Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: And then Pippen did this...

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I was there for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas666
    There's truth in your words, Pippen wasnt the best shooter. His 3 point shot was not consistent enough, but he had a good mid range jumper along with plenty of finishing moves around the basket.

But stating he could not do anything of use without Jordan is just plain delusional, and shows extreme bias IMO.
    Well considering he didn't do much after Jordan retired shows some truth to my statement.

Pippen is just another Trevor Ariza lucky enough to play off of Jordan.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Well considering he didn't do much after Jordan retired shows some truth to my statement.

Honest question.

Are you a ****ing idiot?

I don't like this whole argument about how Pippen is not alpha enough to lead a team.

That's just an excuse for him not being good enough. He doesn't create shots well, can't run the offense like a true point guard, his post moves are questionable, and his spot up shots aren't worth a damn.

I would be pretty insecure too if I had that many flaws in my offense. Trust me, Pippen wanted to be alpha, especially when he went all cry baby over that Kukoc shot, but his abilities, or lack thereof, makes him nothing more than Jordan's sidekick b*atch.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Honest question.

Are you a ****ing idiot?
    What?

It's an honest observation.

I have never seen a so call "star" ride the balls of another player that much before. At least Kobe had his 2 championship rings to show for and Malone was at least a bit productive when Stockton retired.

Pippen just did a 360 degree Lamar Odom crash dive when he does not have Jordan clenching his small hairy balls (prob lopsided too which explains his horrible slanted release)

How anyone can call him a true star is beyond me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I just wish he could've had five years leading the bulls. There's no doubt he wins an mvp and dpoy. While leading a team to a championship
    There's plenty of doubt rather he would have even been an all star if he hadn't been traded to the Bulls.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    There's plenty of doubt rather he would have even been an all star if he hadn't been traded to the Bulls.
    Whether.

My bad for comparing him to Ariza.

Ariza is a much better perimeter shooter.

Lol what a bunch of dumbasses. Especially bizil. Im sorry biz. But I've shown you instances of pippen taking over games and you just want to overlook that. Its not
    pippens fault that his to prime coincided with jordan. And thus didn't have a fair enough opportunity to like magic or kobe. What's more, only on insidehoops could a player that won 6the championships two gold medals, has the second highest all-time win percentage, regarded as the best wing defender ever, I could go on and on, be penalized for not avg 25 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

He was 33. Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    He couldn't lead the Blazers with a 15 point lead in the 4th
    He led the bulls back from a 15 point lead in game 6 of 92 with jordan on the bench.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    He led the bulls back from a 15 point lead in game 6 of 92 with jordan on the bench.
    Yeah--that 15 point fourth quarter comeback involving the Blazers is conveniently ignored by Pippen's detractors. Regarding 2000, he was 34, his 98' finals injury made him a vastly inferior player and he injured his hand in Game 5, which caused his shot to be off the rest of the series. (before that he torched the Lakers early in Game 5 to set the tone to keep Portland alive) The idea that it was prime Pippen on the 2000 Blazers is absurd.

Regarding leadership, everyone involved with the Bulls--especially his teammates (Bill Wennington said he would draft Pippen over anyone in history because of how great a teammate he was, Kerr picked him second in TNT's all-time draft partly due to this as well)--note how much of a leader he was. Whenever they needed inspiration or support it was Pippen who Bulls players turned to. To equate scoring with leadership is ridiculous. It is funny how the leading scorer is almost always presumed to be the team leader, as if there is a correlation between leadership skills and the ability to put a ball through a basket.

The Jordan argument is laughable. Pippen was #1 in all-NBA and #1 in all-defensive and #3 in MVP voting in his only full prime season without MJ and the Bulls finished only 2 games out of the top seed in the East despite having a CBA (D-League) scrub at SG. Had he not been hurt during the first 10 games the Bulls likely would have won the #1 seed and Pippen would have been #1 or #2 in MVP voting.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 03-03-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I just wish he could've had five years leading the bulls. There's no doubt he wins an mvp and dpoy. While leading a team to a championship

Yeah....cuz he was well on his way to that after 1994 when they were 34-31, or when he went to Rockets and stacked Blazer team that failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Yeah--that 15 point fourth quarter comeback involving the Blazers is conveniently ignored by Pippen's detractors. Regarding 2000, he was 34, his 98' finals injury made him a vastly inferior player and he injured his hand in Game 5, which caused his shot to be off the rest of the series. (before that he torched the Lakers early in Game 5 to set the tone to keep Portland alive) The idea that it was prime Pippen on the 2000 Blazers is absurd.

Regarding leadership, everyone involved with the Bulls--especially his teammates (Bill Wennington said he would draft Pippen over anyone in history because of how great a teammate he was, Kerr picked him second in TNT's all-time draft partly due to this as well)--note how much of a leader he was. Whenever they needed inspiration or support it was Pippen who Bulls players turned to. To equate scoring with leadership is ridiculous. It is funny how the leading scorer is almost always presumed to be the team leader, as if there is a correlation between leadership skills and the ability to put a ball through a basket.

The Jordan argument is laughable. Pippen was #1 in all-NBA and #1 in all-defensive and #3 in MVP voting in his only full prime season without MJ and the Bulls finished only 2 games out of the top seed in the East despite having a CBA (D-League) scrub at SG. Had he not been hurt during the first 10 games the Bulls likely would have won the #1 seed and Pippen would have been #1 or #2 in MVP voting.
    Nice post rock. The probleem is these guys have a clear agenda. What makes it worse is how hypocritical some of these posters are. Especially bizil