Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron says Dr J is TOP 3 All Time

Bill not being the leading scorer does not mean anyone else was the best player and I suspect whoever you claim was better than him would agree. John Havlicek sure as hell would and hes the only one with a case as Bill got older. And he said he missed Bill more on offense than defense.

There is no question who the key player was on all 11 of those rings. None. At all. And by the time he had fallen off enough to even ask the question Sam Jones had slowed as well and Bill was player/coach. You are a teams best player AND the coach there is no question whos team it is.

And nobody on the celtics ever finished ahead of him im MVP voting after his rookie season when he missed half the year to play in the olympics(In Australia...so the summer was in our winter).

Full season Bill...nobody on his team ever finished ahead of him in MVP voting and it was the players voting.

Anyone but Bill being that teams #1 is just 40 years later talk. Its clear who the players thought. He got more MVP voting points in his last season than anyone else on the Celtics got his entire post rookie career.

The league knew what it was.

Ok, I like Dr. J too...

But there's no way in hell he's better then Kareem, Wilt, Tim Duncan, Magic, Hakeem & Shaq. You could make a debate for the ones I didn't mention but he's not even close to the ones listed above. I'm talking about "skill" not just accomplishments. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Not really, because for many of those rings he was like the 3rd, 4th, even 5th best contributor on the other side of the ball.
    lol ironic when speaking about the Magic man. Also, offense != scoring.

College superstar

Dr. J picked Kobe over Lebron and put Kobe in the top 5 all-time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-over-lebron

why he picked number 6 then? what a bitch

Banned

tired of the agenda moderators have against me

they delete every single one of my successful threads

i should have around 10k+ posts. but theyve deleted my entire history on here seemingly

they let kobe haters run wild. but anything regarding lebron or jordan not in a positive way is shut down

this place will be run into the ground pretty soon because jeff only hires lebron fans with agenda's

there is no parity here anymore. it was a good 5 years. ( for the most part )

so long

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

tired of the agenda moderators have against me

they delete every single one of my successful threads

i should have around 10k+ posts. but theyve deleted my entire history on here seemingly

they let kobe haters run wild. but anything regarding lebron or jordan not in a positive way is shut down

this place will be run into the ground pretty soon because jeff only hires lebron fans with agenda's

there is no parity here anymore. it was a good 5 years. ( for the most part )

so long
    say it aint so bro

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Right, Dr.J is top-3, yet LeBron wanted to change his number to 6 in order to create his own legacy. The value of such opinions...
    Miami retired #23 boss. Didn't MJ Idolize Dr. J as a kid? Maybe Bron idolize's both of them(MJ/Dr. J), just like Kobe/Bron fans idolize their favorite players and have them ranked differently on their top 20 player list.
    Last edited by Pra; 08-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Great college starter

Interview of Lebron from highschool he mentions

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird

..and Dr J

3:03

ESPN's LeBron James High School Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGRZP35sTFI

Quote Originally Posted by Pra
    Miami retired #23 boss. Didn't MJ Idolize Dr. J as a kid? Maybe Bron idolize's both of them(MJ/Dr. J), just like Kobe/Bron fans idolize their favorite players and have them ranked differently on their top 20 player list.
    LeBron had made his decision to change to #6 public before announcing his decision to play for Miami. But, whatever the reason for changing, how can you claim that you'll make your own legacy with a certan number that has already been worn by 2 of the game's GOAT legends? Especially if you have idolized one of them. Why didn't he follow young Kobe's example, by picking a number that hadn't already become legendary?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Dr. J picked Kobe over Lebron and put Kobe in the top 5 all-time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...be-over-lebron
    Ouch that's gotta hurt for Lebron fans.