Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Default Re: Why would LeBron want to join the Nets in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    What does he have more passion for though? The money that he'll probably get either way, in Cleveland or in New York? Or winning?
    You make the call

Title "Playing for Team USA has LeBron seeing green"

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14472045/

And before someone spouts off that I’m some kind of Lebron h@ter don’t bother I think he’s a phenomenal athlete

Default Re: Projecting LeBrons 2010 Destination.

i've said this 1,000 ****ing times but no one cares, its REALLY iffy that the nets are the BROOKLYN nets in 2010 unless someone does something, because they are still bs'ing, litigating, fighting over side issues, etc. There is not a shovel posied to break ground, and their really needs to be soon.

and if the nets are the NJ nets, then they are lebronless.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    You said
    What makes you think we wont? Yi has already showed he is great and then he hit his rookie wall which is usuall, it happened to Sean too. You werent shocked that Yao said Yi could one day be better than him?
    No... I wasn't surprised that he said that. They are probably friends and those are the type of things that friends say. Do I think that Yi will ever be as good as Yao? No f#cking way.

I understand the Cavs are a very good team... I never said they werent better than the Nets. What were the Cavs like top 4 in the East? if they were... If the Nets and Cavs both didnt have LeBron you know who the better team would be.....
    I disagree. The Cavs have a team that is extremely skilled defensively and they are probably the best rebounding team in the league. That is why they are successful in the playoffs. LeBron is a part of the reason that they are so good in those two areas, but not the only reason.

With or without LeBron, the Cavs are a much better defensive and rebounding team than the Nets... MUCH better. Those are the two things that win in the playoffs.

I'm not the only one predicting, I read you said that you could get Amare too... It's the same thing as me saying we could get LeBron. I am a happy fan just like you were when you said you could get Amare. Yoiu can desperately try to persuade me all you want. I know and known the whole time it is just a possibility. You arent going to upset me by saying my team look bad... and he isnt going if we dont construct a good team....You alone wont anyway maybe if everyone on ISH told me yeah but people are not agreeing like you and people are like Clipper fans lol...
    I made one statement about Amare and I was just half-joking with statman. You have created thread after thread pining for LeBron, have a LeBron/Nets avatar and signature... I'd say there is a little bit of a difference, there.

...and you saw how defensive statman got when I talked about Amare coming to Cleveland. He took the same kind of stance that I do when you constantly bring up LeBron going to the Nets. People generally don't like it when others devote their entire posting lives to stealing another team's best player.

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: Projecting LeBrons 2010 Destination.

Was there REALLY a need for yet another one of these threads?

Well really jus thave to see how the Nets/Cavs rosters lookin two years, then it will be easier to guess where he has a better shot of winning. Let's just wait

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    What does he have more passion for though? The money that he'll probably get either way, in Cleveland or in New York? Or winning?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    LeBron will be able to make more money with Jay Z and Yi in NYC.

Lebron has said he wants to be the richest, this is how he does it...
    thats the thing, he wont make the money either way. as overblown as he is in his marketing already, he is missing out on probably billions more he and his associates could make. as zhakidd points out, he has stated that he wants to make more than anyone else in the history of nba.

so as pointed out by many of you, it will come down to what is more important to the chosen false idol, money or winning (and even then, whose to say that cleveland will be better positioned to win than either NY team).

Serious playground baller

how about Boston?

Ray Allens deal is up, Rondo and Perkins extensions don't kick in till 2011 and Lebron can join Pierce and KG, assume the #1 option role and be part of a dynasty run for the great team in NBA history.

Rondo
    Pierce
    Lebron
    KG
    Perkins

with
    Pruitt
    Powe
    Bill Walker
    JR Giddens
    etc.

Its a rumor, but regardless, Celtics could be far enough under cap to offer a max or close to max deal. Boston was on that supposed list of cities to trigger his nike deal to escelate up which would make signing for MLE in a large market equal to staying in Cleveland at the Max.

