Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Posterize's Pro Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    I feel like a lot of Blair's physicality and aggressiveness is partly credited to his massive hulking frame. I wonder that if he drops some weight, he won't be able to play to his style. I only saw a few of his games, and I thought a bigpart of his game that gave him an advantage was his massive tank-ish body just plowing through dudes.
    It's true. But when you think about it he could drop so much weight and still be a tank. He's 6'6" 277. Imagine if he dropped 30 lbs. He'd be 6'6" 247. That's still frickin huge. He'll always be a tank. I'd like to see him drop about 12 lbs to 265, maybe 260, but no less.

If anybody knows anything about Gani Lawal they should write a scouting report on him for me

i saw on the espn home page there was a chad ford article about international prospects which had joe ingles and patty mills as the picture, is anyone an insider than can copy the article, will rep!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Hey Posterize, planning on doing another mock draft contest deal again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Hey Posterize, planning on doing another mock draft contest deal again this year?
    Probably after the withdrawal date. I think I was last place last year and it was my own game lol

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Supposedly Teague is being told to stay in college. Same with Daye.

I'll continue this tomorrow, been busy buying a new car

Eric Maynor, PG, VCU

Is going to have to put serious work in in the gym to get up to the level he needs to be athletically in the NBA. Should also consider hiring a nutritionist so he can add weight to his tiny frame. Has good height but is a twig and needs to put on a good 20 pounds. His vertical (31.5

I like Maynor a lot. I was amazed he weighed so low at the combine. I knew he was skinny and all, but he was the lightest guy there I think, at 6'3! Needs to get bulked up, like you said, by 15-20lbs. Can't see it hurting his game.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he'll be a defensive stopper, per se. He'll be solid, perhaps a bit above average, but I don't see any all-defense teams ahead of him. He's such a heady player he sees opposing offenses developing and know what he needs to do to disrupt it, but in an on ball situation I don't think you'll be able to say "go shut him down Eric" that often.

The biggest positive he has over the other points, and maybe it's come with being a 4 year player, I see him being able to run any system. With the other guys (namely Lawson/Flynn) it remains to be seen if they'll be able to utilize their skills in anything but a running team. Maybe someday? Of course, but with Maynor you know he can. I am worried about his shot, yes it's funky as all hell which isn't always a killer, but it's a slow release and I'm worried about him getting it off consistently. Whoever drafts him is going to need to tweak his shot in a pretty big way.

I love that on offense, he'll make his teammates play. It's one of the few things I loved about Jamaal Tinsley, you get open and he'll feed you the ball. He's just such a smart player, he understands every facet of the game. He's not going to be an All-Star, but will be a very capable starter on good teams within a few years. I'd have absolutely no qualms with him becoming a Pacer, espcially if we're able to trade back a few spots and net another small piece.

Stephen Curry, PG, Davidson

By the way, I've decided I can't do Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holiday, and Demar Derozan. Pac10 games come on at like 11pm in Philly, didn't have time for a lot of them. Though I did see a lot of James Harden just because I was a fan.

Remaining players I'm doing:

Earl Clark
    Ahmad Nivins
    Derrick Brown
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Blake Griffin
    DaJuan Summers
    Ty Lawson
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Wayne Ellington
    Jerel McNeal
    Last edited by Posterize246; 06-09-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Banned

post his mom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    By the way, I've decided I can't do Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holiday, and Demar Derozan. Pac10 games come on at like 11pm in Philly, didn't have time for a lot of them. Though I did see a lot of James Harden just because I was a fan.

Earl Clark
    Ahmad Nivins
    Derrick Brown
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Blake Griffin
    DaJuan Summers
    Ty Lawson
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Wayne Ellington
    Jerel McNeal
    Tell me about it man, wish I'd utilized the DVR a lot more. I just can't get into the scouting portion until I have some understanding of where Indy'll draft. Do look forward to Nivins, Brown, and Summers (especially him, seems like Jeff Green 2.0) though. Don't have much knowledge of potential 2nd rounders. Some Dante Cunningham thoughts'd be cool, think he'll be able to be a rotational 4?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

Earl Clark
    Ahmad Nivins
    Derrick Brown
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Blake Griffin
    DaJuan Summers
    Ty Lawson
    Tyler Hansbrough
    Wayne Ellington
    Jerel McNeal
    Repped, when it gets here.