It's Riley that gets the agents to bite into the program, to sign for less in return for an easy path to titles. He builds the culture and builds the charade.

When that distinction is made then you get the names. But as usual you have already trolled the weak minded.

Name me one player that wants to play for Bron, not Riley?

Ignore this and you're bitch made.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.

None of those guys are getting anything above the minumum anywhere.

I still answered the question, vets who are ring chasing. You didn't know Jamison is a former All-Star because he hasn't been since 2010. No-one else wanted Birdman or Haslem. You still haven't answered mine though. Aside from Shaq and Malone, who has Kobe had problems with?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    To reply you with names(which there are) would validate your point that people go to Miami because of Bron. That simply can't be further from the truth. It's Riley that gets the agents to bite into the program, to sign for less in return for an easy path to titles. He builds the culture and builds the charade.

When that distinction is made then you get the names. But as usual you have already trolled the weak minded.
    Miami wasn't getting veterans for cheap when they had just Wade and Riley in the late 00s.

When they had Shaq in the mid 00s and now LeBron in this era, thats when you get all the players willing to take paycuts to sign with your team.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Name me one player that wants to play for Bron, not Riley?
    Mo Williams. and that's just the troll answer.

the FAs really started rolling to Miami once Lebron got there. it was Lebron, not Riley that was the attraction. f you really doubt that, imagine Lebron leaving Miami. do you think FAs would continue to flck to Miami? or would they follow wherever Lebron is?
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 06-28-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Playing with Kobe isn't fun. He's a crybaby that doesn't want to do any of the gritty work and just wants to take all of the teams shots.

You know which players have attracted the most ring chasing veterans?

LeBron and Shaq. These guys are so dominant that they make the game easier for everyone else. All you have to worry about is making the open looks they create for you. Not to mention they create a fun atmosphere for the guys. When you come to their teams your being adopted into a family like environment.

Kobe isn't getting anyone open looks. He'll take contested shots, expect you to get the rebounds, and expect you to cover his man for him on the other end. Oh and he'll bitch at everyone too all game long and expect all of the glory when the team wins. Guy has had problems with almost every high profiled character hes ever played with except for Gasol + Nash who are two of the most humble guys in the NBA, dont care about anything except the good of the team.
    Everyone hates playing with guys like that but that is a common attitude found in prolific scorers (basketball-wise, the other stuff is his immense ego).

The ISH'ers Champion!

Miami wasn't getting veterans for cheap when they had just Wade and Riley in the late 00s.

When they had Shaq in the mid 00s and now LeBron in this era, thats when you get all the players willing to take paycuts to sign with your team.
    Nope.

In order for that to happen, the paycuts need to be taken by the stars first. It was Riley that also arranged that - not Bron. Collusion between superstars and BFF's aka Bron, Wade and Bosh do not in any way qualify - that's a decision, morally questionable to "Collude" which is in many sports, including the NBA to some extent, deplored and also reprimanded. That's not a winning culture, that's called an easy path to "success". Veterans and journeyman have been jumping ship for easy titles for decades -it ain't new. Taking pay cuts if necessary is part of it. Just because it hasn't been publicized as it has today (because of the travesty that the current Heat is) does not in any way mean it hasn't been done before - In LA with Kobe or elsewhere around the league.

It was Riley who arrenges everything and makes everything work. Just so happens Lebron/Wade and Bosh are the superstars. Could have been insert name here ________________________ .

That would be like saying every player in the league that's signed to a team is currently under the optimal contract available to him and if otherwise, would have signed elsewhere where the most money could be made. It can't be further from the truth.

Just go to bed. You know you're trolling, it's weak, and exposed.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.

As a Kobe hater, this thread is useless. The short clip posted was useless. Get something harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse

Kobe-stan is upset nobody wants to play with his god
    Absolutely im super mad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    is that the motto of your 3rd world country? the only garbage is you in this thread.

go *** yourself, you mom is probably in the usa sucking cocks for 5 $ while you post in your village waiting for her to deliver you some american shoes so you can play somekind of a sport other than jerking. hell probably sucked my **** if she was in vegas this year
    You got served already clown and you already got exposed as an ignorant retard. How's your anus is it still wet? Or do you need me to intervene?

If you were born in 88 and you react that immature and stupid, honestly i feel bad for you son. Grow the **** up.
    Last edited by fiddy; 06-28-2013 at 03:59 PM.

RG/TonyMontana is an attention seeking moron. Better to just not even respond to him.

Yes, I'm sure no one wants to play with a 5 time champion, 2 time FMVP and undoubtedly one of the 11 greatest players of all time.

All he's interested in is results. It says more about people that dislike playing with him (i.e. their mental weakness) than Kobe himself.

Kobe FGA/g 2011-12 - 23.0

Kobe FGA/g 2012-13 - 20.4

huh?
    You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and make it clear that he was the man of the team. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    omg Jstern just got ethered hard.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe started shooting a lot less.
    Last edited by jstern; 06-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.