Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Let's start with the predictions - FIRST 10 GAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I'm pretty sure the Spurs beat us convincingly last season. Something like 10-15 points difference.
    The thing I remember the most about that game is Amare's TERRIBLE defense. I know he's not a good defender but that night he looked extremely awful. Like two times worse than usual. Also Tyson was out.
    I remember Tony Parker owning Lin like there was no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I remember Tony Parker owning Lin like there was no tomorrow.
    This is what I remembered from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZqqYW9DQs

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    This is what I remembered from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZqqYW9DQs

I remember that too.
    He looked scared that Tony might find someone on his path to the basket, lol

"hey hey, everybody, let him pass"
    Last edited by Jasi; 11-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]one week only 2 games

Nov. 9 - vs Dallas
    Nov. 13 - @ Orlando

I didnt realize this big break there is no excuse for not even better the next 2 games. They better win.

Nov. 15 - @ San Antonio
    Nov. 16 - @ Memphis

This is the real test. Not only because its on the road but because these are 2 playoff bound teams. They cant lose both if they are going to be legit. 2 close loses doesnt cut it. If this team is real early win both. Wouldnt be mad over a split.

Nov. 18 - vs Indiana
    Nov. 20 - @ New Orleans
    Nov. 21 - @ Dallas

Indiana lost Granger for 3 months now. If Anthony Davis isnt there that team is awful. No Dirk. The Knicks are older so this traveling 6 games in a week is tough. I think Woodson will monitor minutes and should monitor the KRUST minutes during this stretch. 2-1 wouldnt be terrible and honestly I wouldnt kill them if they struggled to go 1-2.

7-3 would be awesome, 6-4 not bad.[/COLOR]

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]one week only 2 games

Nov. 9 - vs Dallas
    Nov. 13 - @ Orlando

I didnt realize this big break there is no excuse for not even better the next 2 games. They better win.

Nov. 15 - @ San Antonio
    Nov. 16 - @ Memphis

This is the real test. Not only because its on the road but because these are 2 playoff bound teams. They cant lose both if they are going to be legit. 2 close loses doesnt cut it. If this team is real early win both. Wouldnt be mad over a split.

Nov. 18 - vs Indiana
    Nov. 20 - @ New Orleans
    Nov. 21 - @ Dallas

Indiana lost Granger for 3 months now. If Anthony Davis isnt there that team is awful. No Dirk. The Knicks are older so this traveling 6 games in a week is tough. I think Woodson will monitor minutes and should monitor the KRUST minutes during this stretch. 2-1 wouldnt be terrible and honestly I wouldnt kill them if they struggled to go 1-2.

7-3 would be awesome, 6-4 not bad.[/COLOR]
    I don't think we match up well with Dallas. I expect us to lose at least one of those games.

We should spank Orlando. Big Baby has been playing very well but c'mon. That's a game we're supposed to win big.Emphasis on the "supposed to" part.

I expect us to lose to San Antonio. They're a veteran team that executes and they're playing at home.

Memphis home games are bananas. That one should be interesting. Melo stuck the dagger in them last time. I'm split about that one because Melo laid an egg last year vs Rudy plus their strength is their big man and we won't have Amare. Melo is good at PF but not against a traditional one like Z-Bo.

I think Indiana has one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I dont think the Granger injury hurts them that much. Gerald Green has been playing fairly well and they are finally starting to wisen up and play Lance Stephenson a little more. Who knows how long that'll last though. If he plays significant minutes at the backup PG, I think he's going to kill Prigioni That's a pickem game to me and a potential playoff matchup. I'm gonna go Knicks if you put a gun to my head.

New Orleans is a fiesty young team. Monty Williams is a terrific young coach. Greivas Vasquez is an underrated player. That being said, if we're a legit team, we're supposed to spank those young thundercats lol.

NBA rookie of the year

Marion is out for Dallas I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Marion is out for Dallas I think.
    O yea... forgot about that. Out 2-4 weeks.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Sorry I dont think NO is fiesty or talented. No Eric Gordon or Anthony Davis they will be lottery bound. If AD comes back it can be competitive for a couple of quarters. The back court is HORRENDOUS.

I can see the split with Dallas they have Wright and Crowder starting and they arent as experienced but talented. OJ Mayo is going nuts quietly thats going to be an issue for the Knicks.[/COLOR]

THE ONLY UNBEATEN TEAM IN THE LEAGUE - NEW YORK KNICKS

Hopefully I won't jinx them.

one game at a time

hope we get to see camby's debut

our defensive core keeps getting stronger

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    one game at a time

hope we get to see camby's debut

our defensive core keeps getting stronger
    Can't wait for Shump to return.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I think Camby should be back in time and Sheed should be in better shape to find out how good the post defense will be when we face the Spurs, Grizz and Pacerz.... Then we can see how good the low block defense is.

The most amazing thing I find is how this team is pentrating and dishing for open looks.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 11-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Sorry I dont think NO is fiesty or talented. No Eric Gordon or Anthony Davis they will be lottery bound. If AD comes back it can be competitive for a couple of quarters. The back court is HORRENDOUS.

I can see the split with Dallas they have Wright and Crowder starting and they arent as experienced but talented. OJ Mayo is going nuts quietly thats going to be an issue for the Knicks.[/COLOR]
    I think you missed the point where I was agreeing with you lol I said we should blow them out. They have talent but their players who would pose any threat are banged up and we are just a way better team than they are. No way we should lose that game...but then again, didn't they beat us last year with less talent?

As for OJ Mayo...Who said we should have traded for him when we had the chance....THIS GUY!

Can't wait for Shump to return.
    This. And I hope Woody puts him in the starting lineup once he's 100%. I don't wanna see no BS about starting Kidd still and making Shumpert into "a spark off the bench."

I just played with the Knicks against Mavs on NBA 2K13 and I won 96-80.

I hope the real outcome of the game will be something similar,at least it was in the first 3 games.

I think this might be the toughest test so far. Of course Miami is better than them but I'm really curious to see if we can maintain this level of play and for how long.
    We're the only unbeaten team in the league so everyone is going for our heads,they will play even harder against us.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

One thing i am enjoying early on in this season is the Knicks are not changing their gameplan just because the opponent is different.

Woodson has his guys he's rolling with early in the game, and a set way of how they are going to play.

No more adjusting to the opponent, they must adjust to us.

I also think the Knicks post their highest margin of victory tomorrow as well.