Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

1A / 1B IMO - at the moment at least.

Banned

Yeah, I agree with Wade. Especially with how he's played after his crappy first month.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Who's the best player in the NBA? Kobrick Bryant.
    If judging by overall skill? Yes

If judging by box scores? then it's LeBron

And as far as his jumpers, I'm seeing him take more of them (maybe he's settling more? ) His game is expanding and if he develops a post game and gets better at FT's then offensively he will be unstoppable, if he isn't already unstoppable.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    He's not the best player in the league. He is a stat sheet stuffer but his game is still mostly reliant on his athleticism. If he can develop these skills then he will be the best player in the league.

Yeah he is EASILY the best player in the League wake up..When U watch him in certain games when he is locked in he makes it look scary easy like the other Night against Bobcats or in NY or Clev..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Yeah he is EASILY the best player in the League wake up..When U watch him in certain games when he is locked in he makes it look scary easy like the other Night against Bobcats or in NY or Clev..
    No he's not easily the best in the league. When he's locked in he's amazing but that's with anyone getting hot. When Wade, Kobe, Durant etc get hot they are ridiculous as well. I'm looking at his game not the stats he puts up. If stats were the only thing people looked at then they would think Wilt is the G.O.A.T not Michael. I'm looking at what he can do offensively and defensively. He still has his flaws like everyone. But there are glaring weaknesses in his game but because he is so good in others it can make up for it. LeBron is a beast and I would love to have him on my team if I were a coach but he's still more athletic based than skill based. There's nothing wrong with that but I just judge players in a different way I guess

Banned

What Skill? Being one of the biggest ballhogs in NBA History. He shot 6/24 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. His team still won the game.
    Dude that Game 7 was last season. That's like me bringing up LeBron's entire series against SA and judging him off of that. And Kobe is not a ballhog. If that were the case he wouldn't constantly lead his team in assists every year and be the biggest playmaker on their team

Skill means what he is able to do on the floor. There is no glaring weakness in his game meaning you can't say "Let's make Kobe be a jump shooter." when defending him because he can make them. You can't make him go to the line because he can make his FT's. He can guard your best player (although I'll admit he has been pretty lazy this year on defense for the most part). He's not too great of a help defender though that's one area that LeBron trumps him in is help defense. That's what I mean when I say skill. LeBron is starting to develop his skills more instead of just relying on his incredible athleticism. If he develops other areas of his game that are more skill based than athletic based then he will be the best player in the league to me. I think he has the potential to do it and will do it eventually.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

So far Lebron is a shooting pretty good with his jumper. But he shot pretty good last year too, but messed up in the playoffs.

This yeah, his jumper doesn't look awkward anymore. If he keep at it, then he will take out one of his weakness.

As far as him being the best player, eh. If he is, he isn't blowing people out of the water. Yeah, I know he and Wade are both sharing the ball and taking turns, so they are not exploding in the stat column in order to win games. Both are close in what they do, so it's pretty unclear to me. He definitely has the best talent though.

But constantly trying to find out who is the best individual player is pretty overrated anyway in a team sport.

Let me settle this with some facts, if you are to lazy to thoroughly observe the info, then i can say in short words Wade is close but the edge is still clear towards Lebrons side in terms of who has been playing better for Heat.

LEBRON

PPG: 24.8
    RPG: 6.8
    APG: 7.3
    FG .481%
    3PT .358%
    FT .773%
    PER / EFF - 26 / 26
    Win Shares - 6.9
    Offensive Win Shares - 4.4
    Defensive Win Shares - 2.4

WADE

PPG: 25.0
    RPG: 6.5
    APG: 4.2
    FG .495%
    3PT .313%
    FT .742%
    PER / EFF - 26 / 24
    Win Shares - 6.2
    Offensive Win Shares - 3.9

And this, the biggest decievable stat here is the +/-, you can overlook it if you wish.

Last edited by sh0wtime; 01-06-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    Let me settle this with some facts, if you are to lazy to thoroughly observe the info, then i can say in short words Wade is close but the edge is still clear towards Lebrons side in terms of who has been playing better for Heat.

LEBRON

PPG: 24.8
    RPG: 6.8
    APG: 7.3
    FG .481%
    3PT .358%
    FT .773%
    PER / EFF - 26 / 26
    Win Shares - 6.9
    Offensive Win Shares - 4.4

WADE

PPG: 25.0
    RPG: 6.5
    APG: 4.2
    FG .495%
    3PT .313%
    FT .742%
    PER / EFF - 26 / 24
    Win Shares - 6.2
    Offensive Win Shares - 3.9

Wait what? Is that supposed to tell me who's better? I can download every heat game played so far this season with a click of a button which is way more accurate then advanced stats.

Stat whores drive me nuts.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Wait what? Is that supposed to tell me who's better? I can download every heat game played so far this season with a click of a button which is way more accurate then advanced stats.

Stat whores drive me nuts.
    Stats have some limitations. Your eyes, and brain have far more, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Stats have some limitations. Your eyes, and brain have far more, though.
    Thanks but I think if I've watched the majority of their games I can trust my brain a lot more than I can trust stats.

Banned

What Skill? Being one of the biggest ballhogs in NBA History. He shot 6/24 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. His team still won the game.
    your hero shot 35% the whole series vs celtics in 08.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    If LeBron can:

1.) Continue shooting (and making) jumpers like he has been
    2.) Develop a post game
    3.) Get better at Free Throw Shooting
    4.) Become a better 1-on-1 defender
    5.) Get better at off-ball movement

He will no doubt in my mind be the best player in the league. Those are his only weaknesses in my opinion. Those skills combined with his athletic ability will simply make him unstoppable.
    Do you even watch the games? Lebron is one of the best one on one defenders in the league, and it's not like 1v1 defense is really that important at all. He probably has to defend a 1v1 situation less than once a game. Same with FT shooting, he's at 77% which isn't great, but it's not awful. These were legit criticisms in '07 but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    He has been the best player in the NBA since 2008.
    he wasn't the best in 2008-2009 season.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Thanks but I think if I've watched the majority of their games I can trust my brain a lot more than I can trust stats.
    Yeah, I'm sure your biased perspective is much more trustworthy than stats.