Its not likely, but just throwing my 2 cents in. He would fit in well with the roster the Celtics will have, and without any albatross contracts, they could replace through free agency both KG and Pierce as they retire or take huge paycuts after a few years with King James, and continue winning.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
    Well really jus thave to see how the Nets/Cavs rosters lookin two years, then it will be easier to guess where he has a better shot of winning. Let's just wait
    exactly....people just dont understand how different a roster could change in two years. with all do respect to your team 2 years ago boston sucked and the heat were champs. now its the other way around, so b4 anyone says who's going where just wait and see how things turn out. PS-stop making so many threads about this just sticky one of them and talk about it all in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamRockStar
    Boston was on that supposed list of cities to trigger his nike deal to escelate up which would make signing for MLE in a large market equal to staying in Cleveland at the Max.
    The mythical escalator clause that doesn't actually exist, you mean?

Default Re: The Official Lebron James 2010 prediction thread

It's a slow time of the year in sports. I'm afraid that this sort of discussion will continue for the duration of the offseason, because there is little else to talk about. Every little LeBron gesture/phrase/article of clothing, etc will be analyzed to death.

"Look at LBJ, all decked out in Rocawear. Must mean he wants to play for Jay-Z and the Nets"

Default Re: The Official Lebron James 2010 prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    It's a slow time of the year in sports. I'm afraid that this sort of discussion will continue for the duration of the offseason, because there is little else to talk about. Every little LeBron gesture/phrase/article of clothing, etc will be analyzed to death.

"Look at LBJ, all decked out in Rocawear. Must mean he wants to play for Jay-Z and the Nets"
    Can you imagine how bad it will be NEXT offseason?

NBA lottery pick

Link
    Ha look who's in first!
    Just an FYI, you're going on my ignore list to save my sanity.

There are a LOT of posters on this board who think Lebron is going to Brooklyn, and that's ok. But none of them.... NONE of them, are as obnoxious as you are.

Mathius

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The mythical escalator clause that doesn't actually exist, you mean?
    I asked you this once before and you either ignored it or didn’t see it but would love to know the answer since you keep saying this same thing!!!

I’m just curious how you know that this rumored 100 million dollar incentive clause supposedly in his Nike contract that would reportedly pay him $100 million if he goes to a major market doesn’t exist? Not saying it dose but you seem to have some kind of certainty that the reports are BS. I’m not a Cav’s Knicks or Nets fan and I have no care one way or the other but really curious were you are getting such concrete information? Not sure if maybe Lebron or Nike denied it or something to that affect that makes you so sure it’s false because I know for dam sure that a company like Nike isn’t going to come out and admit something like that. It would be like telling the people of Ohio you’re not important enough to have a superstar wasting his time in your market and last I checked the people of Ohio buy shoes so yea Nike wouldn’t admit $hit.

If the rumors about the clause are true then really there is not much of a question on why he would leave to play for the Nets. You have his buddy Jay-Z as a part owner then Nike giving you $100 million which will help him get closer to his goal of being the 1st billionaire athlete those 2 reasons alone are great incentive for prying him away from Cleveland, however if the incentive rumors are just that rumors than I wouldn’t expect to see him bolt from his hometown team just because Jay-Z’s running part of the show.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=schyza]I asked you this once before and you either ignored it or didn

Quote Originally Posted by schyza
    I asked you this once before and you either ignored it or didn’t see it but would love to know the answer since you keep saying this same thing!!!
    Brian Windhorst of the Akron Beacon Journal is the closest journalist to LeBron James. During LeBron's last contract negotiation, he reported many, many times that there is no such clause in LeBron's Nike contract.

The quote that I have is from his blog. Unfortunately, I don't have a link because they don't keep two year old blogs at the Akron Beacon Journal website. But, he has said, in no uncertain terms, that the supposed Nike escalator in LeBron's contract is nonsense.

Here is what he wrote in his blog:

I've only written this about a dozen times, but here goes again: LeBron's Nike contract does not have location escalator clauses. He signed the deal for the maximum penny the night before the lottery, a lottery the Bulls, Knicks and Clippers were in. That was three years and three days ago and the deal has four more years to run. Some of his other deals do have such clauses, but even if those endorsement deals tripled they would not cover the difference in him signing with the Nets rather than the Cavs.
    I've posted about this at least 100x. It just doesn't seem to sink in with people. They want to believe the clause is there, so they continue on, repeating the same bullsh#t over and over.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-08-2008 at 01:25 AM.