Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Eh sounds about right. I didn't care too much for the last two tales.

I might look one of those up actually, since I sort of want to refrain from buying a new game until I get my hands on SSX or ME3.
    I'm really tempted to get SSX. I haven't played a good snowboarding game since Amped 3.

finally playing arkham city. siiiiiiiick game. my kinda action adventure in terms of puzzles and combat mechanics. and i usually don't care about this stuff, but i love the character bios - just seeing when certain villains and other characters came about in the original comics - tracing them back to the 1940's, 50's, and 60's...

alternating between that and pretty much all the pixeljunk games on psn except for the tower defense one. shooter, shooter 2, side scroller, and the platforming one.

fitting in some resident evil revelations on the side too.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Eh sounds about right. I didn't care too much for the last two tales.

I might look one of those up actually, since I sort of want to refrain from buying a new game until I get my hands on SSX or ME3.
    I just thought of another game you might be interested in called "To the Moon". It does have some gameplay elements to it, but the focus is really on the story.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgvl9g57wm0mgi9

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Just put it my pre-order for Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city for the 360....more buddies on 360....and Witcher 2 on 360.

Played Mass Effect the other day. Then burned my copy of Mass Effect 2.

Pretty eventful.

NBA lottery pick

Been trying some of the games on the nintendo e-shop for my 3ds. Mighty Switch Force was great, unfortunately it's really short. Also got pushmo, that's a must have game if you have a 3ds. May get Kid Icuras later.

just got done with mass effect 1. sticked with the stock shep and made a paragon soldier. the combat was kinda stale at first but as i got better weapons and attachments, the more funner it got.

the story was well worth the purchase and now i can't wait to get back into me2 and see how my choices will provide almost a new experience -- even though i beat it without beating the first.

gonna import my soldier to and infiltrator on me2 on insanity. after im done, ill import shep into me3 and go vanguard. prolly wait til bioware brings out the new ending since everybody hated the stock version.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Finished a 58 Game season as the 94 Bulls in 2k12 about 3 weeks ago. Played 6 minute quarters to get it done as fast as possible lol. Will post some pics for poster Samurai Swoosh, who was asking about the game not too long ago:

I never completely finished Chrono Trigger when I was younger; so I'm doing an emulation play-through currently. Maybe it's just the old school gamer in me, but yesteryear's gaming > today's gaming.

Sick Nevaeh now I want that game so bad. They even got the IX's on him.

Even got the right length shorts / compression shorts.

Are they unlockable on the game? Does MJ shoot like how his form was in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    Does MJ shoot like how his form was in real life?
    They got Jordan down pat. Fade away jumpers, ball handling, post moves, dunks, layups, everything. It's scary how much it looks like the real Jordan. Those guys at 2K know their shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I feel so game-less.

This year I'm only buying CoD if its a older timeframe, like WW2 or something.

Probably going to pick up Borderlands 2. Nothing interests me this year in terms of games....

Been playing Starcraft 2 mostly with some 2k12 thrown in, although I'm getting a little burnt out on 2k12. Might try to get back into NHL 11 for a bit.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    They got Jordan down pat. Fade away jumpers, ball handling, post moves, dunks, layups, everything. It's scary how much it looks like the real Jordan. Those guys at 2K know their shit.
    Yeah,I remember thinking with 2k11,"Man, it's gonna take YEARS for them to top this!!", but lo and behold, they still kicked it up a notch. For Swoosh, a couple of things they improved on was making Jordan's turnaround Jumper a lot quicker in 12, as well as making the Ball arc vary from shot to shot. Like, if he's "hugging" the baseline on a turnaround, he will arc it higher, just like in real life. Also, the faces are more accurate IMO, even as good as 2k11 did faces the first time.

Also, Scottie Pippen plays more like "PIP" now, and not as much like a role player like he did in 11.You can "feel" how valuable he is roaming the floor on "D" just like real life. The only thing missing from 12 really, is Phil walking the sidelines (like he was in 11), but you'll quickly forget about it, once the action starts (for Phil Jackson lovers, don't worry, 2k11 can be bought between 10-20 bucks now lol).

All things considered, I've never had a game make me feel like a "kid" again, as much as 2k12 has this past year (Sonic Generations came close though).
    Last edited by Nevaeh; 03-25-2012 at 02:03 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Whatfoul?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Just put it my pre-order for Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city for the 360....more buddies on 360....and Witcher 2 on 360.
    Dude whats it like man??

Just about to start campaign on Battlefield 3, been stting unopened from xmas!